Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte hd 4870x2 video card

Default Re: Gigabyte hd 4870x2 video card

Quote Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
    I suggest you read the numbers again The 830w is for the whole system from the power outlet

"We'd like to cover a few final data points before bringing this article to a close. Throughout all of our benchmarking and testing, we monitored how much power our test systems were consuming using a power meter. Our goal was to give you all an idea as to how much power each configuration used while idling and under a heavy workload. Please keep in mind that we were testing total system power consumption at the outlet here, not just the power being drawn by the motherboards alone."

the 650w comes from 830*~0,80 to get what the power supply is providing the system with

and when it comes to the CPU you have misunderstood something... no intel CPU will break 250w unless cooled by dry ice?
    My guess is that a quad at lets say 3200 mhz wont use more than ~160w
    the motherboard may use another 30w or so

You better hope im right otherwise the 40+40 amps on your new PSU wont take you far ;)
    Be sure to have both rails connected to both cards since one of the rails will have to feed the rest of the system with power aswell so I think its best that the cards share the rails
    Thank you for the feedback. I did indeed misread and what you said is correct. Cheers

Default Re: Gigabyte hd 4870x2 video card

I can filll in with that im benching/stability testing my c2d e8600 right now at 4.0 ghz with 4g ram, 2 disks, a audigy2 card, a 3com network card and a hd4870

100% CPU load on both cores and 100% load on the hd4870

My energymeter is showing 260w at the power outlet
    So thats ~210-220w out from the PSU

Not at all as powerhungry as your system will be, but still.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information