Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P35-DS3P Issues

Default GA-P35-DS3P Issues

Let me start off by saying hello! This is my first post here. Ok, so the other night my friend turned my computer off from the powersupply and ever since then, my computer will not post. It makes 2 beeps then shuts off, powers up, makes 2 beeps, shuts down, powers up. never ending cycle. You get the picture. I had experienced a problem just like this whenever Vista went into hibernate. I finally figured out that my computer did not like sleep or hibernate, so I disabled both. However, whenever I experienced this problem after hibernate, I was able to hold down the power button while it was doing this endless cycle and it would shut down, and then boot right up. This fix does not work for my current problem though. It simply just wont post.

I know that its not a problem with any of my hardware, because everything was working flawlessly before he powered it off from the back. I have tryed resetting the cmos, booting with one stick of ram, booting with the HD disconnected. I know it comes down to an issue with my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P. Pretty much every possible troubleshooting measure I can think of does not work. The only other option I see is to buy a new mobo which I really can't afford now. I was hoping someone out there might know a fix. Thank you for looking!

----
    Ga-p35-ds3p
    Core 2 Duo e6750 @ 2.66ghz
    Ati HD 4850
    4gb Corsair XMS2
    550W Ultra PSU
    Last edited by paradigm.r; 10-28-2008 at 05:15 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3P Issues

I would suggest you clear the CMOS, I see you said you did but how? I would suggest to fully and properly ensure you do get it cleared so we can rule out a BIOS issue you try this as 2 beeps is CMOS error.

Remove all but one stick of ram in slot one. Then shut down your system. Unplug the PSU from the wall and remove the battery, then press and hold the case power switch for one minute to drain any remaining power. The place a Hard Drive/Optical IDE jumper on the Clear CMOS pins and let the system set for about a half hour.

Then remove the jumper and place the battery back in and plug the PSU in and see if you can get the CMOS Checksum error screen to come up, if so great. Choose Load optimized defaults and get into the BIOS and save and apply and shut down. Start the system and redo your settings (Or choose last 2/3/4 know good from the BIOS load Screen F12 on MAIN Page) and shut down and put all your ram back in and you should be good to go

If nothing helps let me know and I will link you to a last resort before you have to RMA

Thank you for the fast reply. Unfortunately, after following your directions to clear the CMOS to a t, I am still experiencing the same 2 beeps and then a shut down. As for the RMA process, I bought my computer from a friend so I do not have a receipt or anything for the motherboard. Thank you for your help

2 short beeps?
    would you like to update newer BIOS?

How can I update bios when I can't get it to post? If that would fix the problem that would be great although I wasn't experiencing any problems with my current bios.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ouch, I think you are going to have to make your buddy who killed it buy you a new board. Clearly he knows it was his fault! Get him!!!

If you have a floppy ALREADY connected and set as first boot device you can do a blind flash maybe. Let me know if you do have this and I will show you how to Do it. Otherwise PM me about this and I will show you a link where you can attempt to fix this by all means necessary since you cannot RMA

Thread Information