Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-X48T-DQ6 Not able to load ACHI SATA Drivers

Question GA-X48T-DQ6 Not able to load ACHI SATA Drivers

I just purchased the GA-X48T-DQ6, it came loaded with the F5 Bios, so I did not up date the Bios. I downloaded all the new drivers for the MotherBoard from Gigabyte.
    The SATA drivers I downloaded are Intel ICH9R/ICH10R Driver (Preinstall driver, press F6 during Windows setup to read from floppy) 8.5.0.1032.

In the Bios I set the SATA MODE to AHCI, I do not want to use RAID or IDE.
    When I started to install Windows XP Professional, I hit the F6, when it came time to load the drivers only RAID drivers showed up in the listing, NO ACHI drivers were present, and if I choose one of the RAID drivers, when it was time for Windows to begin setting up and choose a drive, I got a Blue screen
    telling me Windows encountered an error and could not continue.

This error I base on the Bios being set to AHCI and the driver I picked from the listing as being RAID…

I tried loading Windows several times changing the Bios setting DATA Port0-3 Native Mode from Enabled to Disabled, but it made no difference. My Hard Drive Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB was Partitioned, Formated, being Primary and set to Active.
    After about an hour, I thought of using and earlier version of the SATA Drivers, I had a copy of Version # 7.6.0.1011. I again tried to load Windows, pressing the F6.
    When it came time to choose the SATA Drivers, all Drivers were listed ACHI and RAID, listing my chipset ICH9R in both ACHI and RAID.
    I choose ACHI and was able to load windows without any further problems.

Once I loaded Windows, I placed the SATA Drivers # 8.5.0.1032 in my floppy drive, and updated to the newest drivers without any problems.

My Question, is there a problem with the new version of the SATA DRIVERS or is there a problem with the F5 Bios.

Default Re: GA-X48T-DQ6 Not able to load ACHI SATA Drivers

Funny you had this problem because i was having the very same one today with my EX38-DQ6

For some reason the ICHR9 drivers on Gigabytes website wouldnt work. In the end, after following the instructions in the manual to extract the drivers from the CD to a floppy, it worked. (A few floppy disks later that was)

Strangley the ones listed on Gigabytes site dont...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I always recommend to get drivers at the source >>>
    Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Direct for XP Pro >>>
    Download Search Results

Are you sure you chose the correct one at gigabyte's site? Not doubting you or anything, just wanted to be sure as there is two of them for Intel. But I guess you would have choosen the correct 32/64bit version. There may be a problem?

I always get all drivers possible from the source. That would be Realtek, J.Micron, Gigabyte BIOS, And Intel. Here is a great site that has them all direct >>>
    Station-Drivers: le site de drivers, bios, firmwares, ect...

page special drivers

Chipset
    intel drivers pour chipsets

Intel SATA/RAID
    intel drivers pour Raid/Sata/Ata/Ahci

J.Micron
    J-MICRON

Realtek Lan and Audio
    Realtek drivers

BIOS
    Bios Gigabyte

And here is another great site for all things Gigabyte >>>
    http://jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php

Thanks for your answer..

To answer your question, yes I downloaded the 32bit version of the SATA Drives from Gigabyte.

To see if it was the Drivers I downloaded from the Gigabyte site or not, I went to the INTEL site you put in your response and downloaded the 32bit SATA Driver Version set up to be put on a floppy drive, Version 8.5.0.1032 and 8.6.0.1007.

I formatted a new hard drive, and two floppies one for each SATA Drive Version and tested both Versions.
    Started Windows XP installation pressing the F6, when Windows got to the part asking to specify the SATA Drivers, I pressed “S” then “Enter” for Drive A to start loading the drivers from the floppy.

I got the same results as I did in my first Email to the Forum, that is, only RAID Drivers are listed to choose from, NO AHCI Drivers are listed, and that happened for both versions I downloaded from INTEL.

To see if the problem I’m having was the DRIVERS or the BIOS.
    I tested the SATA Drivers on my two other computers. One has the GA-X38T-DQ6 Bios F6, and the other has the GA-EX38T-DQ6 Bios F4. Doing the test the same way I did on the GA-X48T-DQ6.
    On both X38T computers I got the same results, only RAID DRIVERS are listed, NO AHCI DRIVERS are listed.

Seeing this I know it is not a GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard problem, it’s a driver problem

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Looks like you either did not scroll up when you see the driver selection page or something???

I downloaded and test installed the exact file linked above that you mention using 8.6.0.1007.

As you can see in the files there is the AHCI and RAID inf files, and you can see in the XP install window after scrolling up you will find ICH9R AHCI Driver. >>>

So I would say try again, and scroll up when you get to choose the driver as it is not at the bottom which is where you will be shown first. If you still do not get it please post for me a Image of your Advanced BIOS page so we can be sure you have the right setting. Not doubting you, just trying to check and help. As it is For sure in the included/linked files. So you are sure, I did download the same driver you mentioned here is the exact link to the one I grabbed for testing >>>

From this page >>>
    Download Search Results

This link (File 32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility (201KB) 8.6.0.1007 10/23/2008)
    Software License Agreement

And yes, I checked the Gigabyte one, and it is also correct. So I really think either you are not scrolling to find the driver in the selection window or you have the wrong BIOS settings for the ports you are using. Yellow are Intel, just so you are for sure and it is the top most settings in the advanced BIOS settings page.

Thread Information