Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P + E8400 Overclocking

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P + E8400 Overclocking

I believe it! Anything over 2.1 I recommend always to have a fan directly on the ram. Past 2.2 is for benchmarks only. 2.4 I would never use myself even for a bench

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I believe it! Anything over 2.1 I recommend always to have a fan directly on the ram. Past 2.2 is for benchmarks only. 2.4 I would never use myself even for a bench
    yes bro.,i also believe the ram died because of over voltage.,i already add 2x90mm fan on the ram.,when i touch the ram its not hot only warm.,but still died..i cannot get over 1500mhz without add extra voltage on it.,you want to know why i kill the ram.,because i want to compete in the gigabyte 1508 ram OC competition..
    Pero-Sesor: Core i7 860 2.83Ghz
    Curling-Sis-Term: Custom Liquid Cooling
    Mother-Bot: Gigabyte P55-UD4P
    Rrrr-Am: 2x2GB Team Xtreem DDR3 2000
    Hard-This: Western Digital Raptor
    Gera-Pig-Cut: Sapphire 4870 512MB DDR5
    Pee-Ass-You: Corsair HX620w Modular
    Cass-Sing: Lian LI PC-A17 Silver

Please show me a bios setting.
    Im using the same spec but my pc is limit to 3.8Ghz....

Hi guys.

Ive got the same Motherboard and a 8400 E0 CPU. I am not having problems at all overclocking with my own settings, but seems like when i change this:

Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter]
    CPU Clock Drive...........................: <<< 800
    PCI Express Clock Drive.................: <<< 900
    CPU Clock Skew (ps)....................: <<< 50
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)...................: <<< 150

To that 800 and 900 on the 1st lines, i cant even acess bios anymore. need to ClearCMOS to do it. i leave it at 700 and everything works fine. i guess thats the only problem so far. which im not 100% sure. need to make couple of tests more. But what does that make ? only that i don't understand, whats the utility of it?

So far what i got was this: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9272/lulzapl.jpg

That was the 1st settings i tested, meaning i might be able to lower a little more CPU voltage hhehe.

Best regards

I'm new here so please be kind

I have the same board flashed w/BIOS 9b rev. 1.1 mobo using G.Skill 2x2 4GB @ 1066hmz 2.1 spec5-5-5-15 running E8500 E0 running latest Easy Tune 6 for read only checks.

Here's my style of O/C:

Starting from Load Optimized Defaults reboot and then DEL back to BIOS
    change other areas of BIOS to match your needs and...

Advanced Settings
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect ..............[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

in the M.I.T. section I set all voltages to NORMAL better safe than sorry and TWEAK what matters!!!

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
    Robust Graphics Booster ................: Auto
    CPU Clock Ratio ...........................: 9
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio......................:.0
    CPU Frequency ............................: 3.998

Clock Chip Control
    Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control.....................: [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ...............: 444Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) ............: Auto

C.I.A.2 .........................................:[Disabled]

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance......................: [Turbo]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)........: Auto
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch.................: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 2.4B
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ................: 1066Mhz<<hope your="" memory="" is="" this="">
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual]

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time........................5
    tRCD ...................................5
    tRP'....................................5
    tRAS....................................15

Motherboard Voltage Control
    CPU
    Load-Line Calibration....................: [Enabled] we hate droop
    CPU Vcore….………........................:1.35V<<tweak here!!="">
    CPU Termination…..........1.2..........:Auto<<easy tune="" 6="" will="" show="" 1.3v="">
    CPU PLL…………………........1.5..........:Normal
    CPU Referen.………….......................:0.778V<<easy tune="" 6="" will="" show="" 0.715v="">

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V..............: 2.1v<<have set="" to="" 2.12="" for="" droop="" o="" c="">
    DRAM Termination .…0.900V..............: Auto
    Channel A Reference 0.900V.............: Auto
    Channel B Reference 0.900V.............: Auto

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...............: 1.340V<<is fine="" until="" fsb="" 333=""><500+
    MCH/DRAM Ref......0.900V...............: Auto
    MCH Reference.....0.800V...............; 0.783V<<easy tune="" 6="" will="" show="" 0.72v="">
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V...............: Normal<<could bump="" one="" notch="">
    ICH Core…………......1.100V...............: Normal<<could bump="" one="" notch="">

boot and check Easy Tune 6:

CPU PLL ----------> should be 1.5
    CPU Termination --> should be 1.3 remember this value is on Auto
    CPU Referen ------> should be 0.715
    MCH Reference ---> should be 0.72

Don't touch Easy Tune 6 sliders just look and check!!!

