Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EP35-DS3R - 3Beeps Pause 7-8Beeps Help

Default EP35-DS3R - 3Beeps Pause 7-8Beeps Help

Basic setup:

GA-EP35-DS3R
    2gb(2x1) Crucial Ballistix
    q6600 core 2 quad
    7800gt co evga
    2x250gb seagate raid 0

I have been running my system for about 6-8 months now without any issues. The first set of memory sticks I received were pretty much DOA, full of errors when tested. RMA'ed them and got the ones I am currently running. So I moved the other day and brought my PC to the new location. Plugged it all in and nothing. No beeps. I started to pull the ram and ran one stick and started receiving beeps. 3--8 So instead of pulling the ram and trying the other stick I stuck them both in(my bad). Obviously my system is doing the same thing, 3 beeps then 7-8 beeps, then my system shuts down and restarts the procedure. Sometimes I get just 3 beeps, nothing else. The beeps are all long. I attempted setting it up with nothing but the basics, still would not post.

I don't know why moving would hahve done this. In my opinion something was jolted lose, but I have reconnected everything multiple times. I am assuming somehow the ram died. I know Mushkin is highly recommended, so i will go that route once I am more certain; I am curious if it is not the CPU though, because I have read that the award bios checks the cpu before anything else in its attempt to post. The instant I hit my power button I start beeping.

Anyway, I hope someone has some advice for me. Thanks for your time!

Jason

ps. with that all said, my system has always felt to be kind of sluggish, could that in itself be memory related? I believe I remember reading on here that Gigabyte(or this board?) does not really like crucial memory.

Default Re: EP35-DS3R - 3Beeps Pause 7-8Beeps Help

Looking at my user's manual the only similar beep mode was continuous long beeps and refers to Graphic Card not inserted properly. Did you already checked that?
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Checked that already. Thanks for the heads up.

What speed is the memory rated at and what speed are you running it at?

Set Performance Enhance to Standard in the bios too, for starters.

Are you using a modular power supply?

Is it possible your motherboard may have moved on it's standoffs during the move and part of the board possibly fouling on something?

Are both your 20/24 pin ATX, External Graphics supply 6/8 pin PCI-e connection (if you have one) and your 4 pin 12Volt Connection secure?
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-01-2008 at 04:38 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

My system will not Post. I was running fine till I moved it 2 miles... Now I get no posting.

Memory is 800mhz. It requires 2.2v to run. When I initially setup my machine I did not need to change the volts from 1.8 to 2.2 before installing. Perhaps something changed? Who knows what... I am probably better off with some Mushkins(if it is my ram giving me problems.)

You shouldn't need to run any DDR2 at 2.2volts for it to run correctly, bar some types that have very tight timings that are out of Jedec specifications, for example 4-4-4-12 @ 1066Mhz

If it were me, I'd check the PC over, ie check the motherboard and any signs of damage.
    If everything looked ok, then if I had changed bios settings previously, I'd try and find a base point and Load up the bios defaults.

You could then go on and try say one stick of memory at a time etc..

There is no magic answer, you need to fault find..

http://www.crucial.com/store/partspe...2KIT12864AA80A ?
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-01-2008 at 05:15 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Vorlunuk: Thanks for your help. I am considering taking my MB out of the case and rebuilding everything. Start by building it on my desk out of the case and see if I can find the fault. I wish I could Post...

You're right, no magic answer. I am just curious if anyone else has had the beep patterns that I have had from the MB?

That link you supplied is right. Sorry, it's 2.0v that it needs... I thought mine needed 2.2. I have heard that Crucial has been "redoing" this ram and dropping the voltage requirements, this could be specs for the new stuff.

I forgot to mention that I have a Antec NeoPower 650w PS. It's new as of 6 months ago, everything is powering up fine(LED's, fans, drives) so I don't think it's an issue. Just those darn beeps and no POST....

There was another posts very similiar to this, where someone had knocked the PC during work that was being done on their house (as far as i remember it).

Question with yours, is:-

1) Was it the physical move that has caused the problem in some way,
    2) Was it the disconnection from the mains supply that caused the problem in some way (assuming you always normally kept the PC connected to the mains but not neccessarily in standby)
    3) Was it just a coincedence.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, please do take it all apart before you start buying new stuff. Anything could have knocked loose or got partially unplugged

Start with your board OFF the tray and out of the case on a Box or wooden table, remove all but the CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram in slot one, and your GFX card. No drives or anything else. If it works then slowly add items one at a time until you find the point of failure

I would before all that See if Clearing the CMOS will fix it. How to Clear the CMOS is posted here >>>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

If not since you moved you may also want to go ahead and reseat the CPU again to be sure it is properly and fully installed (Remove and reinstall) then move on to the above suggestion

And about Crucial voltages, Yes some of the older said 2.2 but that is ONLY the warrantied amount not what it has to have to run. Newer is labeled as 2.0, both will run fine at 2.0-2.1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information