Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tweaking 48xt dq6

Default Re: Tweaking 48xt dq6

i use norton ghost 12 AND akronis 2009 (with the shadow bootable partition wich is on a spare ide disk drive).

The 2 work around i have is that the gbraid bios doesn't show on startup, and when i created the shadow partition from acronis he didn't want to crete in on my gb raid 0 drives because as it says "those disk are not seen at startup and can't be bootable". I then tried on an old ide drive wich was seen at startup and the shadow partition was fully created.
    Therefore the 2nd work around is that i can't boot with the gbraid but i don't care for my purpose. I flashed to F6a and had the same problem so i don't think it was a bios problem. Anyway as long as i can mantain the raid 5 on my ich9r and the raid 0 on the gbraid i'm happy.

I manage raid controllers in hp and dell servers in scsi or sas with dedicated card. Those on-board chips for end user are not as complete as the one i know and the functions are really basic. Before going on the configuration i made i hesitated to go for a full scsi raid environment but finally tried the x48t dq6 and the 2 chips.
    I heard many things about the performance of sata disk and this chip but honestly i see a huge difference from what i know between a scsi raid environment with a dedicated card and sata raid included on board chipset. There were many improvement on these during the last years but it's not not at the scsi level.
    Last edited by jeffster; 12-05-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks, just wondering as my favorite ghost 2003 1.44MB Floppy for sure does not work on RAID/SATA

You can boot from the GRAID, you just have to move that array to the top of the boot priority... Unless yo do not have a Bootable system on it? Heck, not even sure if you were saying that is a issue for you or just a issue with ghost or acronis?

Ya, REAL RAID Card and controllers are MUCH Better for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You can boot from the GRAID, you just have to move that array to the top of the boot priority... Unless yo do not have a Bootable system on it? Heck, not even sure if you were saying that is a issue for you or just a issue with ghost or acronis?
    No i can't that's what i was trying to explain. In the boot priority i can't see the gbraid volume wich is created. The only way for me to see it is to disable the raid 5 array on the ich9r. That way i can have acces to the gbraid bios (and i see the raid 0) i created via the gbraid manager. In fact it's impossible for me to have acces to ich9r and gbraid controller together at boot time. When both raid controllers are activated the only one taken in consideration during the boot period is the ich9r.
    This is why i say i can't really make a test.

In fact it's only aan issuefor acronis who can'tcreate the shadow partition because of the problem related before, but not really for me.
    Last edited by jeffster; 12-05-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Hmm, Did you enable the GRAID and reboot back to the BIOS and then try to see if it is a selection? Just thinking that because I know I saw strange things like that on my P35 if I did not reboot after enabling RAID's before trying to change boot order. Like the array would be there, but not visible just a blank entry with no letters, and I could move it around

It very well could be a BIOS issue, I would write Tech Support and ask them why you cannot have both enabled and see what they say >>>
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx

ok i'll do that thank for the link !

I had a bsod just this morning while i saw errors about a nero9 in the event viewer. I uninstalled it just to see and i'm actually re running ameme test running for 4 hours and not a single error so memory tested again with no errors. I'll watch if there is another bsod (i had none since i raised the voltage of ram 2 or 3 weeks ago).
    i know my ram is ok : passed a 12h test without any problem and another 4hour test this morning with 0 errors.
    I ran orthos/super pi/occt/Hdtune/hd tach/ATTO multiple times with no error reported. I ran also lost planet/farcry2 full benchmark for hours without any issue.
    My coolers are right : after 2hours of the dual orthos/prime wich made with 100%core loaded the temperatur of my proc never went more than 51.
    My graphic card's temperature at the end of both farcry/lost planet full test (4 hours tests) was no more than 67 wich seems ok since the rads are running 50%.
    To be honnest all the tet i made concerning ram/proc/grpahic card/ich9r/Gbraid/ata drive did all complete successfully. So i have a doubt on a hardware failure. On my side i think it might be a hardware conflict beetween certain elements OR maybe a jumper to activate or something. But i will try to contat gigabyte on this dual raid activation bios problem.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information