Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE P35 DS4 Problem Please Help

Default GIGABYTE P35 DS4 Problem Please Help

I thought i would do my first build

I got a

GIGABYTE P35 DS4 with a E6850 3ghz processor
    Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro SKT 775 PWM
    Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5 2 X 2GB
    Antec P180 Computer Case + Seasonic SS-600HT PSU

Set i up and tried to turn it on i started the machine, the fans kick in for a few seconds and then stop again.

So i took it apart after a little while checked the cpu and re mounted it it worked only with 1 ram furthest from cpu

I updated the bios to f8 restarted now nothing just the loop ive tried 1 ram etc but nothing

I took the ATX_12V_2X power out and now the graphics card fan works and powerit doesnt restart but cpu fan doesnt kick in and nothing on moniter and no beeps

Ive tried to clear cmos took battry out for 10 hrs still the loop

Any help would be great

Thxs

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE P35 DS4 Problem Please Help

Can you try to clear the CMOS with the method I posted here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

I hope you did not use @BIOS

And can you please try the board out of the case, off the tray on a wooden table or a cardboard box. Do this with the minimal parts installed CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram (Preferably in slot one) and your GFX card only. NO drives or anything else. This will rule out a short and or other bad hardware possibly causing your system to not boot

Do you have any older/other DDR2 ram you can test to be sure if maybe you dont have some bad slots on your board?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-01-2008 at 06:22 PM.

It would seen that we have about the same problem (and RAM setup)
    I only get my EP35-DS4 to work with 1 of 2 Corsair 2GB RAM active. I'll let you know if I find anything.

DrJones

Cheers for quick reply

Yeah ive tried it on cardboard with just graphics card keyboard and cheap infinity ram and still no go

I did do the BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide" then it got the restart loop now i cannot get anything nothing on moniter or anything

when i remove the ATX_12V_2X power the cpu fan doesnt spin but the graphics card does and it doesnt restart but still nothing on moniter

Removing the CPU power plug is not going to get you anywhere. Please leave that plugged in.

You didn't use @BIOS did you?

Are you sure you flashed your board with the proper BIOS for your model and revision?

And did you try to clear the CMOS as I mentioned there? If so try again unplug the PSU from the wall and remove the battery and press in and hold the case power switch for about 1 minute to drain all remaining Power from the system, place a jumper on the Clear CMOS switch and let the system sit for about 20 minutes. Then remove the jumper and place the battery back in and plug in the PSU and try to start the system.

If you get it going and get into the BIOS please leave in one stick of ram only until I can get you some settings. Please provide a link to you ram if you get going and I will help you with settings, 2x2GB needs some manual adjustments

Thxs are give it a go

No i didn't use @BIOS i used Qflash on a usb stick yes i downloaded from gigabyte site

Right tried that still no go

Went out and bought a Asus P5W Dh Deluxe board and guess what it wouldnt boot either

So i reakon it could be faulty
    ram?????
    psu?????
    cpu?????

Im running out of money to fix this
    Last edited by bornnslippy; 11-02-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that man!

Can you borrow some other ram to test with (Or do you have some older DDR2 any will do), or test this ram at a friends?

That is what I would look into first. Then if you do have a buddy, you could always have him test your CPU on his board. Ram DOA happens far more often then a CPU being DOA, but CPU DOA happens as well

PSU could be DOA, but I would suspect that last as Seasonic makes Great PSU's and I have not heard of a DOA PSU. But like with anything, quality testing is only as good as the people who get paid to do it. DOA can happen with anything, but I would suspect ram first.

Ok thxs

No i guess i will have to buy new ram to try

Good luck with this!

No friends house you can go over and test things at? That would help alot quicker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information