Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EP35-DS3 Problem?

Default Re: EP35-DS3 Problem?

I saw the post too. Tried all the suggestions but no luck >.<
    This is starting to point towards faulty hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by lswon9 View Post
    I saw the post too. Tried all the suggestions but no luck >.<
    This is starting to point towards faulty hardware.
    What PSU do you use and do you power your 8800GT via a direct 6 pin PCI-e power connector from the PSU or a 6 PIN PCI-e Connector that is derived from two (split) 4 pin molex connectors (ie the type often supplied with the graphics card)
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

I also came across the post. I have tried all the suggestions but no luck >.<
    PSU is not the problem here as I have tried my friends PSU as well, and its a CoolerMaster 650W

Have you tried just loading up the bios optimised defaults, saving, rebooting then setting the graphics card "INIT Display first" to PEG in the bios?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What I MOST often see fix this is a RMA on the card. It is a design flaw in some card's PCB versions.

And as said above, yes sometimes PCIE set to 101-110 will work, sometimes adding PCIE Voltage will help, sometimes using the card in the second slot may also fix it.

Since you have ruled out a PSU issue, I would almost bet once you test the card elsewhere you will see the same result and you will need to RMA the card

Thanks for all the help.

I just tried setting the BIOS to optimal setting, and Initial Display Setting to PEG but this does not work.

Upping PCIE overvoltage to 0.2V does not work either.

I am hoping it is the card that is faulty, not the motherboard. It will be challenging to RMA the card though, as the retailer probably does not sell it in store anymore. I will test the card sometime next week and post the results here.

Cheers.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I bet you it is the card. try to test it at a friends house soon and then you can get you a RMA or refund going before you run out of time

I have the same problem, and i had the same problem using an evga 8800 gts (g92).
    My monitor slowly blinks it's way on during 1 bootup of the day, but mostly fine after that. I can turn off the pc, and turn it back on later, and most of the time it will display right away, sometimes very slowly. I can oc the card, ran benchies, whith my gtx, i got 16,789 in '06, with sm2 @ 7844 and sm3 @ 8212, which shows no sign of slowdown because of the 1.1 interface. And i oc'ed the card to 700c/1475sh/1127mem-(2254 effective).

I know the difference between 1.1 and 2.0 is just voltage and bandwidth are doubled with 2.0. 75watts and 2.5gb's for 1.1 and 150w and 5gb's for 2.0. I know my card doesn't come close to saturating the bus as only 4870X2 are "rumoured" to come close.

I am tending to think that the 75 watts isn't enough to properly power my card on, but i can't find any other people having this problem with 2.0 vcards and this mobo. I probably have a defective slot. And it's too late to rma.

So I have tried all of the above, along with raising pci-e v to 0.3, except running the bus over 100, which the above poster didn't mention whether or not he tried it, I would like to know before i go messing with it and screw up my gtx. I really wish i got a p45 board.
    It was just a few bucks more, but i read the newegg reviews and nobody posted this dam problem. And i am on a very tight budget after dumping my problematic mid-end amd set-up. I was having sli and usb problems with the crappy nvidea 590 chipset.

1/2 the time it would reckognise my usb mouse, and i couldn't put even a very slight oc on the vcards, or it would lock up or blue screen. If anybody that has this video problem and would post if raising the pci-e speed on the bus helped, please let me know. I'm getting worried this is going to damage my vcard.
    Last edited by jazluvr; 11-06-2008 at 02:08 AM.
    Intel e8400 (back from rma)
    Xigmatech s1283 Hs with bolt-on bracket + mx-2,
    gigabyte ep35-DS3L mobo
    (mx-2 on chipsets and cpu) bios f6a (factory flashed)
    evercool on northbridge,
    evga gtx260-(216)
    2X1gb Mushkin XP2-6400 4-4-4-13/2T 2.0v
    Lite-on dvd +rw -r/Asus cd
    Cm Stacker 830 evo (black)
    24" sammy 2443bwx
    OCZ eliteXstream 800w
    Audigy2 plat/5.1 logitech z5300e
    74gb Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by jazluvr View Post
    I have the same problem, and i had the same probelm using an evga 8800 gts (g92).
    My monitor slowly blinks it's way on during 1 bootup of the day, but mostly fine after that. i can oc the card, ran benchies, whith my gtx, i got 16,789 in '06, with sm2 @ 7844 and sm3 @ 8212, which shows no sign of slowdown because of the 1.1 interface. And i oc'ed the card to 700c/1475sh/1127mem-(2254 effective).

I know the difference between 1.1 and 2.0 is just voltage and bandwidth are doubled with 2.0. 75watts and 2.5gb's for 1.1 and 150w and 5gb's for 2.0. I know my card doesn't come close to saturating the bus as only 4870X2 are "rumoured" to come close.

