Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1008 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 85089089589981006100710081009101010181058 ... LastLast
Results 10,071 to 10,080 of 10850

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F6k still does not work memory slot 1 and 3 with Kingston HX426C15FBK2/16.

I'm not sure about this error however only slot 3 also not working
    Last edited by berte; 12-14-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Anyone try GA-Z170N-WIFI - F7 BIOS yet?

Question Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

I lost activation for win 10 when BIOS upgrade to z170x gaming5 f5d.

Quote Originally Posted by OiCkilL View Post
    I lost activation for win 10 when BIOS upgrade to z170x gaming5 f5d.
    That is why I have not upgraded in awhile. Had this happen a few releases ago.

Quote Originally Posted by berte View Post
    GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F6k still does not work memory slot 1 and 3 with Kingston HX426C15FBK2/16.

I'm not sure about this error however only slot 3 also not working
    I have the same motherboard and same memory - only slots 3-4 works ok but then i have single channel.
    When i put memory to slots 2-4 or 1-3 to get dual channel i got post code 55 error.

( Bios F6K ) GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

Please Gigabyte add support for this type of memory Kingston HX426C15FBK2/16

Flitzer is offline Junior Member

I had similar problems with the GA-Z170X-UD3/6700K in combination with the (QVL!) Kingston HX426C15FBK4/32 memory (thus 4x8GB @ 2666 MHz).
    All individual modules worked find and every combination of dual channel memory worked fine as well, but as soon as I used slot 2 and 4 together I got error code 55 during boot.
    I rechecked every individual component but each was properly installed and worked correctly (at the default 2666 MHz), just not the combined set of 4 memory modules.
    After booting with at most 2 modules and reducing the memory frequency to 2133 MHz, I could boot with all 4 memory modules installed (but of course lower memory frequency).
    Still I knew that default settings (thus 2666 MHz for this memory), e.g. after a CMOS reset or loading default, would require removing at least 2 memory modules and repeating the process.
    This behavior was with both the official BIOS and the F5b beta.

However, I can report that after upgrading to beta BIOS F5c, now all 4 modules (32 GB) work flawlessly at 2666 MHz
    Also the modules use the official settings from Kingston (according to CPU-Z), which were the defaults after flashing the new BIOS.
    So it seems that Gigabyte identified the problem and resolved it in the latest BIOS for this board and I hope they put the solution in the next official BIOS.
    However, it is strange that this memory was on the QVL list for this board but apparently was not properly tested.
    This issue (error code 55 with specific slot combinations) is reported for more Z170X boards and often with this Kingston memory; sometimes also with other memory with a native frequency > 2133 MHz.
    These memory problems were a real disappointment after I assembled my new PC, but I am happy it is now solved (at least with the beta BIOS).

And yes, I can confirm that after going from the official BIOS to the beta BIOS (in my case it was F5b) the activation of the upgraded Windows 10 was lost.
    Strange because when I upgraded the official BIOS after I received the board, the activation was not lost.
    I have used a new Windows 10 activation key, because I did not want to beg Microsoft for repairing the activation or repeat the upgrade process.
    So be careful when using a beta BIOS on an upgraded Windows 10.
    Last edited by Flitzer; 12-20-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flitzer View Post
    So be careful when using a beta BIOS on an upgraded Windows 10.
    Well I've been on a fresh win10 install and haven't seen any activation problems with gaming 3. So maybe it only affects upgraded installs and not clean installs of win10 ?

Unhappy Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

I have purchased a retail Windows Pro 10. I have just one Event Viewer error log after every boot.
    I am normally quite good at identifying Event ID's but I cannot find any information regarding this one. I have formatted twice, installed just the drivers and I received this after both clean formats. How can I resolve this if it does not tell me anything? What is ACPI 5?
    Everything is okay in Device manager, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My motherboard is the Z170X Gaming 5.
    The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ACPI

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Event Xml:
    Attachment 7956

Many people have this error, could you fix it?
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-(ACPI-error-)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-4320200dc160
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...ezing-crashing
    Last edited by OiCkilL; 12-20-2015 at 02:49 PM.

I also have the exact same event listed in my Windows 10 logs and although I know what ACPI 5 is there is no place in the BIOS to disable/enable that revision of the ACPI spec so it's completely dependent on the hardware vendor (in this case, Gigabyte) to either fix it within the BIOS or give us the option to control it. Bottom line is, the error is probably never going to go away. I'd love to be wrong.

For post code 55 error with HX426C15FBK2/16 and bios f6k.

Leave your motherboard trying to boot for about 10 mins and in the end it will see correct the ram and will boot ok.

Thread Information