Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EP45-DS3R and an E8400

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-DS3R and an E8400

I use TX-2

But yeah that AS5 will get a few C cooler as a week or two goes by if you turn your PC on and off often

Hi, I didn't want to make a new thread, so I'm just posting in this old one, because it regards this overclock. Well, for the past few months that I've been using this OC, everything was fine. But recently, I noticed some oddities. I get random Blue screens of death, even though the overclock passes Intel Burn Test on countless tests, and on boot up, my system lights/fans all turn on, shut off, then start up again and then boots into whatever operating system I choose. Neither of these occurred previously, and I'm sure it's not normal, so I was wondering if I could get any help on resolving it? Thank you again for your time!

Well BSOD is not always Overclock or setting related. Many drivers or programs could cause it for sure.

What is the 0x000000 error Number on the blue screen? If you cannot catch it, please go into control panel, system, advanced settings, then click the startup and recovery button and in the system failure section Uncheck "Automatically Restart". Then the next BSOD you have the system will remain on the Blue Screen until you restart the PC. This way you can get the error and error #

Did you install new drivers or programs lately or is everything the same? Memtest'd your ram lately? Ran those mentioned stability tests lately as well? Just wondering and trying to gather info

I memtest my memory once a month, the error number...was close/something like that, but I'm not sure. I'm back down to stock settings right now. I'll bump it back up, see if it still occurs. Thanks for the advice. Also, I haven't installed anything new other than like, foobar, but it seems to be fine on stock.

Okay, so on the 3.8GHz OC, I still get the same problem, and the error code was 0x000050 or something, with the second to last number being 5. I tried it on a 4.0GHz OC for the hell of it. Same results.

I also get this once I reboot into the OS. Some more info on the BSOD.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 50
    BCP1: FFFFFA5FBFFE1168
    BCP2: 0000000000000001
    BCP3: FFFFF960000E542E
    BCP4: 0000000000000005
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

I need you to do the above suggested method so you can see the actual BSOD Screen and give me the correct and full name of the error and the error #. The info you have provided is not what I wanted to see.

What settings are you using anyway, are you sure you do not have your ram to tight or not enough CPU Voltage?

I've actually got my CPU running supposedly stable. It's at 4.0 GHz with the Vcore at 1.41 ish, but 1.36 in CPUZ.

Well if it is stable then you are good to go as long as load temps are ok

Some CPU's need way more then others, some way less

Well, I'm back again. It turns out that mine is unstable. After about 5 straight hours of computing I get BSOD. Since I'm guessing that my computer shutting off and starting has to do with voltages and cannot be helped, I was wondering what a stable set up would be if I'm going for 4.0 GHz. I've basically used what you gave to me on the first page, with tweaks in the FSB and voltage only. FSB is at 450 and Voltage is at 1.41. I'm guessing my timings are off, but I can't tell what the problem is :[

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information