Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does ZEROtherm BTF90 fit on GA-EP45-UD3P?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Does ZEROtherm BTF90 fit on GA-EP45-UD3P?

I would suggest (If your case allows) these >>>>

ThermalRight Ultra 120, Xigmatek HDT-S1283, Tuniq Tower 120, and the one you orgianlly asked about

Okay, so, I picked up the Xigmatek and I was testing it out to make sure it works, by plugging in just the fan. So I plugged it into one of the system fan plugs, and booted up, but the fan didn't spin up. It jiggled a little, like, I could see it try to turn, but it didn't turn. Then I unplugged my CPU fan and plugged this in, and started up the system for just a few seconds, but it didn't spin, also. Do you think this is a defective fan, or is it not getting enough power?

Do you have your BIOS set to smart fan control mode on? If so then it may be off until your CPU reaches a certain temp. Set that to disabled, or try with it enabled and fan mode on Voltage

With PWM fans and or smart control on your BIOS may not see the CPU as warm enough to use the fan yet. See what the temp shows in PC health and then go in the system and put some load on it and see if the Fan turns on. If it does not after a few seconds then you may have a problem

Stock fan spins up as soon as the CPU boots up and then slows down after the boot-up is on (because, yes, I put BIOS smart fan on). But this also doesn't explain why plugging into the system fan does not make it spin, because system fan should be independent of CPU temperature, right? I'll try disabling the smart fan for a few seconds. I am wary of letting the CPU run for more than few seconds without a fan =/ I did it for around 3 seconds last time.

Some boards system fan headers also are connected to PWM and some do not start always until a few second later.

With that cooler you will be ok letting the system run for a minute or two anyway as it is a large cooler. That is why I said with smart fan enabled it may not turn on at all until you put a load on the CPU because it may already be under the temp where the fan would need to be on

Oh, I left the stock heatsink fan on, as I'm only testing the fan from the Xigmatek first before actually putting that huge heatsink on. Guess I'll let the fan sit for a while and see what happens...

Ahh!

Well I am sure the Xigmatek works, just install it all and get going!

For the record, the ZEROtherm BTF80 (don't know about the 90) DOES fit on the GA-EP45-UD3P (personal experience). I know you've gotten another cooler, but this is in case anyone else is wondering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information