Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1058 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 5855895810081048105610571058105910601068 ... LastLast
Results 10,571 to 10,580 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    funny that Gigabyte eSupport does not believe me the F20b BIOS is causing the graphics card not to be detected
    I think it's a rumor. This will have a very different background.
    For what you need the Bios F20b ?
    Do you already have a KabyLake-Cpu ?
    Last edited by tomcat_osx; 11-11-2016 at 03:12 AM.

DC Chris is offline Junior Member

Yeah - Ian having the same problems with F20b as I had with A - no video on the cards. Spent a lot of time last night trying to get it to work. Couldn't downgrade but need to get fpt win and try that to get back to F8k. I also emailed support since it's now on their website. Will share what they say. Disappointing that they aren't believing the community.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    Big thanks. Without your help I would still wait for support. You are the best stasio!
    btw: funny that Gigabyte eSupport does not believe me the F20b BIOS is causing the graphics card not to be detected :D
    BIOS F20b for Z170X-Gaming G1 is withdrawn from official GB web site (and here from OP).
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Just a suggestion to try:
    I've been using F20a on my Z170X-Gaming GT since initial problems with it. I had the same issue of the graphics card not being detected after the update to F20a. The thing started working after I had taken out the card just as part of the troubleshooting process and replaced it. Try that, remove the card from its slot for (I had mine out for about 10 minutes) and then replace it. Everything has worked fine since.

Quote Originally Posted by wirp9 View Post
    Just a suggestion to try:
    I've been using F20a on my Z170X-Gaming GT since initial problems with it. I had the same issue of the graphics card not being detected after the update to F20a. The thing started working after I had taken out the card just as part of the troubleshooting process and replaced it. Try that, remove the card from its slot for (I had mine out for about 10 minutes) and then replace it. Everything has worked fine since.
    I ran out of time last night, but my assumption was the UEFI data had the information for the old BIOS and I was looking for a way to refresh it. Since I am on water with SLI, its a pain to remove these heavy cards but I think your idea clearly has some merit. I might give it a go this weekend and I will let you know.

Some info:

No answer back from Gigabyte from a message I sent them over 12 hours ago. I have since seen they have pulled the BIOS. Maybe they wised up once all of the complaints started rolling in.

FPT worked fantastic. If anyone is stuck with F20b, try the recommendation that stasio posted above - this easily downgraded me. Qflash was not working and neither was @BIOS... sometimes @BIOS errored out, sometimes it said I had an old BIOS and to upgrade. Same with QFlash - said I needed a newer BIOS and would not let me go to F20A or F8K... it would allow the reflash to F20b.

I tried a TON of combinations in the BIOS, loading defaults, resetting CMOS, picking PCIe cards to start the video with, etc, etc, etc last night. Nothing I did in the BIOS or windows would make Windows detect my PCIe cards (sans pulling the card as wirp9 suggested.) I guess the bottom line for me is that one should not have to pull cards to update a BIOS. I am back at F8K for both of the BIOS copies for now, but would be willing to try a "C" if tit comes out... or wait to hear what Gigabyte has to say about it.

Chris.

Just got a super lame answer from Gigabyte:

Dear Customer,
    Please do not use the F20b unless you are going to upgrade the CPU, the beta bios is only meant for the upcoming CPU releasing early next year.
    Please stick with the F8 bios unless you have the new CPU then update it first before adding the new cpu

Thank you

Well, maybe eSupport doesn't understand that I am upgrading once the 7700k is out and I am not convinced that changing the CPU will do anything except have the same problem come up later. How am I going to update it if I can't see the screen through my video cards? They posted it on their website - there was no caveat like this. And it was removed.

Very disappointed - this is a cop out answer after I have been a loyal customer for many years.

I am still thinking this has something to do with UEFI data in my current Windows config... I might try to pull the card or install windows 10 on a spare HDD and see if I can't get the cards to detect. Or use Acronis Universal Restore to force the hardware config to flush and redetect. Something is amiss here.

Chris.

sbm_1976 is offline Junior Member

It seems that most of the f20 series bios causing external GPU not to be detected on Gigabyte z170 platform.
    In this forum already user of Gaming G1 , Gaming GT and other posting about the same problem.

What kind of f20 bios Gigabyte are releasing !!!!

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Guys,
    can you try F20d........
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

sbm_1976 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Guys,
    can you try F20d........
    Working with Z170 Gaming G1 with single MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X installed on 1'st PCIe slot.
    XMP is unstable though also CPU Core showing 1.4 even set to 1.235

Atleast got the GFX card working.

Hi stasio - I can happily confirm that F20d worked perfectly on the Gaming G1. Both of my Titan X cards are detected and it restarted and displayed on the monitor right after the flash. THANK YOU! :)

I am still playing around with the BIOS, but initial settings look great. I will post back if I find anything funny.

Thanks again!

Chris.

Thread Information