Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EP35-DS3R - 3Beeps Pause 7-8Beeps Help

Default Re: EP35-DS3R - 3Beeps Pause 7-8Beeps Help

Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    There was another posts very similiar to this, where someone had knocked the PC during work that was being done on their house (as far as i remember it).

Question with yours, is:-

1) Was it the physical move that has caused the problem in some way,
    2) Was it the disconnection from the mains supply that caused the problem in some way (assuming you always normally kept the PC connected to the mains but not neccessarily in standby)
    3) Was it just a coincedence.

I physically moved the computer. I shut everything down properly before I started unplugging the cables. Then I moved it to my van, drove 2 miles, brought it into the new office, and that was it...

The computer was always on, never shut off, except for one move I made from on top of my desk to under the desk a couple of months ago. I also cleaned all dust out of the case before booting up at my new location. (perhaps the dust was holding it together? haha. There was not much dust in the case.)

I think there is a lot of coincidence involved here, like you mentioned.

I actually have a P4 2.8ghz chip(for CPU and MB testing) at home plus another system where I can test my vid card.

Unfortunately I don't have a system that can use the ddr2 ram, but I have pretty much come to the conclusion that one stick is dead. I won't get any beeps from the one, but the other stick will give me the beeps mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, please do take it all apart before you start buying new stuff. Anything could have knocked loose or got partially unplugged

Start with your board OFF the tray and out of the case on a Box or wooden table, remove all but the CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram in slot one, and your GFX card. No drives or anything else. If it works then slowly add items one at a time until you find the point of failure

I would before all that See if Clearing the CMOS will fix it. How to Clear the CMOS is posted here >>>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

If not since you moved you may also want to go ahead and reseat the CPU again to be sure it is properly and fully installed (Remove and reinstall) then move on to the above suggestion

And about Crucial voltages, Yes some of the older said 2.2 but that is ONLY the warrantied amount not what it has to have to run. Newer is labeled as 2.0, both will run fine at 2.0-2.1
    Before I take everything out of the case, I will try reseating the CPU and try the vid card in another system. If that does nothing, I will start the surgery. Thanks for the advice. I will try this out!

I think one of my Crucial sticks are dead. I am looking into getting some Mushkin ram instead. I have seen you suggest it on other threads as being compatible with Gigabyte, even though Gigabyte does not mention them...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

How did you Clean this Dust?

Yeap, Mushkin is 100% compatible and Super flexible (Black (XP) sticks are the best, Blue (HP) second best, silver (EM) = budget). And the also have new Ascent Modules with eVCI heatpipes on them, same color codes apply above except there is no silver ones.

Crucial will RMA your ram for you no questions asked >>>>
    Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - Returning an Item

If you decide to RMA and keep using Crucial just keep the voltage to 2.0-2.1 and you will likely be fine

How did you Clean this Dust?

Yeap, Mushkin is 100% compatible and Super flexible (Black (XP) sticks are the best, Blue (HP) second best, silver (EM) = budget). And the also have new Ascent Modules with eVCI heatpipes on them, same color codes apply above except there is no silver ones.

Crucial will RMA your ram for you no questions asked >>>>
    Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - Returning an Item

If you decide to RMA and keep using Crucial just keep the voltage to 2.0-2.1 and you will likely be fine
    I cleaned dust with compressed air from a distance. Nothing close up and no chemical spray, I always clean the "line" before I spray.

I would RMA my Crucial, except they will charge me about $20 to do it! I would rather spend that money on some good ram sticks instead. My first set of Crucial was completely messed up when I ran memtests on it. Here we go again! I should buy some Mushkin then take and RMA my Crucial(if they would give me my money back) and put the Crucial ram in the Mushkin box!

This all said, I still have not reseated my CPU. Will update when I do.

$20 for a RMA? Or do you mean advanced RMA?

For the shipping of the ram. I live in Canada and I have to send it to the USA. I may be exaggerating and it was only $15, but you get the point.

I tried my vid card in another system, works fine. So I reseated my cpu same problem. I removed every component, just left the MB and CPU plugged in(out of the case on the motherboard box). Same beeps. I am very FRUSTRATED! I have one more thing to try and that will determine, imo, that it is either the CPU or motherboard. I hahve a P4 2.8ghz chip that I will replace the q6600 with, it works 100%. I know because it is from another machine.

Perhaps I should also consider looking at my PSU. Try it on my P4 system. For what it's worth, I hope it's my CPU that's shot, not my MB. I have done some research in ICH9R and it is compatible across MB's no matter on brands or boards so I hope my data is ok.

Good luck with your testing, and do post back and let us know what you find

Well, I went out and bought a new power supply, thinking that might be the problem. No such luck. I am getting the same amounts of beeps. I tried a diff CPU, same thing, I removed the metal support on the back of the board for the cpu fan, thinking I may be shorting because of it, though after looking, nothing would have shorted it. Same problems. Then I took the CPU out and booted it with nothing in the board, no beeps, put the cpu back in, the same problem. There is a problem witiht eh connection between the cpu and motherboard. All my pins were straight, nothing was bent up, the board is dead, simple as that. It sure took a lot to find this out. I am hoping to bring this board to an actual computer shop and see if they can test it for me. If it is the board, I will be buying a new board and I don't think it will be Gigabyte... This board is only 9 months old, but I am not sure what the requirements are to return the board for repair, and I seriously would rather put the money into a new board then pay $20+ for shipping.

I wish Gigabyte could step in here and stand behind their product. (no jousts, just frustrated)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information