So I have tried all of the above, except running the bus @ 101, which the above poster didn't mention whether or not he tried it, I would like to know before i go messing with it and screw up my gtx. I really wish i got a p45 board.
    It was just a few bucks more, but i read the newegg reviews and nobody posted this dam problem. And i am on a very tight budget after dumping my problematic mid-end amd set-up. I was having sli and usb problems with the crappy nvidea 590 chipset.

1/2 the time it would reckognise my usb mouse, and i couldn't put even a very slight oc on the vcards, or it would lock up or blue screen. If anybody that has this video problem and would post if raising the pci-e speed on the bus helped, please let me know. I'm getting worried this is going to damage my vcard.
    So as per the original poster, you are saying you have had a 8800GTS (g92) and now have a GTX260 and both these cards run at X1 in your motherboard (ep35-DS3L)?

Edit:
    To Original poster:-
    A long shot, but have you tried updating the Intel chipset "driver"
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-06-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Ok, let me explain in detail. I had an sli set-up with 2 evga 8800gts 512 (g92) cards on an asus 590 nvidea chipset board, m2n32 sli deluxe.

I bought this gigabyte board at the same time i was using evga's "step-up" program to trade one of my g92's for the gtx 260 (216), as i didn't want to do sli any more, and found this board nice and cheap. A friend highly recommended it.

so i bought it and did a fresh install on winxp-sp3 (32bit), installed latest lan and chipset drivers from giga's website. All updates, bios f5,-(blinking monitor problem happened at 1st boot, before i even flashed bios to f5), new drivers, the whole shabang. I don't know what you mean by my card will only run @ X1?? In my post i explain it runs fine, after waiting for 2-3 minutes for my monitor to display, slowly blinking to life.

It mostly does this at 1st bootup of the day. Most of the time i can shut down the pc and start it up a few hours later and the monitor will come on instantly, like it's supposed too, but once in a while it will repeat the problem again.

I have said i can run great benchies, oc my card, showed you the sm result of '06, so i don't understand what X1 is? Isn't that the little 1" slots for add-on cards? (nothing to do with video). I appreciate your past help and your attention to this post, but i don't even understand why you ask if my card is running @X1, (i don't know how fast that is), but my card seems to be performing normally after the monitor issue.

I am playing far cry right now with everything on very high except water is on high, no aa-af, trillinear filtering, and it runs faster than my 2 g92's in sli, acoording to fraps, my framerates never dip below 200fps. Even in intense battle scenes. I am 1/2 way finished with it and have far cry 2 ready to install.

I am worried that the pci-e slot is not giving my 2.0 card enough juice through the slot to power up my card properly, possibly causing damage to my card. I have increased pci-e voltage to 0.3, and the problem persists. I am unfamiliar with raising the speed on the pci-e bus beyond the suggested 100, in addition to the 0.3v i have already given it.

The op is the only one i found with my problem exactly, and i wanted to know if he tried setting the pci-e speed beyond 100, as was suggested to him before i tried it. I Just wanted to know if it worked for him, but we haven't heard back from him yet.

I hope i made things more clear, and again, thank you for your attention. This reminds me of asus. They have really sucky support and dl's page is patheticly slow, but they have an asus members forum, just like this forum for gigabyte users. Anyone that has an asus board can just google it and you will find them. Very good site, like this.

And yes, i have both pci-e power connector to the card. They are specifically for pci-e and says so on the cord itslef. I have 4, but only need 2 for the card. My psu has 62 amps on a single 12v rail. After ocz bought pc power and cooling, they modeled the new eliteXstream series, (800 & 100w) after pc p+c's design, which is very good. I only have one hard drive, 2 optical drives, a floppy and a few fans.

I am intelburntest stable for 10 passes, and an hour of occt. Temps don't exceed 60c, mostly @ 56. Around 3 hours of memtest86 bootable cd also.
    --------------
    Edit;
    I saw the link about the x1 problem, and i don't have that. In cpu-z under the mainboard tab, everything shows the bus @ X16, even in the main page. and i read in that article raising the bus speed won't help. It doesn't mention my card. Also i re-read Iswon9's post, and he did try raising the bus speed and it didn't help.
    Last edited by jazluvr; 11-10-2008 at 06:59 AM.
    Intel e8400 (back from rma)
    Xigmatech s1283 Hs with bolt-on bracket + mx-2,
    gigabyte ep35-DS3L mobo
    (mx-2 on chipsets and cpu) bios f6a (factory flashed)
    evercool on northbridge,
    evga gtx260-(216)
    2X1gb Mushkin XP2-6400 4-4-4-13/2T 2.0v
    Lite-on dvd +rw -r/Asus cd
    Cm Stacker 830 evo (black)
    24" sammy 2443bwx
    OCZ eliteXstream 800w
    Audigy2 plat/5.1 logitech z5300e
    74gb Raptor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information