Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P and 8 gig Corsair dominator 4x2gig 8500C5DF

Talking GA-EP45-UD3P and 8 gig Corsair dominator 4x2gig 8500C5DF

wow .. i had been searching around for a forum like this ...
    i'm getting GA-EP45-UD3P this week and not sure to use q9450 or 9550 in this mother board... i'm curently use EP35C-DS3R with Q9450 .. and EP35-DS3L with Q6600 ... i'm not new to OC .. successfully OC both my quad to 3.4 and run 27/7 (51c-56c max temp) ... do love the gigabyte motherboard.

I seen the sceen shot of the new Bios and it scare me ... so much more option ... ..

my question is:
    - will this run fine with 8 gig on this board ? (i able to pick up 4x2gig dominator 8500 for $50 a pair ). do i need to lower my speed to use all 8 ? or what voltage or ram setting i need to change ?

-if i can get my friend q9550 or will use my q9450 .. i'm plaining on OC either one of this closer to 4.0 ... is there any thing i should watch out for? also some of the new option is there any where explain it or template wil show me how to use or maybe even what to set it to ???

i'm still ready throught your Gigabyte section and learn alot so far .. have to say it is good and excelent .. have to give you guy thump up for great support. i think you guy should have a link to this forum from Gigabyte site.

PS. another question .. can my EP35C-DS3R run 8 gig of this OCZ Reaper HPC 8GB (4 x 2GB) pc2 8500 ... i'm curently run 4 now.
    i do alot of Video editing so i do want 8 gig. is there any setting i would need to chage to make this stable ??
    Last edited by godto; 11-04-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P and 8 gig Corsair dominator 4x2gig 8500C5DF

Yes, it will run 8GB just fine. And any ram speed would be fine, just faster will require a little bit more tweaking.

The ram settings are the same ones as P35 boards, just more added. You would use the same you are using now likely and same voltages

If you get your new board let me know and I will help you with settings

Ya, your board you have now will run 8Gb as well, you would likely need to adjust MCH voltage and trfc (Refresh to Act) a little bit higher is all

not sure to continue in this topic or start new one...

here is my problem.

got my mother board today ... i swap in q9450 and OZC Reaper 8500 2x2gig...
    just want to start the board and in 3 days will have my Corsair ...
    First thing i did was flash bios to F5 .. i using the Qflash

it't won't boot up with 2 ram install ... 1 ram is fine ....
    2 ram it keep beeping .. i think 15,16 beep then stop ....
    what setting should i change or add ???

in the EP35C-DS3R ... i was OC this chip to 3.3 (very stable ... 3.4 had some problem with ram)
    here is my setting on that board:

415x8=3.32
    ddr2= +3
    Video = +1
    FSB = +1
    MCH = +1
    Vcore = 1.1625

Ram
    and below that was
    auto
    -----------------------------------------------
    i went in to this bios and i was lost ..what setting similar to this should i set in this new board for 3.3 ...
    load line calibration ??
    and all the Reference and Termination
    also all the extra Ram timing setting

first help me with 2 ram install
    second - give me some hint on 3.3
    third - some hint on 3.6
    when i got my Corsair .. what should i watch out for? first on 4 gig install ... then 8 gig install

i know i ask lot of question ... this new Bios just way different than P35.. is my board bad ??? or should i roll back to F4 bios ???

Please help ... thankssss

i follow this instruction .. but doesn't seem to help either
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...-issues-28423/

i did set my ram voltage to 2.1

You need to set MCH voltage to 1.2-1.35 for 8GB, set your trfc to 80 for now and static tRead to 12 for now as well.

There is no LLC as it will kill new CPU's, just set your voltage about ..5 higher then you used to use. Or run stock with one stick to see what the drop difference in your board is and adjust accordingly

Ref voltages are the same, Termination is vtt

No, you should use the Latest BIOS. I am kinda lost as to what you are using now as for ... well everything.

Please get one stick of ram going and flash to the latest BIOS using Qflash, DO NOT USE @BIOS.

Then please tell me what ram you have now and how much and what you want to run and I will advise further

sorry about the confusion .... i was using Q9450 and right now i just using OCZ reaper 8500 2x2 gig ... just want to fire up the board .... and that is when i had problem with 2 ram
    i figure out the problem .. i just had to lower the ram to 800 to able boot up with 2 ram.

right now had to use trap 333 for the ram 2.4 setting ...

i just got my Q9550 and untill monday when i got my 8 gig dominator ....

i'm just OC my CPU right now untill monday when my ram arive ... so far OC to 3.4 with stock voltage 1.250 .. stable .. want to OC slowly up .. when i got my desire OC that is when i really need help to OC the ram ... thanks so much for all your help so far .. you are great ...

when my 8 gig get here ... what some basic setting i should adjust for 8 gig to run ... i will lower my ram untill my OC stable. any sugestion would be great. once again thankssss

PS. i wish i knew of this site before i order my ram ... would love to order muskin .. seem like this ram is great with this board
    Last edited by godto; 11-07-2008 at 07:31 AM.

i have one other question ....
    when i was using Intell motherboard .... i can set to Raid but only use 1 hard drive .. and always can convert to raid latter ...
    is gigabyte Raid the same ?? or i need to get all my hard drive first and created Raid array before i can use Raid ??

also do you happen to know what max temp is for the Q9550?
    Last edited by godto; 11-07-2008 at 11:34 AM.

You will need to get your Hard drives first then create a RAID in the RAID BIOS and then install your system with the correct RAID driver

Max temps are posted at Intel site, but Core temp safe range would be 70-75C above that for too long and you are too hot for sure

When you get your 8GB I can help you for sure

everything seem to run good so far ... did some tweaking base on all the read from forum .. i hope doing it right ... will post my spect tomorrow hope my system be stable first.

another note. F4 bios is more stable than F5 ... same voltage setting on F4 run great ... F5 crash ... so i'm back with F4 bios now.. i read from other forum .. other also have notice the same problem

but so far ... one of my sensor stuck ... the first time i notice it .. i run prime for few min ... then reboot .. the stuck sensor is fine ... but latter today .. see it again ... and can't get rid of it. .

have 2 question:
    1- do i need to exchange my CPU ???
    2- mine is C1 ... is E0 better OC ?? this chip so far OC to 3.65 stable ... 1.3vcore .. temp on full load only 61,57,58,54 ... idle 40,39,36,36 ... 39 is the stuck sensor
    Last edited by godto; 11-08-2008 at 04:14 PM.

You could exchange your CPU, but you may get one with all stuck sensors back!

Intel does not care as long as the upper range of the Sensors work, which they do. Idle Temps they do not care about

Ya, all BIOS's will need different settings, you cant just assume you will use the same

I would keep your CPU, unless you dont care about the wait time for a RMA.

As fro C1 or E0 I am not sure, I am using a C0 Xeon. As for what others say about the Quads you have, some say better temps with E0, some say it is the same.

So I guess that would be all up to you and if you wanted to wait for a RMA and possibly get the same stepping CPU back and risk the new one having 4 stuck sensors!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information