Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P and 8 gig Corsair dominator 4x2gig 8500C5DF

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P and 8 gig Corsair dominator 4x2gig 8500C5DF

no .. the option for back up bios is gone in F5 ....

right now my
    Vcore is 1.45625 (in window1.41 idle...1.36 load <<--- what max can i go here ???
    Mch = 1.42 <<---- what max can i go here ???
    vtt = 1.36

seem stable .... even with all this hight voltage ... my max load on OCCT only 55-57 that is on CPU test ( and this is about the same to my old chip with 1.38 vcore) ... i figure nothing wrong ... because my temp is so so low ... the idle is 33-36 and that is about 6 degree higher than old chip.

i just had to exchange because the stuck sensor on fulload too.

some thing i just wonder ... with all my 3 chip .. my voltage all way seem much higher than every one else .... could this be from the board ??
    Last edited by godto; 11-17-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah, because like I said it is not necessary to choose which it uses. You do mean the HPA or Backup Chip option right? It does not matter, it would check both anyway

Max Vcore would be 1.36x per Intel. I would say keep it under 1.4-1.42ish for 24/7 use. I have used 1.54 Actual thru mine for benching, but that is it

MCH per intel is 1.21 max, I would say keep that under 1.3-1.4

Vtt per intel is 1.45 keep under 1.4 1.45 MAX for 24/7 use. 1.4-1.45 has been known to kill 45Nm CPU's >>>
    AnandTech

and 1.38 should get you 500+ FSB

As for your high voltage thoughts compared to your old one?? Lemme see your settings, often a incorrect setting will make one think higher voltage are the only option as they appear to be all that works.

i think i figure out the problem .... i need to have Load Line Calibration Enable ... my Vcore is rigth now under 1.41 for 4.0 Ghz ... yeahhhhhhh

also lower my MCH to 1.34 ... Vtt = 1.36 .. try to lower this too .. i'm tweaking slowly now ... will have some thing good soon i hope ....

have a quick question ...
    my LinX test .. the voltage is 73-75 ... would this be safe to test for 2,3 hours .... Prime95 my temp only 61-59 yeahhhhhhhh ... i just want to have a complete stable ... will throw everything at it ... i'm crazzyyyy about testing...

also the Skew setting ???? before i have at 50 and 150 .. now i leave at 0s .. not sure what this thing does ... is this importance ????

CPU Clock Skew (ps)............ 0ps...: 50ps <... 0s
    MCH Clock Skew (ps)........... 0ps...: 150ps<... 0s

will post full setting soon when have something almost fully stable ... that when i need your expert opinon to set better .. don't want to bother you every few min ... haven't had much sleep the last 2 days ... my computer reboot so damn much .. hope don't damage anything ... hehehehe

PS. once again thankssss so much for your help and advise. just need some one point me to rigth direction.... OC is a big learning curve and i only been OC the last 6 months only .. big time newbeeeeee :-)

You should disable that for 45Nm cpu for sure. Is this 1.41 actual or BIOS setting?

Lin x question... What do you mean voltage is 73-75? If you mean temps then yes that is fine, but getting hot. LinX makes things hotter then anything you will ever use so you will be fine. Orthos/prime temps are even hotter then you will ever get your CPU without stressing it with those types apps anyway.

You will just have to bench to see what skew is best if any.

Ya, I hate the reboot/test/reboot/tweak/reboot/reboot/reboot/reboot/reboot AHAH Cycle!

yes that is Vcore 1.41875 Bios setting .... CPUZ=1.392 .... is this safe for everyday use ???

and 4.0Ghz is not set in stone ... just want to do the max safe for this CPU. nice to hit 4 if safe

bench ... be honest .. i never bench anything so far ... just run a quick thing in Everest for Ram ....

what do you suggest i should bench and what software ??

** new note **
    when i turn Load Line Calibration = Disable .... my OC when to the dog house .... even lower to 3.8 still have problem .... the voltage need for 3.8 is 1.406 ... way way too much .... read what i had before and it was only 1.38125 ....
    could this be my motherboard problem ??? because so far i run 4 different Q9550 in my board and they all OC with very very high voltage. ... should i RMA it ???

more update .. when i run OCCT and speed fan .. my +12V is only 7.42 ... but in Everest it's 12.17 ..... i try with another powersourse .. same thing ... my main powersourse is toughpower 750w from thermaltake ... can you check to see on your board this happen ???
    i don't think i had this problem with P35

could this be the cause for my voltage so high in OC ??
    Last edited by godto; 11-19-2008 at 08:56 AM.

Ya you are safe with that voltage, your temps are good in normal tests right?

Na 3.8 is ALOT for a quad, anything after 3.6 and you are going to see huge voltage jumps needed as you go up. Nothing to do with your board

Everest is your closest bet, speedfan isnt good for much as far as voltages go I think

I use everest for everything, and you can even change the options to show you out to 4 decimal places for voltages. See >>>>

will it afect much if i use Load Line Calibration = enable ...
    when i'm disable ... when run stress test ... the second core don't have enough voltage ... blue screen all the time ...
    the only thing i see this do is underload the voltage don't drop lower

right now i keep Load Line Calibration = enable to see the effect, but they keep my OC voltage lower and more stable

can you sugest any bench program ??? and what i should look for ??
    i'm still a newbee in OC

okie .. after readding many post and artical .. especially anna one ... i will Disable the load line ....

and here is my voltage ..

bios = 1.40620
    window idle = 1.3760

window load = 1.3600, 1.344, 1.3120, 1.2960 fluxtualate --

still tweakking ... keep getting blue screen message.. secondary core not enought voltage ( some thing like that) ...

had to up my MCH to 1.34 and Vtt to 1.34 ....
    i keep raising MCH ... seem to help .... raise Vcore will work too ... but my voltage be around 1.41 to 1.42 to make it stable ...
    sitting at 3.82Ghz now

with the load line enable ... i could do 3.91 with only Vcore 1.3825 (very stable) window 1.36 idle and 1.36-1.344 load

what do you think ????
    Last edited by godto; 11-20-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Keep it disabled and just add more vcore. It is there for a reason to save your CPU from voltage spikes

To bench I use Everest, SiSandra, LightSmark, 3Dmark 06, PCMark 05, Orthos, Furmark, and Memtest86+

But there is Plenty of tools out there, tons more actually! Here is a list Stasio is making here with alot >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/inte...94/index5.html

See page one, I think he has listed them all in Post #3

hehehehe .. i'm back ... decide to get new ram ... what you think of this .. since i have to underclock my ram so much ... also my rebate is 2 day late ,,, was waitting so long to get it stable with everythign else... i also want 8 gig.

what do you think???

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

or this one ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227269
    Last edited by godto; 11-25-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information