Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Rev.1.0) BIOS Flash Error

Unhappy Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Rev.1.0) BIOS Flash Error

Hi!
    I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Rev.1.0) BIOS version F3, that use a bios chip Macronix 25L8005M2C! I flash it to bios version F5, reboot, and no post, no monitor screen, no floppy Access, just DVD-ROM Access (my first boot device before bios flash)! Iīve created a dos boot CD-ROM with flash895.exe, BIOS_FILE.F4 (bios version 4) and autoexec.bat scripts like “flash895 BIOS_FILE.F4 /A /R /B /E /-G”, and several others! No one solve my problem! The CD-Rom is accessed in the startup, but in few seconds itīs stop and nothing more happen!
    Iīve tried the tips I found to force Checksum Error (kept pins 5 and 6 shortened with screwdriver while powering on the M/B) and no result! I also tried with the 6 and 7 pins, but again no results!

Motherboard link:
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...ProductID=2758

Motherboard BIOS: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=2758

BIOS Chip Macronix 25L8005M2C Datasheet:
    www.mct.net/download/macronix/mx25l8005.pdf

Sorry my english!

Can anyone help me? Another pin shorting combinaton? Another possible solution?
    Please, help-me! Thankīs in advance!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Rev.1.0) BIOS Flash Error

Is this the method you are trying? >>>
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Official Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Info Thread

Have you removed the battery and put a jumper on the clear CMOS pins and let it set for 30 minutes with the PSU unplugged? And have you tried with no other hardware only CPU, One stick of ram, and gfx card? No drives connected?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Is this the method you are trying? >>>
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Official Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 Info Thread

Have you removed the battery and put a jumper on the clear CMOS pins and let it set for 30 minutes with the PSU unplugged? And have you tried with no other hardware only CPU, One stick of ram, and gfx card? No drives connected?
    Yes, this is the method I tried (BIOS Recovery procedures - My Digital Life Forums)! Until now, I donīt wait 30 minutes with the PSU unplugged! Iīll tried it today, maybe tomorow! Iīve tried this: shutdown the computer, unplug PSU, press Power On the computer. The system try to start, the CPU cooler fan turn on for few seconds like the leds, and then the system tottaly shutdown! I do it to try to discharge all the capacitors! Still no results. Iīve removed the battery too, no results again! I have no another hardware! Just one stick of ram (Iīve tested another stick of ram into my board, no changes)! Iīve no VGA board (my M/B has a onboard VGA). The unique think that I donīt do is unplug PSU for 30 minutes!
    Another question: have you a list of gigabyte M/B that uses the Macronix 25L8005M2C BIOS Chip? Do you know if the Gigabyte GA-M61SM use this BIOS Chip? I imagine that my last chance is try to Hot Flash my Bios with another M/B that uses the same BIOS Chip!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Thanks, LSD!!!

I haven't read this post thoroughly, but have you checked out the switches with Flash895 here

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...76/#post258596

&

with my post that follows it, with FlashSPI that works by default in unattended mode?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    I haven't read this post thoroughly, but have you checked out the switches with Flash895 here

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...76/#post258596

&

with my post that follows it, with FlashSPI that works by default in unattended mode?
    Hi VorLonUK! Yes! Iīve make some Dos Boot CD-Romīs with many parameters to flash895, FlashSPI and Awdflash, but no one work! The CR-Rom is accessed for few seconds, then itīs stop and no more action! No reboot, no screen, no floppy access, no more CD-Rom Access!
    Any other sugestion??
    Tnankīs!

Cool Re: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Rev.1.0) BIOS Flash Error

Hi LSD! Today, I follow your instrunctions: "Have you removed the battery and put a jumper on the clear CMOS pins and let it set for 30 minutes with the PSU unplugged"! No results again: No post, no monitor screen, no floppy Access, just DVD-ROM Access! Tried some Dos Bootable CD-Rom with flash895, flashspi, no results! After some more Chip BIOS pin shorting (5-6, 6-7, before Power On and few seconds after Power On), slot changes on my unique Corsair XMS2 DDR2800 memory, I got a result: beep sounds!! Two beeps, 2 secons of interval, Two beeps, 2 secons of interval, Two beeps, 2 secons of interval! Continuous, endless! Just beeps, no post, no monitor display screen, no floppy access! Iīve tried to boot with END key pressed, F8, DEL, no results! Reset CMOS, no results!Iīve taken off the memory module! No changes! The beep sequence still the same!
    What this beep sequence mean?
    Any suggestion now?
    Thankīs in Advance!

2 beeps means BIOS/CMOS error you are either going to have to try with some other ram or RMA the board

You should try to clear the CMOS again since you are now getting the CMOS error

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    2 beeps means BIOS/CMOS error you are either going to have to try with some other ram or RMA the board

You should try to clear the CMOS again since you are now getting the CMOS error
    Iīve tried to clear the CMOS many times! I try other ram and no results! Iīll try to Hot Flash the BIOS! If itīs doesnīt work, RMA! Thankīs!

Thread Information