Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweaking 48xt dq6

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Tweaking 48xt dq6

Most anything is "Safe" as long as your temps are good and you are not using crazy voltages

Ya, you can probably do 3.6 with that cooler

Your CPU will outlast your desire to keep it as you will want a new one long before it is dead, unless you push some crazy vtt/pll voltage into it

hum, well

i ajusted the bios as you adviced and tried the following

idle temps :
    core 0 : 33 (coretemp) 39 (occt)
    core 1 : 35 (coretemp) 40 (occt)
    core 2 : 33 (coretemp) 38 (occt)
    core 3 : 35 (coretemp) 40 (occt)

raised ram voltage to 1.9 v (ram specs), raised fsb to 350 (instead of 333)

runned occt tes for 30 min no problem encountered :

100% cpu :
    core 0 : 47 (coretemp) 52 (occt)
    core 1 : 45 (coretemp) 50 (occt)
    core 2 : 48 (coretemp) 53 (occt)
    core 3 : 40 (coretemp) 45 (occt)

Made a 10 min orthos test no problems at all. so i guess the system is stable.....

I the tried a 5% more oc to 366 and the pc freezed 2 min after occt test started^^

just another thing :

is there an explanation concerning the 5 difference measured by coretemp/occt ?

I used easy tune pro 5 to make the oc this avoided me to reboot for each test, is it ok ? As i am writing i am testing to raise to 360 Mhz and system seems fine (occt as been running for 10 mins now)

well the 360Mzh test went right for 40 minutes no problem. I then decided to test memory with the windows mem test loading multiple memtest to test the whole thing. I had a blue sreen after 15 mins.

I then decided to get back from the beginning and testing memory at 1.5 + 0.1v at 333Mhz (1333 ram 3Ghz cpu) with 7-7-7-20 timings. All went right up to 100% for the 3 tests.

This is the ram i have :

OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum Edition

it says 1.9v (but seems to be unstable at that voltage while alright at 1.6v). The anounced timing are 7-7-7-24. I tried to force to 7-7-7-24 then and system was unstable. back to 7-7-7-20 with 1.6v and everything went right again. No memory errors, memtest completes.
    Even at 360Mhz the temperature where right not going further than 49 under coretemp, occt runs fine, orthos also but memtest generated a bleu screen and memory dump.
    Seems strange...
    I'll make a break and test 350 Mhz FSB with memory at 1.6v again with full memtest to see if it works fine.

i investigated a bit about the strange thing i had concerning memory.

My part number is : OCZ3P16002G wich well feet the ocz pc12800 1600Mhz Platinum. Cpu-z sees it. so i should normally be rock stable at 1.9v.

i went back to bios and forced 7-7-7-24 timing with the +0.4v to reach the 1.9v. then i went back to Auto for the ram configuration (act to act through static tread Phase adjust. Then back to windows and tested back mem test without any overclocking and it completes successfully with 0 errors after 40 minutes of test.

In fact i guess that since i was at 667 Mhz the mobo by default adjusted the specs to fit the ones of the pc10666 of ocz memory but i'm not sure about this.

I'll carry on oc tommorow it will give me time to think about it^^

OCCT is likely using the wrong tjmax value is why? Check them both and see if they match up I think OCCT may be wrong, especially if you are using the beta or old version.

Should be set to 100

More voltage is needed for your 366 attempt it sounds like

Memtest blue screen? Memtest is ran from DOS, what are you using as memtest? You should use this >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You lost me on your 667 comment, but Ya you would need to change that for sure to your ram speed

1.6-1.8 may be best, the 1.9 is just the warrantied amount. And 777-24 should work if 777-20 works as 24 is looser, but oh well what you have is better anyway

Yeah you can use EasyTune and Memset to test things, just do not save them to be used at startup. Do all your real settings in the BIOS of course

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    OCCT is likely using the wrong tjmax value is why? Check them both and see if they match up I think OCCT may be wrong, especially if you are using the beta or old version.

Should be set to 100

More voltage is needed for your 366 attempt it sounds like

Memtest blue screen? Memtest is ran from DOS, what are you using as memtest? You should use this >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You lost me on your 667 comment, but Ya you would need to change that for sure to your ram speed

1.6-1.8 may be best, the 1.9 is just the warrantied amount. And 777-24 should work if 777-20 works as 24 is looser, but oh well what you have is better anyway

Yeah you can use EasyTune and Memset to test things, just do not save them to be used at startup. Do all your real settings in the BIOS of course
    I investigated yesterday because since the proc had a good temperature (35), the case sensor showed a 35 wich it thought it was much to high. I discovered one of the problems The fan of the GPU was only running at 27% and the gpu idle temperature was around 70 !!!!!!!!!! So i downloaded the latest catalyst and changed the gpu fan speed to 60% (no noise !) and the case temperature dropped to 22 !!!!!!!! I guess it was too hot for the memory wich was close to the graphic card (the hd4870 is pretty long) ! I'll then try back several tweaks this evening and during the four comming days since i'm not working.

Nice find! Glad to see you found and fixed that!

Good luck with your further testing and tweaking

I didn't post the last 4 days because i'm having instability problems with my pc. So in momentarily stop tweaking. In fact i keep having 1 or 2 bleu screens with memory dumps and auto reboot even when the pc is doing nothing.
    I left mem test running a full night with no errors, so the mem should be ok. For example, i played a full day on fallout3 and 2 blue screens (the game is certified vista 64bit), once it happened when i was on the internet, and once when the pc was doing nothing.
    I'm also having an error message that is reduurent about tvicport.sys. Normally its a library that manages non 64 bit applications. I'll see if it has to do with a raptor disk i plugged in (never had bleu screens before the disk plugged).
    Any way i need to find where is the problem before tweaking anything.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information