Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1005 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 55059059559951003100410051006100710151055 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,050 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

I'm beating the **** out of my G1 Gaming and the F6A BIOS has memory IO Latency settings working as expected so thanks to whoever the engineers are that are releasing these things... Wish we could see some changelogs but whatever - ignorantly working as opposed to ignorantly not working is better than the latter.

I don't know what's wrong with my Z170 GT, but every few days it just dies completely and I need to pull the battery to get it to work again.

Bios corruption? I don't know. I'm not even using beta bioses anymore, just using the "official" F4 from the Gigabyte website. Wish I could figure out what's wrong with this board or a way to completely flush the settings so that it won't happen again. I reset the settings every time but for some reason it doesn't matter.

Adrian_Mty is offline Junior Member

Hi all and thanks in advance for your answer

This is a issue or "bug"?

I recently updated my GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK (rev. 1.0) bios from f6 to f8 and i realize when active XMP profile the uncore ratio donīt drop anymore.

so, i downgraded to f7 and is the same

some else with this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian_Mty View Post
    the uncore ratio donīt drop anymore.
    It would be nice to know what that means before I upgrade the BIOS on my Gaming 3. What the heck does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcat4 View Post
    It would be nice to know what that means before I upgrade the BIOS on my Gaming 3. What the heck does that mean?
    Uncore Ratio: Uncore are features NOT built into the Processor but essential for Processor function, like the DRAM controller and BUS

On my system the bug is: The North Bridge (bus) (multiplier) (Bridge Clock), donīt drop.

sample, when the processor is idle the core drop from 4400mhz to 2800mhz and the "bus" (uncore ratio) must do the same.

i donīt know if this can be a problem at short or long time
    and how can affect the performance

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian_Mty View Post
    On my system the bug is: The North Bridge (bus) (multiplier) (Bridge Clock), donīt drop.

sample, when the processor is idle the core drop from 4400mhz to 2800mhz and the "bus" (uncore ratio) must do the same.
    Ah right. Ok I understand now. For the lower power state idling --> slows down clockspeeds Mhz. I don't think it will save much power on a desktop CPU. When I open up the gigabyte Intel XTU, there's 2 modes for the Processor Cache Ratio. "Adaptive" and "Static". The option is greyed out there (cannot be changed). My Cache (ring bus) frequency is showing a constant 4.38 GHz. It doesn't seem to drop ever. My BIOS is Gaming 3 F4 BIOS. Which is the version before the "Improved XMP Profile Compatability".

Not sure about the BIOS setting. But underneath the 'Uncore Ratio' setting in Advanced Freq. page, it says "CPU Flex Ratio Override", which is set to "Disabled" by default. And underneath that a "CPU Flex Ration Settings" which presumably means a min ratio of "20" for this, the Ring bus / Cache freq.

When I enable that option, my Processor Cache Freq in Gigabyte-Intel XTU remains the same as before (still 4.38 GHz). And I've never seen it go any lower than that. My DDR4's XMP profile isn't enabled yet. So it's at 2133 Mhz.

Perhaps anothe clue might be my main CPU clockspeeds. They seem stuck on their max speed too.
    Last edited by dreamcat4; 11-10-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcat4 View Post
    Ah right. Ok I understand now. For the lower power state idling --> slows down clockspeeds Mhz. I don't think it will save much power on a desktop CPU. When I open up the gigabyte Intel XTU, there's 2 modes for the Processor Cache Ratio. "Adaptive" and "Static". The option is greyed out there (cannot be changed). My Cache (ring bus) frequency is showing a constant 4.38 GHz. It doesn't seem to drop ever. My BIOS is Gaming 3 F4 BIOS. Which is the version before the "Improved XMP Profile Compatability".

Not sure about the BIOS setting. But underneath the 'Uncore Ratio' setting in Advanced Freq. page, it says "CPU Flex Ratio Override", which is set to "Disabled" by default. And underneath that a "CPU Flex Ration Settings" which presumably means a min ratio of "20" for this, the Ring bus / Cache freq.

When I enable that option, my Processor Cache Freq in Gigabyte-Intel XTU remains the same as before (still 4.38 GHz). And I've never seen it go any lower than that. My DDR4's XMP profile isn't enabled yet. So it's at 2133 Mhz.

Perhaps anothe clue might be my main CPU clockspeeds. They seem stuck on their max speed too.

Fixed i downgrade to F6 with FPT-Z97(Win)

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post502080

wsarahan is offline Junior Member

Hi guys how are you?

The latest bios to GA-Z87X-OC Force is really F10? No new beta or final bios like F11 or something like that?

Thanks
    My system Specs

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force - F7 Bios

I7 4770k @4.5

G Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX X2

EVGA GTX 780 SC Edition SLI - Model Number - 10DE-1004

Corsair Force GT SCSI Disk Device (223 GB)

Cosmos 2 Case

Corsair H110 Cooler

Creative SB Recon3D Audio

Windows 7 X64

Just want to report that bios F6g has some serious issues with overclocking and what was 24 hour pi stable with f6a won't even post with f6g (this pertains to mobo GA-Z170X-Gaming G1).

GiggaByte is offline Member

f5d for z170x-gaming 5 is horrible..touch any voltage setting off default auto, i think its the VAXG one, to ANYTHING besides "auto" the system will hang during post at code C4 & endless reboot loop until bios is reset by jumper.

what is gigabyte doing lately?

Thread Information