Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1026 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 2652692697610161024102510261027102810361076 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,260 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Some people stay away from products with the beta label on it. Because beta.
    Same with me and my Z170 wifi

I'm sitting here a little peed off at the moment, I've recently upgraded my motherboard from an Asus Z170-E which ran my i5 6400 @ 4.4Ghz with no problem, to a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 using the F7K bios. My problem is that although I can still overclock to 4.4GHz using the 27x multiplier and a 163Mhz bclk and all is stable. As soon as I shutdown for the night and try to turn it on again in the morning, the system just won't post until I switch it off at the mains and back on again, hit the power button then quickly hit reset a few times. I've even tried just a small overclock by increasing the bclk to 105Mhz but that was even worse and I couldn't bring the system back to life until I pressed the Cmos clear button.

So in short any attempt at setting any clock speed over stock results in the system not posting. Is this a bios issue or a motherboard issue? This is the 2nd Gaming 7 I've tried and still the same problem.

jason-uk is offline Junior Member

Well mine can behave in a similar manner with overclocking , once a overclock is applied i'm 100% stable in the o/s , doesn't matter how many stress test i use or for how long i run them it all passes, and voltages and temps are well within the more than safe zone , restarting is fine too , but every morning when i power up from a cold start it boots me into the bios saying that the overclock has failed .

Im on bios f6 as this is the last non beta ,, were not the only users with this as i've have read others post on here about overclock and cold start issue .

atm i'm having to use easytune that applies the O/C from within the o/s which is working 100% to it just means that i have to reapply the o/c every day should i wish to, which i don't bother anymore i just the cpu @stock now (i7 6700k) .

Im waiting for the final f7 bios to come out and then i will spend sometime configuring my system again with a modest 24/7 o/c as this is the reason i purchased a k model cpu ,so i hope that when f7 is here this will clear it up , as i don't know what else it could be just atm

Well I tried the Easytune software just a while ago after reading your reply, It wants to reboot to apply the overclock so I rebooted and the system wouldn't post using the same settings I use to get 4.4Ghz. Is thre a way to get the overclock to apply without rebooting?

jason-uk is offline Junior Member

are you using the pre made profiles , u just click on it applies the o/c without having to re-boot for me

have you tried the profiles from within the bios there are available ? ,, i dint know if there ther for you as you have a different cpu than me
    Last edited by jason-uk; 03-11-2016 at 05:47 AM.

Yeah maybe it won't work with a non k CPU with the Non k bios. ack i'll just stick to stock and when it becomes a bottleneck i'll upgrade the CPU maybe.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Saens View Post
    Some people stay away from products with the beta label on it. Because beta.
    Same with me and my Z170 wifi
    Ordinary users like final release,advance users prefer Beta release.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Paul O'Hagan View Post
    I'm sitting here a little peed off at the moment, I've recently upgraded my motherboard from an Asus Z170-E which ran my i5 6400 @ 4.4Ghz with no problem, to a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 using the F7K bios. My problem is that although I can still overclock to 4.4GHz using the 27x multiplier and a 163Mhz bclk and all is stable. As soon as I shutdown for the night and try to turn it on again in the morning, the system just won't post until I switch it off at the mains and back on again, hit the power button then quickly hit reset a few times. I've even tried just a small overclock by increasing the bclk to 105Mhz but that was even worse and I couldn't bring the system back to life until I pressed the Cmos clear button.

So in short any attempt at setting any clock speed over stock results in the system not posting. Is this a bios issue or a motherboard issue? This is the 2nd Gaming 7 I've tried and still the same problem.

I have a z170 gaming 7 with bios F7k OC at 4.5 it runs smooth as a kitten.
    i7 6700k @4.5 Ghz
    Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7
    Gigabyte Xtreme GTX970
    Kingston Fury 16GB DDR4

Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
    Superflower 1000watt
    Corsair K70 RGB
    Corsair M65 RGB
    Samaung EVO 850 SSD
    Evolv ATX
    Asus ROG Swift G-Sync 1440p 144hz
    Windows 10 64bit

I'm using an i5 6400 you're using a 6700k overclocking using just the multiplier? Maybe it the memory I'm using? Kingston fury black 2666Mhz.

How are you using a non k bios with a K CPU? I thought we were warned against doing so?

these new final releases support for non K OC?

Thread Information