Changing MCH Reference in BIOS shows different in Easy Tune 6 that's okay. Some claim we really don't need higher MCH Ref of 0.783 in BIOS for O/C unless your brave! It will affect Core Termination Voltage. So bumping it higher in BIOS will result in higher Termination as long as it's slightly lower than CPU Vcore in Easy Tune 6 then cool beans.

Changing CPU Referen to 0.715 appears to help make stable. We have it lower than stock 0.76 so changes in BIOS made it 0.715 but 0.72 may also work well just change it one step at a time just like MCH Reference in BIOS and check with Easy Tune 6 for results and stability.

Change the BIOS from here on out and then check values and determine if stable. Tweak down most likely from 1.35v Core until not stable. I picked a higher safe value. Lower Core below 1.35v keeps things cool but it must be set higher than Core Termination.

You should NOT raise FSB Freq more than 444 unless you want to O/C memory and then you are on your own.

You can attempt 533 with 8 multiplier on your own as it will put you at 4.264 Ghz still running memory at 1066 but change memory multiplier to 2.0B. You should be able to under clock memory since its on AUTO for sub-timings and Turbo picks fast sub-timing settings for you. Could also try Standard when O/C memory and tweak sub-timings beyond this post .

When you try higher FSB you will find the need to fight the voltages and fail to POST but that means you need to tweak:

CPU Vcore +
    CPU Referen +
    MCH Referen +
    and maybe MCH Core too!!!

Good Luck</could></could></easy></is></have></easy></easy></tweak></hope>

Well, I'm very new, and I was really getting a headache trying to parse through all the docs on overclocking. So, I was really happy to find this post :)

Great info there Mt. Lemmon Runner, I was able to get my system to 4.0GHz with your settings and so far it seems stable (going to run memtest tonight). My core temperatures while running Prime95 are 52C which I think is pretty good (around 30C idle).

I'll report back if there's any trouble, but I suspect its going to run nice and smooth.
    MBD: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P(r1.0). CPU: Intel E8400 (@4.0GHz)
    HSF: Xigmatek
    Dark Knight-S1283.. MEM: G.Skill 2x2GB PC2 8800 (F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI)
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad. HDD: Western Digital Caviar WD4000KS 400GB
    GPU: BFG GeForce GTX285 OCE...... MON: Acer X203Wbd 20" LCD
    ENC: Lian Li V COOL PC-V1200B.... O/S: Vista-64

It was recommended to me to set the pci express frequency to 100 to lock it so I did that.

Otherwise, with Prime95 running my core temps go to as high as 55C which I think is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by FredSRichardson View Post
    It was recommended to me to set the pci express frequency to 100 to lock it so I did that.

Otherwise, with Prime95 running my core temps go to as high as 55C which I think is pretty good.
    Great to hear that Fred

I was only trying to get this started. I found my 2x2 1066Mhz G.Skills overclock to 1088Mhz using memtest+ with various timings/voltages yours may vary test #5 is the acid test for this determination. Also I have at least a handful of BIOS and alas Easy Tune profiles combination's allowing my different O/C's which appear stable enough for games and such. If you are interested in bleeding edge super overclocks while still in Intel spec and good temps with aftermarket cooler I will provide then.

Two profiles:

One profile allows me to boot from bios and hit 444 FSB @ 4.2G stable then apply Easy Tune 6 profiles to bump things up to 453 FSB @ 4.303G also stable. These two are super stable and safe bet but remember the 453 FSB @ 4.303 requires after BIOS boot voltage/FSB changes.

Second profile allows me to boot @ 500 FSB and then Easy Tune 6 tweaks voltages to good range and bump FSB up to 533 for super Winmarks and stable playing games for hours but does have some quirks e.g. have ironed it out enough for some stable tests. It will hit at 8x CPU multiplier 4.2Ghz+. This profile seems to be a bit faster and smoother gaming.

I can provide help pertaining these plus assist in providing my memory settings for sub-timing sections too.

Let me know if any is interested.

Thank Mt. Lemmon Runner, I very much appreciate the help!

My ram is rated as DDR2-1100 but I'm not sure what I would do change this.

I have heard on this forum that one should not use ET6 for adjusting anything, but only use it to monitor voltages. Perhaps this depends on how you use it?

I have a separate issue that's very unfortunate. I simply can't run ET6 at all right now. I get a DLL related error message. I'm complaining about that in a separate thread on this forum.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information