Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New, better bios needed it's time =)

Default Re: New, better bios needed it's time =)

Hibernating works! or should I say Computer boots after being shutdown during the night. At least with this temp RAM witch uses 1.8V. So am pretty sure it's a voltages problem that needs fixing. I will know for sure when I get my BallistiX back.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well that voltage in Auto is likely changed because of the SPD programmed into the chip. Did you look in CPU-z and see if you see a higher voltage noted? If not I would just use +.1 for now for 1.9 most all DDR2 is fine with 2.0-2.1 anyway no matter the specs

tRFC of 28 is not going to pass Memtest86+ for sure. Well wait, it may since that ram is only 533Mhz, or at least that is how you are running it in your memset image

Yeah, I would have to agree I bet your new ram will be fine once you get it setup right. Let me know how you get along when you get your new ram

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well that voltage in Auto is likely changed because of the SPD programmed into the chip. Did you look in CPU-z and see if you see a higher voltage noted? If not I would just use +.1 for now for 1.9 most all DDR2 is fine with 2.0-2.1 anyway no matter the specs

tRFC of 28 is not going to pass Memtest86+ for sure. Well wait, it may since that ram is only 533Mhz, or at least that is how you are running it in your memset image

Yeah, I would have to agree I bet your new ram will be fine once you get it setup right. Let me know how you get along when you get your new ram
    Auto never change for me, it's always 2.10-2.16V something even for this temp ram. "SPD reader" must be broken or something. SPD for Ballistix where 1.8 and 2.20 and 1.8 as shown in the picture for Corsair tmp ram.

Btw I OC this tmp ram by 25% still uses 28 tRFC and I tested with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool witch should be just fine, no errors.
    Attached Images Attached Images New, better bios needed it's time =)-corsair-jpg 

Ya, that may just be 1.8V only ram since it is slower ram and most 533 ram does not have a EPP programmed into the SPD chip on the ram anyway. But you would be fine setting 1.9 or so if you wanted. Windows memory tool is not good to test with, but since it is temp anyhow it dont matter so much anyway

Ya, that may just be 1.8V only ram since it is slower ram and most 533 ram does not have a EPP programmed into the SPD chip on the ram anyway. But you would be fine setting 1.9 or so if you wanted. Windows memory tool is not good to test with, but since it is temp anyhow it dont matter so much anyway
    I would like to know what's wrong with Windows Memory Tool?

It does not perform/test as well as other tests. You can use it sure, but I would not for any real testing. I suggest Memtest86+ (and it must be this newer version 2.01, older ones do not work for P35) >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

It does not perform/test as well as other tests. You can use it sure, but I would not for any real testing. I suggest Memtest86+ (and it must be this newer version 2.01, older ones do not work for P35) >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    I need more then "It's not good" I read that WMDT is better for windows thue it test the RAM in the way its use in windows. And have been tested with over 70 different chipset, combination's and so on.

I quite "I did have one instance where MEMTEST86+ didn't find an error, and the Microsoft test did, so I keep them both around..."
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 11-15-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Ya, I have had times where memtest86+ would find a error and WMDT would not, and visa versa, so you are right. Same thing with Antivirus and Spyware Apps as well

It's not that it's not good, just I would only recommend using it after you pass memtest86+.

You can see here Corsair Does not support/suggest it either >>>

The Corsair Support Forums - View Single Post - Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool

Unlike Windows based diagnostic tools, Memtest86+ runs on its own Operating System so you can be sure that any miscellaneous Operating System problems aren't the cause of any problems. Windows based hardware diagnostic utilities often falsely reports or misidentifies problematic hardware. Windows based diagnostic programs are a very very bad idea. You've got too many drivers, and other software programs running at the same time to allow for an accurate diagnoses of computer hardware problems.
    Now I am not saying dont use it by any means, Just suggesting that you also use Memtest86+ for sure. The more tests the better

I also use this within windows >>>
    HCI Design's MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows

You are really right though, not one single app is best. Here is a thread which outlines how both can fail as well (With a few links to "This" Vs. "That") >>>
    System diagnostics software - Tech Support Forum

Linking these shootouts >>>
    Real World Technologies - Memory Diagnostics Shootout

Real World Technologies - Memory Diagnostics Shootout - Round 2
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-15-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Good find! i spent all time sens last post trying to find witch was better or worse, but did not find anything really. I did find this as well Real World Technologies - Memory Diagnostics Shootout but these test where so old so i didn't find it fair, Then I came to think of, memtest86+ is still being developed so obviously this is the best choice
    Last edited by Blackkatt; 11-15-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Ya, there is tons of opinions out there but mainly it does really come down to what we both said above. Both programs can and do find errors sometimes when the other one does not.

So either is good to use, Possibly both, but I would for sure use both since you do like WMDT yourself.

Ya, Memtest86+ is always being updated and 2.10 is about to be released here shortly (Should have been by now!!! Arrgggg) >>>
    Memtest86+ v2.10 Release note - Canardpc.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information