Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte EP45-DS4P DPC Latency issue

Default Gigabyte EP45-DS4P DPC Latency issue

Hi,

I am having problems with audio on the machine. After some research, I figured that DPC latency was the main problem. Using DPC Latency Checker V1.1.0 by Thesycon GmbH, I saw that DPC latency bars are red or yellow more than half the time. It can go up to as high as 10000+ us.

I have tried on both Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista, using the F8 BIOS and the latest drivers on the Gigabyte website, but there are still audio problems - crackles, distortions, sometimes the sound just disappears and I have to restart the audio interface.

I understand that DPC latency issues can also be caused by other hardware, so I tried to test the system using only:
    1) CPU
    2) Motherboard
    3) RAM
    4) HDD
    5) Graphics card
    The problem remains. Could it be a graphics card problem? I don't have a spare to test, so I hope to gain some insight before I make any purchase.

Here are my computer specs:
    Gigabyte EP45-DS4P with Intel Q9550 (C1)
    2x2GB Corsair XMS2 C4DHX
    WD 640GB WD6400AAKS
    Palit 9600GT 512MB

Default Re: Gigabyte EP45-DS4P DPC Latency issue

I'm sure I've seen a beta bios for one of the P45 boards that addresses the latency issue.

There was a site (that's in German) that gives additional bios info that LSDme (forum mod) linked to on here.
    Now it may have been for a different P45 board than yours, but seeing that it was being addressed (or I thought I read it was) then a new bios release for other P45 boards could be on the cards.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

P45's are not affected like P35 were, so you would not have saw a BIOS update about this.

Do you have all the latest drivers direct from the manufacturer?

It is something either in your hardware or Drivers or software.

See, here is my EP45-DS4P Scan so you can see it is not a BIOS issue or a Board issue >>>

Not sure how you can narrow it down other then a clean install and install things only one at a time testing as you go. Could be any number of things or a combination of them as well. Such as DES installed? Overclock unstable? And as said above, drivers, software and hardware can also all cause this issue.

Here is the P35 page for this, and linked is several things that may cause it >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...tml#post264733

Also please see this reply for a Gigabyte Direct Quote (About P35 issues, so you can know P45 does not have the issue in itself) >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...tml#post261907

What was the site you linked to on another Thread Lsdme? , that gave info on bios versions, albeit in german.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Hi Lsdmeasap,

Thanks for the response!
    I see that your Chipset is Rev. A3, whereas my Chipset is Rev. A2. Could that be an issue?

Also, have there been cases of incompatible graphics card?

Na, chipset revision only means mine is newer is all. It does not affect DPC.

Incompatible cards? Hmmm, not that I have heard of. What card are you trying to use that won't work? And why do you think it is possibly incompatible?

I tried the system with only CPU + mainboard + RAM + HDD + VGA, as well as disabling onboard sound and network. But the problem is still there.

I tried both Vista 64 and XP SP3, but the problem exists on both. So naturally, I suspected the graphics card. I am using a Palit 9600GT with 178.24 drivers.
    I don't have another PCI-E graphics card to test.

Was that a clean install during both tests to rule our software and or drivers?

Latency is worst at CPU idle.
    Try the following, start DPCLAT and in sequence run Prime95 at any stress test.
    You will see the latency going to normal levels. And just to be sure, start and stop Prime95 CPU crunch another couple of time and the latency yellow and red bar will follow the CPU activity.

The good thing is, lets say, under normal DVD or Blu-ray projection the CPU will not be at idle and so the audio latency will be quite good to enjoy the movie.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information