Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1064 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 6456496410141054106210631064106510661074 ... LastLast
Results 10,631 to 10,640 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

My motherboard is GA-Z170-Gaming K3. I'm using F3A bios and have no general problems. There are newer versions of BIOS: F20 and F21. Both of them make serious problem - WOL (wake on lan) doesn't work completely, both from standby and turn-off. With F3A - no problem. I tried default settings and no go.

Moreover F20/F21 prohibits downgrade! Thanks to this forum I was able to downgrade using fpt_DOS-Z170.

I wrote to Gigabyte about this issue, as I faced the same problem with some pre-F21 beta version and they only answered the problem has been forwarded to correct section.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong and there is some new setting that must be changed to allow WOL but I can't figure which one.

Anyone familiar with such an issue?

polypenko is offline Member

This weekend I oncemore tried to see if I could get the Offical F20 bios for my GB Z170x Gaming 7 to work properly.

First did a Cmos than loaded optimized bios settings.

With the F20 bios, my Windows 10 64 bits OS is not stable, the Edge Browsers Freezers up randomly, also my Logitech Wireless Keyboard and
    Mouse become unresponsive.

So I went back to F8o beta bios with the new Bios layout, and this works perfectly.

So whatever I do I cann't get F20 to work with my MB / proc / SSD and operating system.

May I assume F20 will only works with Kabylake new processors?

galen2 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by polypenko View Post
    This weekend I oncemore tried to see if I could get the Offical F20 bios for my GB Z170x Gaming 7 to work properly.

With the F20 bios, my Windows 10 64 bits OS is not stable, the Edge Browsers Freezers up randomly, also my Logitech Wireless Keyboard and

So I went back to F8o beta bios with the new Bios layout, and this works perfectly.

So whatever I do I cann't get F20 to work with my MB / proc / SSD and operating system.

I have same mobo with f20 and i dont have that problems,my windows 10 works fine

Could be that the Wireless Mouse and Keyboard are the problem but I'm not sure.

For the time being witl use F8O beta Bios.

tks.

galen2 is offline Junior Member

Could be that the Wireless Mouse and Keyboard are the problem but I'm not sure.

For the time being witl use F8O beta Bios.

tks.
    i have wirelless mouse, headset, xbox one controller and bt speakers and no problems here.

Very strange indeed.

Just want to report that Iīve flashed this BIOS replacing the previous F7L and my PC is working flawlessly.

GA-Z170X-SOC Force - F20a

Had some issues at the beginning, specially with DDR4 at higher speeds, but using the backup Bios back and forth with the new one the rig became stable and have it with the same level of OC than before. Having said that, nothing too exciting in the new Bios. Interface has changed to some more "modern" style but tbh still not at Asus level. Colors are horrible and feels gimmicky (previous one was more sober and stylish), brings back the "simple" vs "advanced" menus and overall the only clear improvements are the Intel RAID and Fan Control areas, with new more "graphical" interfaces.

Itīs nice to have something to play with, but performance wise itīs basically unchanged.

Andy Crow is offline Junior Member

I have tried the roll back using the fpt_dos-z170 and the f8 bios for my gigabyte z170x gaming 7 but it doesn't work. I need some detailed explanation of what im to do. Someone please help, this is causing my xmp profile to not read 3000mhz and my games FPS are way lower than normal. If I OC my CPU it runs also worse. Help please.

Andy Crow is offline Junior Member

How did you roll back? I've spent hours trying to do so for the same motherboard with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Crow View Post
    How did you roll back? I've spent hours trying to do so for the same motherboard with no success.
    try this
    GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Thread Information