Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd RMA Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

Default 4th RMA Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

update 12-10-08

OK they told me they would send a NEW NEW NEW MB they sent me an open box nothing but a MB and the HEATSINk is missing from under the cpu , I sent it with it attached when I shipped my board to them and they said they would give me a brand NEW MB this is the 4TH RMA this is costing me alot of money and time on this WTF is with them

THIS IS NOW ON IT'S 3RD RMA UPDATE! 11/22/08

just put in for another RMA, I bought this board from newegg and has nothing but been a problem from the time I got to install it, it had turbo,bios,problems the first time, now i'ts having finding the HD, it formats it then when you install drivers the HD isn't their anymore, the fans and turbo go crazy, anyone else here had these problems with this board, today I put in my second RMA for this board and asked if they could just give me another model in exchange for it,

Thanks for listening
    Last edited by justabrake; 12-11-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: up dating

Default Re: 2nd RMA Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

Your post makes it really hard to belive that the fault lays with the motherboard.

and why is that!, they > gigabyte, fixed it the first time and some of the same problems are back, so why can't you believe it can't be the MB, gigabyte took the responcibility fixed it and sent it back and worked fine for 1-1/2 -2 months and now has some of the same problems as before, my son plays some game over the internet (steam engine) cove opt game I think, anyway between that and running fix errors and scan the HD in my computers after a long workout and stress this happens, I can't recover and set anything back, when I start up the computer it makes all noises the turbo kicks on and off at all points the bios acts up, I could format a HD and then you boot to windows and works fine for a few minutes and then theirs no HD windows can't find it in set-up and I tried 2 HD's just to make sure,

OK; so where does the fault lie? IMO > it stres'es out.

Quote Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
    Your post makes it really hard to belive that the fault lays with the motherboard.

The turbo? cars have turbo...

Random instability under heavy load while playing could just aswell be the PSU, the video card or the memory

randomly disapeering hard drives can also be the PSU or memory (the former more likely).

Have you tried the video card and memory in another computer?
    Try with a diffrent PSU aswell.

Its not impossible that you have faulty mother board but there is a big chance that something diffrent is to blame and then you only waste money sending your mother board back and forth to Gigabyte. Gigabyte tests the board, find no problems and then say they have fixed the problem and send it back to you.

No! I havn't tried anything in another computer, I don't have another desktop in the house, I did send Gigabyte the componants and details of them that are in this computer,

when I got the MB back from them and put it all together with the same formatted drive it booted right up without any problems,that said when I first got the MB NEW I installed the OS and all updates and a bunch of software without problems, I only notice problems under stress with the steam engine and the same with running check drive for errors and so on under TOOLs in windows, thats when under restart the computer takes a dump and the fans go slow and speed up and goes into crazy up and downs in speeds I go into the bios and sometme I find the HD under IDE,I go to start up the computer and it goes to the windows screen and I get a fast blue screen of death and it restarts, the computer just gets really eratic,

I've had a notebook that I added one stick of the wrong ram to and that wouldn't even let me format but when I removed it it didn't give me problems afterward,

everything is new in this computer and I can't eliminate the PSU as you said but should that do damage to the MB if not working correctly or should it just shut it down?

OH by the way it makes the video card go crazy also when it's all not running correctly otherwise the vid works good when all working

Quote Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
    The turbo? cars have turbo...

Random instability under heavy load while playing could just aswell be the PSU, the video card or the memory

randomly disapeering hard drives can also be the PSU or memory (the former more likely).

Have you tried the video card and memory in another computer?
    Try with a diffrent PSU aswell.

Its not impossible that you have faulty mother board but there is a big chance that something diffrent is to blame and then you only waste money sending your mother board back and forth to Gigabyte. Gigabyte tests the board, find no problems and then say they have fixed the problem and send it back to you.
    Last edited by justabrake; 11-02-2008 at 07:05 AM.

the only thing that might not be to compatiable would be the memory

patriot pc2-9200 1150 MHz 5-5-5-12 2.3v

but even if it wasn't I don't think it would do any harm to a MB!

wouldn't that be correct to say ? or not

The PSU will often just shut down if it cant deliver enough power.
    This should only be an issue if you bought a cheep low quality PSU
    It can damage the motherboard but thats pretty rare.

The board uses a lower CPU clock when its in idle and speeds up under load. I guess thats what you meen when you say turbo. Thats perfecly normal and can be disabled in the bios.

I hope you have set the correct values and voltage for your memory?

I have the antec HE 550 PSU

and for the memory NO & NO

What are you using to monitor temperatures? Do you have good cooling in your case? Sounds like you might have a heat issue.
    GA-EP45-DQ6, Q6700 @ 3.33ghz, 8GB G.Skill DDR2 PC 8800, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, Gigabyte Poseyden case, Geforce 7300GS, WD 1TB Caviar Black, SG 250 Barracuda, Raid 5 with 3 SG 250 Barracudas on ICH10R, Raid0 with 2 WD 640 Caviar Black on 3Ware 9650SE 4LPML, LG Bluray DVD R/RW, Corsair HX620W

I have a big zalman orb type heatsink and three case fans 2 -80's and 1 -120's

and the video card is the Radeon 4870 512

1 rom sata

1 dvd burner sata

and a quad cpu forgot what speed got it > Q9450
    and 1 sata HD
    Last edited by justabrake; 11-02-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information