Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1062 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 6256296210121052106010611062106310641072 ... LastLast
Results 10,611 to 10,620 of 10876

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 latest BCLK o/c enabled Bios?

Hello Everyone,

It's nice to have a place like this.

I've got the Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 which has F4C or D (i cannot remember which one) Bios with BCLK overclock enabled for non-k cpus. I understand since F4 there there have been many Bios iterations.

Do you know if there is a more recent BIOS for this particular motherboard with the non k CPUs BCLK o/c enabled? Can you please share it with me?

Thank you very much.
    Nick

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Danxter View Post
    Hi,

Just updated my Z170 Gaming G1 with F20b and black screen on my 980Ti... I also cannot make my card to work by changing bios parameters...

So, I tried to come back to F8K without success (tried @Bios, QFlash without success)... I also tried FPT but I don't know how it really works :
    - took the file XXXXXX.F8K
    - I put it in Windows64 folder
    - renamed XXXX.F8K to bios.bin (and changed the extension as well)
    -launched as an administrator "autoexec.bat"

and then nothing... Please help me!

Edit : I am an idiot... I used it with the command prompt and all is ok now, back to F8K. Will now leak the forum before doing any update! Thanks for all the solutions on this thread :)
    Hey Danxter, I guess I am an idiot too! I did the same as you and launched from windows. Opening a command prompt as admin and changing directory and just doing autoexec worked like a charm. I went from F20 that gave me BSOD back to F8.

Stasio, you are a life saver, heartfelt thanks from Canada!

These new KabyLake bioses may yet work after going through the "clear CMOS" function.
    My GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) also had the same blank screen problem, but clearing the CMOS (by shorting two pins with power off) returned bios accessibility.
    F20 KabyLake bios is now running fine. No need for resorting to flashing to an earlier bios version.
    Last edited by vailr; 11-22-2016 at 08:22 AM.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by cac2244 View Post
    Hey Danxter, I guess I am an idiot too! I did the same as you and launched from windows. Opening a command prompt as admin and changing directory and just doing autoexec worked like a charm. I went from F20 that gave me BSOD back to F8.

Stasio, you are a life saver, heartfelt thanks from Canada!
    Did anybody try to flash previous BIOS (instead of FTP) ,as I posted earlier......

Have also special EfiFlash.mod to flash BIOS in DOS ,if you have error "Invalid BIOS image".

Efiflash 062-mod

Note:
    Works for Z170,X99,Z97,Z87,X79 and Z77 series.

or
    Load the optimized defaults, restart, press directly into q-flash with "END" and flashed it from there

or
    as vailr says Clear_CMOS first (clean old setting).
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

My support requests and their replies direct from Gigabyte in Taiwan:

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Me: Report on bios upgrade to version F20 for the GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0): Initial boot after flash update via "@bios" was able to access the bios setup.
    Subsequent system boot gave a blank dark screen and no bios access or system boot. With power off, shorted the Clear CMOS pins, and again was able to access bios setup.
    Loaded "optimized default settings", rebooted and again accessed bios setup. This time, worked normally and system booted into Windows.

Also: Dual bios feature was previously accessible via Ctl-F10 at boot-up, to access the backup bios. This board [GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)] does not include a physical switch for selecting the backup bios, as some previous boards did have. How is the backup bios now accessed? Please advise.

Gigabyte: Did you also tried disconnecting the video card and tested with onboard video with the same results?
    If so and clearing the CMOS does not work then there appears to have been bios corruption and you will need to apply for warranty request.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Me: As stated before, the board is functioning now with the new F20 bios. It would seem to be prudent to withrdraw F20 until the "blank screen" error has been resolved. I'm certainly not the only one with this same problem concerning multiple Skylake boards and these KabyLake bios updates.
    My other question about why the secondary backup bios wasn't accessible via Ctl-F10 remains unanswered.

Gigabyte: We had not had any report of such issue with the F20 bios, please provide us with your full system configuration with each hardware and usb devices you have connected onto the motherboard and how often does the issue occur, we can have our team help investigate on this matter.

The UEFI bios structure on these new board does not allow for the backup bios to be accessible manually.
    The backup bios will be on standby and will take over once there is corruption to the primary bios.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

stokon is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by schmety View Post
    you need FPT Z170 Tool for DOS (with bootable USB)....
    https://www.mediafire.com/?p66jhts7cfi26y8

download this first.
    then make bootable usb stick with , in my example "rufus".
    copy those files from link above to usb stick + bios file you want to downgrade.
    i have used backup file which is already named "bios.bin", otherwise rename original downloaded file to bios.bin.
    boot from usb and mine downgrade works just fine.

in my case , i was just downgrade from F20 to F20 beta which was working normal. I didn't try earlier versions.

best

thankyou
    worked well for me
    now i'am using F5 Bios

Firmanator is offline Junior Member

Default Re: P67-DS3-B3 rev 1.0

Hi,
    This is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong thread.. I have done many searches about this board and it seems like I picked a dud all those years ago and that I cant upgrade to an i7-3770K and then overclock it because of an issue with the Hybrid EFi bios and/or the P67 chipset. However, annoyingly this problem only afflicts the revision 1.0 of this board, the rev 2.0 has a beta bios which grants UEFI usability and allows overclocking on Ivy Bridge K cpus. I was wondering if anybody ever found or wrote a custom bios to allow this functionality on the rev 1.0 board.
    A noob question: why can't the bios "id" from the rev 2.0 board beta bios be modified to a rev 1.0 bios if, according to the gigabyte support section for this board, they share the same fundamental bios rom chip? (Note I wouldn't have a clue how to do this lol).
    On a side note for this board, the spec sheet states that it can support up to 2133 ram, but I cannot for the life of me get it to boot at anything other than 1600. Does this mean the memory controller on my 2500K can't support it? I have tried the ram in a different board&cpu (Z97&4690K) and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help, any advice would be appreciated.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

^
    Rev. 1.0 is not capable for UEFI BIOS.
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Firmanator is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the quick response.
    Oh well. Guess I'll soldier on with the 2500K then.
    Was only looking for a reason to upgrade anyway; this motherboard has lasted 5 years and has been faultless apart from this ivybridge overclocking issue. Think I'll keep it til it dies. Though GTA X might be out by then!

Regards,
    Firmanator

Quote Originally Posted by vailr View Post
    The UEFI bios structure on these new board does not allow for the backup bios to be accessible manually.
    The backup bios will be on standby and will take over once there is corruption to the primary bios.
    That doesn't sound very good. Does the long power button press still force recovery from the backup BIOS? I don't think I like the idea of relying on it to recover automatically. I've a Gigabyte board get a corrupted BIOS, and dualBIOS didn't recover automatically. It needed the long press power cycle to force it.

Thread Information