Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with GA-X48-DS5 and Q9550?

Default Re: Problem with GA-X48-DS5 and Q9550?

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but which range shoud I use? For
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 4-6 (9-12)
    should I use 4-6 or 9-12? And which one is considered loose? I'm guessing whether high or low is loose will vary from parameter to parameter? Since I don't know what any of these values mean how do I find out which value to use? I'm not interested in over clocking I just want to run things at their rated speed.

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    @ Guru, yes you have to enable RAID in the BIOS before you can get into the RAID BIOS. Do you have a PS/2 Keyboard? I ask this because I thought maybe you are using a USB Keyboard and it is having issues with things. But since you can get into the BIOS via the delete key maybe not. You may just need some BIOS settings changed. Please post a pic of your advanced BIOS page or tell me the settings you are trying to use for RAID, and where you have your disks plugged into

To both of you, for 8GB you would need to set these ranges for a loose run, and then lower and test as you go >>>

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-6
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 4-6 (9-12)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6-8 (11-16)
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 60-75 (Depends on speed, quality, other settings. May need more or less)

Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-8
    Static tRead Value_______________7-12 (Depends on FSB speed/ram speed and ram quality)
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] << always leave

GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal] <<< 100-250ps

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] =2.1V (Check your ram sticker, 2.0 may be fine either way)

PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2V - +0.35V]

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hey, you dont sound like a idiot! If you did not ask, then maybe that would be silly

All of those, the higher values are loose/more stable, but that particular one you asked about by name should benchmark at both ranges as either could be best depending on your ram.

The rest, all higher values are loose and the lower you go will increase performance/decrease stability without testing

Ok, I'm a little smarter. I read the great post you put up on memory timing. I ran memset and this is what it is reporting for the SPD values.
    5-5-5-15
    command rate 2T
    row cycle time 26
    refresh cycle time 71
    ror to row delay 4
    write recovery time 6
    write to read delay 4
    read precharg 4
    refresh 7,8
    voltage 2.1

this is with all memory related settings at auto except the voltage. I increased that 0.3

One thing that is strange is the tRAS value. Memset is reporting 15 but the memory spec says 18

So, what would you suggest as far as setting changes?

Oh, I found the problem with not being able to get into the raid setup bios. I am using a usb keyboard. It works for the main bios but to make it work for the raid bios I had to change the bios setting to use the usb keyboard in ms-dos mode. The default is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hey, you dont sound like a idiot! If you did not ask, then maybe that would be silly

All of those, the higher values are loose/more stable, but that particular one you asked about by name should benchmark at both ranges as either could be best depending on your ram.

The rest, all higher values are loose and the lower you go will increase performance/decrease stability without testing

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

SPD settings from Memset are just what is programmed into your ram, if you use SPD in your BIOS they will be used. If not, what you manually set is all that will be used, and can be seen on the main Memset page only

As for changes... Not sure. What do you have set in the BIOS? And really it would be up to you what would be stable or not anyway as you should test your ram as you lower the settings. The ranges I gave you before are what you should use

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information