Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3P, OC not possible, boot loop

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3P, OC not possible, boot loop

Oh well, pure failure :(

Aside that i have (as usual) a very hard time to get F7 and F8 to boot, some really strange things happened:

After the process of flashing i entered Bios (under difficulties, i had to "cold start" and "reset" and "cmos reset" several times before i was able to break the boot loop) and i was loading immidiatly the "default settings" in Bios.
    If i then change only *one* value up or down a notch, the PC will enter a boot loop.

For example:

In F7/F8:

Setting manually *only* the Dram timings ---> Boot loop (even with very low Dram timings)
    Setting manually *only* the voltages (Cpu to 1,40V and Dram to 2.1V and MCH to 1.30V) ----> Boot loop
    Setting manually latch and strap (333MHZ nd 2,40B) ---> Boot loop

So, entering instead auf "auto" values the true standard values is forcing the PC to boot loop.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You say Low memory timings, you do mean very high right? Just had to ask.

What you see for Auto values on the Left may be incorrect and I would not use them. Please do post for me your full settings you used when you manually set the ram timings

Maybe you have a faulty board? You do get a checksum error when you clear the CMOS right? If not you are not fully clearing it.

Do you have any other ram to test things with, or can/have you tested this ram one by one with memtest86+ on this system or another? >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You may have a DOA stick in the mix.

Do you have any External Devices connected? Do you have Legacy USB Storage Detect enabled in this BIOS, if so disable it and see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You say Low memory timings, you do mean very high right? Just had to ask.
    Sorry, yes. I reffered to "very high" timings.

What you see for Auto values on the Left may be incorrect and I would not use them. Please do post for me your full settings you used when you manually set the ram timings
    Can tell you the exact settings in a couple of hours.

Maybe you have a faulty board? You do get a checksum error when you clear the CMOS right? If not you are not fully clearing it.
    Hm not sure about that. I am pretty sure, i don't get a chesum error, when clearing CMOS. Please tell me then how to clear the CMOS perfectly.

I doubt that the board is faulty, since i am currently running my e8500 12 hour primestable at 4.1 GHZ wuith my 2 x 2GB memory installed.

I will run a memtest later on, too and report back.

Do you have any External Devices connected? Do you have Legacy USB Storage Detect enabled in this BIOS, if so disable it and see if that helps
    I do have some MIDI (i am a musician) USB devices connected to the MB, but not when i flashed the BIOS. I heard already about the "USB storage detect" issue and allways tried to disable it in BIOS asap untill things run smoothly.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, you must see a checksum error or the CMOS did not get fully cleared. There is my method in this thread (#2) >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

A way you can be sure, is to remove the battery, unplug the PSU, put a jumper on the Clear CMOS pins and Hold in the case power button for about 1 minute. Then hold in your Clear CMOS Button for a minute. Then remove the jumper, put the battery back, and plug in the system. You should get a checksum error once the CMOS is cleared

Ya, once you can post your settings and I will see if I see anything out of the ordinary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information