Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gigabyte EP45-DS4P DPC Latency issue

Default Re: Gigabyte EP45-DS4P DPC Latency issue

Quote Originally Posted by pudlglum View Post
    On my GA-EP45-UD3R mobo, the Gigabyte EnergySaver (GEST or GSvr.exe) service was the DPC culprit. Using "DPC Latency Checker V1.1.0", with GSvr.exe running, the system DPC latency was around 500Ás, and my Plextor PX-760A DVD burner failed to write. When I disabled GSvr.exe, the DPC latency dropped to around 5Ás, and my DVD burner worked properly.
    Lucky you!

With a "clean" install on my EP45-UD3P, DPC latency can typically be 5-20us if I just let it sit idling at the desktop. However, actually dare to run some software, even just Windows Explorer, and a minimum of one large (4000us up) DPC latency spike will show. Maybe more interesting is the fact that just clicking on the DPC Latency checker will also generate similar large latency spike(s).

I have never experienced the likes of this ever before. Where currently, all the hardware/software that the EP45-UD3P doesn't appear to like has no problems running on a 4coredual or P5N-E motherboard.

The main reason I upgraded to the EP45 was to achieve better data manipulation efficiency by using a overclocked Quad. Neither of my other mobos are any good for serious overclocking of quads.

And although this mobo has proven to be a great overclocker, the current dpc problems mean I can't use it for any serious work?
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know...

:)

I did something stupid. My board P35-DS4 died suddenly and i decided to buy new motherboard with same socket, you guess what did i buy?

Fist you should see what i was suffering from P35-DS4 i posted this picture 5 months ago

And now with brand new board, its a fresh windows vista installation, with and without updates, disabled sound card and energy saver things on the bios and with and without bios update, never install the energy saver software. Tried 4 different display cards, with update, without update. Tried different brand mouse keyboard. I had so many windows installation because our moderator always wants us to concentrate on other things... not the board. So i tried Microsoft wireless keyboard then i thought maybe the wireless the problem huh? I FRESH INSTALL THE WINDOWS VISTA AGAIN try cheap A4tech usb keyboard.... I almost hear mod says "hey..! that is the problem, change that keyboard too. Make sure install windows fresh again.

I don't know in total how many hours i have wasted because our moderator here thinks board actually fine. He says consider other elements in the system :))

This is better then P35-DS4..... here is the EP45-UD3R

I will burn this board

EP45-UD3R

EP45-UD3R
    GA-P35-DS4 Rev2.0
    A-data 4GB ram
    Edirol UA25EX sound
    M Audio FW1814
    200GB sata seagate
    400GB sata seagate
    750GB sata seagate
    1TB seagate ext.
    Pioneer sata DVDRW
    Leica Ext USB DVDRW
    Antec P82 with 900W
    Nec USB chipset USB hub
    Microsoft Wireless mouse keyboard

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Latest BIOS should correct this issue? When you flashed to it, did you disable "Keep DMI Data" and then load/apply optimized defaults then reboot back to then BIOS before making other changes?

External USB Drive disconnected during testing?

I own both the EP45-DS4P and EP45-UD3P v1.6.

The last BIOS update for the EP45-DS4P was Beta F9 (From April 2009 - a very long beta test ). The previous version is F8 from September 2008.

Compared to the EP45-UD3P (and other EP45 cousins), there has been very little work done on the EP45-DS4P BIOS.

I'm checking out both systems using the DPC Latency Checker and do see 8000us spikes on the UD4P that I can not replicate on the UD3P with the same identical minimal hardware and configuration with Windows 7 x64. I'm still looking into that.

For those who have reported DPC < 40us are using 32bit Windows? Which version?
    With Windows 7 x64 I can't get below 65us on either system.

If you are using 32bit Windows there is also the Microsoft RATTv3 tool which reports on what drivers are generating the latency via a log file.

See: http://forum.****os.com/showthread.p...ghlight=rattv3

Unfortunately doesn't work on x64.
    Last edited by Zignal; 07-24-2010 at 08:05 PM.

havnt had time to read through every post but im assuming youve un-installed easytune?? as thats a big cause of latency too,makesure you direct your pc front panel audio wire well away from the gpu aswell,try to route it up near to the cpu heatsink so its not sagging near the gpu,and try to route as much wiring and cables behind the mb tray as possible to shield it

screens taken from my board with easytune on and off,you might not have to un-install easytune just turn it off,everyboard is different though
    Last edited by wazza300; 07-24-2010 at 10:12 PM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, a few posts have mentioned uninstalling eztune and the gigabyte power software can help where others haven't installed it and see the issue.

To confirm, I haven't installed it and these are fresh installs of Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    I'm going through the installs again to verify everything is identical as possible.
    Last edited by Zignal; 07-24-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

There is F9b for UD4P here, is that the one you meant?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...41/index2.html

Any tests I showed results of on this thread were taken in Vista x64

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information