Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New, better bios needed it's time =)

Default Re: New, better bios needed it's time =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well that could be the issue, A Beta BIOS.

Strap letters or symbols should be shown either on the left or by the ram multi #, since you say they are not on the numbers you should see them on the left. But yea 2.x may not have any anyhow. The 2.4 multi should be more stable as it will use the 333/1333 strap and the NB will have looser timings
    I have + ~ # (on the right) for 4.0+ or 4.0~ never seen # the thing is at 333x9 4.0~ is 1333Mhz and that will never ever work :p I just tried CPU at 2.4Ghz (default) witch the 4.0~ strapping 1066Mhz did not work! it will boot alright but will not load windows "windows boot manager" Windows failed to start a resent hardware error bla bla. And i have Windows memory diagnostic to select witch shows error. I don't think its the beta bios I've had this problem sens F2 or something.

do you have msn or similar so we can get through this in a life time (you can always block me later) :) if that's ok PM me if not don't
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 11-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ok, yeah that is what I meant. Sorry I forgot P35 boards wont allow the 333 Strap to be chosen manually no matter the CPU

Nope, sorry I dont install messengers. They sidetrack me. Post your full settings again and what you want to use and I will try to help again. You have tested each ram stick by otself at stock right to see if they are both working 100%?

Ok, yeah that is what I meant. Sorry I forgot P35 boards wont allow the 333 Strap to be chosen manually no matter the CPU

Nope, sorry I dont install messengers. They sidetrack me. Post your full settings again and what you want to use and I will try to help again. You have tested each ram stick by otself at stock right to see if they are both working 100%?
    Yes I did that when I first got them and didn't knew what was wrong. Am trying to find a way to capture cmos/bios I'll be back soon with it (i hope)

K, Just print out a template from here and write them down is about the easiest way

I will be leaving in about 5 minutes, so I will catch up with you tomorrow

K, Just print out a template from here and write them down is about the easiest way

I will be leaving in about 5 minutes, so I will catch up with you tomorrow
    My settings are on the first page my first post (it's updated)

What cpu and board do you have? Are you sure each stick by itself will pass 10 passes of memtest86+? Just want to be sure you do not have a faulty stick

Here would be my suggested settings for what you gave >>>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio _________________ [9]

CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2_________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.20] =1066 ram speed
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)____ [Manual]

Performance Enhance =[Standard]

CAS Latency Time_______________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay______ 5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)___________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)__________3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay_________ 3-6 (9-11 Use first)
    Write to Precharge Delay__________ 4-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay_____________ 52-65
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7/8-12 << (6 here and Refresh to act delay was likely your main issues)

Static tRead Phase Adjust_________ [Auto]

System Voltage Control___________ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control_________ [+0.2V] [+0.2V] = 2.10V - 2.16V | [+0.3V] = 2.20 - 2.40V (TO MUCH)
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_________ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control__________ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control_______ [+0.2V] << Maybe .25-.3 is needed
    CPU Voltage Control_____________ [1.27500]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)...............: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ..........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology.................: [Enabled]

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect............: [Enabled] << Disable this for now to rule it out as it has been known to cause random issues

What cpu and board do you have? Are you sure each stick by itself will pass 10 passes of memtest86+? Just want to be sure you do not have a faulty stick

Here would be my suggested settings for what you gave >>>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio _________________ [9]

CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)________ [333]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2_________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.20] =1066 ram speed
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)____ [Manual]

Performance Enhance =[Standard]

CAS Latency Time_______________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay______ 5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)___________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)__________3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay_________ 3-6 (9-11 Use first)
    Write to Precharge Delay__________ 4-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay_____________ 52-65
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7/8-12 << (6 here and Refresh to act delay was likely your main issues)

Static tRead Phase Adjust_________ [Auto]

System Voltage Control___________ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control_________ [+0.2V] [+0.2V] = 2.10V - 2.16V | [+0.3V] = 2.20 - 2.40V (TO MUCH)
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_________ [+0.1V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control__________ [+0.1V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control_______ [+0.2V] << Maybe .25-.3 is needed
    CPU Voltage Control_____________ [1.27500]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)...............: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ..........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology.................: [Enabled]

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect............: [Enabled] << Disable this for now to rule it out as it has been known to cause random issues
    I want to thank you for trying, but it does not work. I am 99% sure it's a problem with Gigabyte's bioses. 1% may be that when I first installed the memory, I happened to mix them together so that I did not know witch couple belonged together. In the beginning I thought that this was the cause for my problem. So I tested back and forth with the different pairs. I later learn that this motherboard go issues and that I had to change voltages manually and lower the Mhz on the RAM.

PS: Is there any program that can tell me the serial number or what every identifies my sticks. So that i can be 100% sure they are on the right slots?
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 11-10-2008 at 07:34 PM.

I think we can call this one solved. I decided to call Crucial and they confirm there's a problem with some of there "versions" of this RAM. As i have lifetime warranty they will send me new ones. I must say the support on Crucial is outstanding. Far from Gigabyte's support witch still haven't reply to my email sent like 6 days ago

Ahh, yeah you will likely have issues with different sticks. Especially those as they do use different IC Chips on the sticks from the older 2.2V rated ones to the newer 2.0V rated ones.

Just so you know, CPU-z will show you the Serial #'s of your ram in the SPD tab as you can see here (If the information is added into the SPD) >>>>

Other programs like Everest or SiSandra would also tell you, if you have those.

Well, I hope you get your RMA fast. Let me know how things go with this

Ahh, yeah you will likely have issues with different sticks. Especially those as they do use different IC Chips on the sticks from the older 2.2V rated ones to the newer 2.0V rated ones.

Just so you know, CPU-z will show you the Serial #'s of your ram in the SPD tab as you can see here (If the information is added into the SPD) >>>>

Other programs like Everest or SiSandra would also tell you, if you have those.

Well, I hope you get your RMA fast. Let me know how things go with this
    I sent in the memory today, so I should have the new one's in the middle of next week. There is still a problem with the motherboard, however. Either it gives too much voltages or too little. I purchased two inexpensive 1GB memory today, that I can use in the meantime wile am waiting. This RAM wants 1.8V. With the default settings they get 2.10-2.16v which is entirely too much. If I change the default settings (normal) to 0.1V they get about 1.9V, it's still too much but it works. I don't know if this is a hardware or software (bios) problem?

I thought I would try Hibernating tonight. If it works, it can either be the old RAM. But it may also be that this RAM just needs 1.8V which it gets. While the old RAM wanted 2.20V, but received only 2.10-2.16V, and this could also explain the problem that the computer wouldn't boot. If so, the problem should be solved when I get my new RAM that only needs 2.0V

PS: I know i repeat myself but I do want Gigabyte to full understand that they got a problem that needs fixing! :)

BTW, about
    Refresh to Act Delay Or tRFC will have to also be adjusted when using more then 2 X 1GB of Memory. Normally a range between 52 and 62 will be fine for 2 X 2GB of ram, and with some fine tunning you can usually run at 48 or 50. More then 4GB will need more of course, but how much is again up to your Memory, Board and some patient testing
    You got me confused. I see that I use 28 on tRFC and I got no problems?
    Attached Images Attached Images New, better bios needed it's time =)-memset-jpg 
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 11-13-2008 at 02:29 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information