Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P31-DS3L CPU ratio stuck. Help!

Default Re: P31-DS3L CPU ratio stuck. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by yuu View Post
    "When Thermal Monitor 2 is enabled, and a high temperature situation is detected, the Thermal Control Circuit (TCC) will be activated. The TCC causes the processor to adjust its operating frequency (using the bus multiplier) and input voltage (using the VID signals). This combination of reduced frequency and VID results in a reduction to the processor power consumption."

"When the Thermal Monitor feature is enabled, and a high temperature situation exists (i.e., TCC is active), the clocks will be modulated by alternately turning the clocks off and on at a duty cycle specific to the processor (typically 30–50%)."

Some lag can be experienced whereas cpu is overheating and thermal monitor (2) is self-activated, it happends at exactly 85C.

Download the Intel "Intel Thermal analysis tool", you will see what happends exactly.
    I will download the tool and post results tomorrow just wanted to say that my CPU never had temperature higher than 59*C ... T_T

So nothing is over heating here (and I'm quiet specific at controlling this kind of stuff)

Is there any way to disable this TCC? I would prefer to burn up my CPU than stuck with multiplier 6x == (even when pc was working on normal 1.8 Ghz speed for some time) at last i would know what's wrong...

As for the Intel tool i will check this out tomorrow and post some results here.
    Last edited by Emiya Shirou; 07-04-2010 at 09:07 AM.

You could try to remove battery, clear cmos, load optimized defaults, disable tm tm2 eist c1e. Then if persists maybe turn off the pc from power outlet, then press the power button to discharge, disconnect and break the system apart to standalone components and put it back together. just guesswork.

I downloaded the TAT tool, it isn't working on Windows 7, It's open for a second and then close itself... tried even in compatibility mode.

You could try to remove battery, clear cmos, load optimized defaults, disable tm tm2 eist c1e. Then if persists maybe turn off the pc from power outlet, then press the power button to discharge, disconnect and break the system apart to standalone components and put it back together. just guesswork.
    For the first part i think I've done that some long time ego, as for second about breaking the system apart thats a creazy idea but I've never thought of that lol xD

Have you tried "rmclock" under Wi7, it shows some info.
    The CPU INfo and Monitoring show throtling VID FID graph and enabled TM2, max min voltage and ratio.

Advanced CPU settings allows to disable TM and TM2
    Last edited by yuu; 07-04-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Red face Re: P31-DS3L CPU ratio stuck. Help!

Have you tried "rmclock" under Wi7, it shows some info.
    The CPU INfo and Monitoring show throtling VID FID graph and enabled TM2, max min voltage and ratio.

Advanced CPU settings allows to disable TM and TM2
    OMFG Thank You GOD~~ !! You are genius I've just tested it for a little while and done some serious testing later on, but

I disabled the TM2 in Bios, Set my Multiplier to 9x, and opened the RMClock in Windows 7, disabled TM1 and IT WORKS !! Without lagging, temperatures are the same as before, tested it 2 times with Orthos and one time with OCCTPT and It's Stable ^w^
    * Does Happy Dance ^_^ *

Also i noticed... my CPU is Throttling all the time... even when he is in idle state with multi set to 6x by EIST and C1E... dunno why Any ideas?

Also is there any way to disable TM1 before windows starts? It would be very helpful ^^ Not that I'm complaining or something if not then i will always change the settings in Windows ;)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you using the latest BIOS?

Do you have CPU power Min/Max set to 100% in control panel power plan? You should not need any of these tools or fixes to do what you are doing

Talking Re: P31-DS3L CPU ratio stuck. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Are you using the latest BIOS?
    Yes, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Do you have CPU power Min/Max set to 100% in control panel power plan? You should not need any of these tools or fixes to do what you are doing
    No, I always used balanced plan in Windows, always CPU min was set to 5% and max to 100%

Btw. since i got rid of the TM1(and TM2) and it's working fine (with RMClock running in background) yesterday i got new cooling for my cpu, and now I'm working on 3,2 GHz ^^
    I will try to OC it a little further ^^

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well even if you use balance, set CPU min/Max to 100% and you shouldn't have this issue nor need to use RMClock

I'm running a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P with the latest F10 bios. I have this same problem with the stuck multiplier. It happened either after trying EasyTune6 or using the Low Power Mode in DES. I was running fine with a 9 multiplier for a year and now it got stuck at a 6 multiplier. Uninstalling and disabling both didn't work. The only thing that worked was turning off TM2, though I haven't tried reflashing the BIOS yet. I don't notice a lag like you've said. rmclock doesn't like Win 7 at the moment. I'm really curious why, after a year, I need to disable TM2 to keep my default 9 multiplier.

The way it senses overheat is probably by #prochot lga contact pad, you could insulate it, it is risky. I don't understand how you could have such problems. I mean how could intel integrate so many useless powersaving features and overheat protection that works against us.
    Last edited by yuu; 07-10-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information