Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: x48-ds4 and mushkin ram

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: x48-ds4 and mushkin ram

I am surprised to see the X48 BIOS forgotten about so much! The board is very popular and still brining in a lot of $$

I followed the settings that were posted. Wherever it gave a choice (3-6, 9-12, 8-14, 65-80, 3-8, 7-12) I always went to the lower number. After shutting down my computer, I installed the other 2 sticks of RAM. When I powered up the system, it wouldn't even get to the POST. It would go into a re-boot shutdown cycle. I pulled one of the 2 new sticks out and try to boot and it would POST, but yet again fall short of even showing the vista loading splash screen. I am at a total loss as to what to do.

I do appriciate all the knowledge you have bestowed on me, but it seems that this isn't going to happen... which is a shame. Unless I am overlooking something here. Suggestions?

-Steve

always start with the highest number

I will give that a shot tommorow

Ya, I wrote that in the post...

Use all highest below (They are loose/Not best performance) and then later lower one at a time and test as you go with memtest86+
    Good luck with your testing, and let us know how you get along

Oops. I over-read that. My appologies. Once again, I did everything to the bios that was suggested to no avail. Flustrated, I took all the ram out and booted up the system one stick after the other. I soon found out that lo and behold I had a stick that would not boot the computer (my looping shutdown, power up symtoms). Needless to say, I had already taken the $20 MIR and sent it in, so Newegg will not RMA the product and I have to go through mushkin to replace the ram. I will let you all know what happens when the new stick shows up and what happens.

Thanks again guys for all your help. I truely appriciate it a ton.
    -Steve

Mushkin will RMA it for you for sure. Do you need help with that?

If so, here is the RMA Page.

You can setup advanced replacement as well if you like, I think it is $15 >>>
    https://www.mushkin.com/doc/support/request/

And please on day one with your new ram test each stick one by one with memtest86+ to be sure neither are DOA (It happens with all brands, sadly)

Thanks for your kind words, and sorry to hear about this for sure. I wish you a speedy RMA!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information