Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3L crashing on resume from sleep

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L crashing on resume from sleep

Use them with what you gave me last time. I just meant for those to be trial changes to what you had given me

Ya, use 2.1 for your ram voltage for now, you may be able to use 2.0 later... Maybe

Your ram is rated for 1066 and you are running it at that so you should use 1066 or above driving strength profile

1.35 maybe a bit much. You do have 8GB right? Try 1.26-1.32 and see how that does. You really cannot be sure 1.25 is the exact cause of that Warning unless that was the ONLY value you changed at that time. Any incorrect setting that will not allow the board to boot will revert the BIOS to stock (Although you will see all your settings still) and the warning will be shown. Default BIOS settings will be applied until you change things to be correct

Ya, the more ram you have the more you need to add to MCH. 1.16 will likely not be enough, I find 1.2-1.24/6 is needed just for 4GB at 900Mhz, so you will likely need more. And as you found out, too much will also not work, you just have to find the "Sweet Spot"

Good luck, and let me know how you are getting along

Haven't had a chance to try your settings yet, but I did run a quick test I thought you might be interested in.

If I change the MCH Core to 1.050 (where I believe 1.100 is the default) then the PC resumes from sleep successfully every time (for 45 minute stretches and left overnight). Problem solved, hurrah? Alas no, because upon resuming from sleep I find that in 3D intensive games I have flickering textures until I reboot, at which point the problem goes away. If I were to abandon sleep and only use shutdown this might be acceptable, but the problem might simply occur over extended periods, and I don't want to live without sleep.

I'll try and give your settings a try tonight. I'm on holiday from Thursday so if I suddenly go quiet that's why, not because I don't great appreciate your assistance with this most irksome issue :)

After further investigation it looks like the flickering textures on resume are an AMD driver problem, I find that disabling the Catalyst AI in the Catalyst Control Panel stops the flickering so I am reporting the problem to them.

Looks like I'm all set. I'm going to play with the MCH Core voltage to see how far from 1.1 I need to deviate for the machine to still resume after a long sleep, but other than that it seems my problems are solved. Many thanks for all your help!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you found something that works. I was about to say that may be a driver issue only, seems you found that out though.

New drivers come out often so just keep checking in for a new one to try. You could also try older ones as often those work better as well. >>>
    Old Version of ATI Catalyst Drivers Download

Good luck and thanks for the kind words..... Ohh yeah and have a great Holiday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information