Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1068 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 6856896810181058106610671068106910701078 ... LastLast
Results 10,671 to 10,680 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Sandokan71 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Do you know if there are newer release than F20 for Z170x Gaming 7?
    Last edited by Sandokan71; 01-18-2017 at 09:30 PM.

burnhamjs is offline Junior Member

Is there a list of changes in the F20 BIOS. I am currently running F6 on a Gaming 3, but am curious if I would get better overclocking options (i5 6600k) with the F20. I would just try F20 if I could readily restore to F6 if I didn't like F20. Having a list of changes in F20 would sure make this decision easier.

Quote Originally Posted by burnhamjs View Post
    Is there a list of changes in the F20 BIOS. I am currently running F6 on a Gaming 3, but am curious if I would get better overclocking options (i5 6600k) with the F20. I would just try F20 if I could readily restore to F6 if I didn't like F20. Having a list of changes in F20 would sure make this decision easier.
    Stay away from the F20 bios if you don't have kaby lake. It will pump a lot more voltage through the cpu then needed. Unless you use a fixed voltage it will dump more then 1.5v with similar offests used in the previous bios. I upgraded to that and just tried to use the same overclock settings I had and noticed it was dumping over 1.5v and even showed to peak around 1.6v. I don't know how it didn't kill my cpu but the temps went through the roof. XMP became slightly more problematic as well. I actually had to run it at stock with a negative offset to stop it from pumping 1.44v under load to the cpu. This thread helped me revert back to my previous bios since the f20 isn't supposed to be reversible. I created an account right now despite my feeling about the adds so I can say thank you to everyone who gave tips in this thread. I am finally back to normal voltages and temps thanks to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    Stay away from the F20 bios if you don't have kaby lake. It will pump a lot more voltage through the cpu then needed. Unless you use a fixed voltage it will dump more then 1.5v with similar offests used in the previous bios. I upgraded to that and just tried to use the same overclock settings I had and noticed it was dumping over 1.5v and even showed to peak around 1.6v. I don't know how it didn't kill my cpu but the temps went through the roof. XMP became slightly more problematic as well. I actually had to run it at stock with a negative offset to stop it from pumping 1.44v under load to the cpu. This thread helped me revert back to my previous bios since the f20 isn't supposed to be reversible. I created an account right now despite my feeling about the adds so I can say thank you to everyone who gave tips in this thread. I am finally back to normal voltages and temps thanks to you guys.
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't use AUTO CPU voltage anyway. I had been using a manually set voltage of 1.290V for a 4.6Ghz OC, however, I am now setting CPU Voltage to NORMAL with a DVID of +0.000V (I am going to try a slight negative offset later to see how this behaves)

Anyway - I am still looking for a list of changes in F20 to see if there are improvements that would help with my overclocking.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't use AUTO CPU voltage anyway. I had been using a manually set voltage of 1.290V for a 4.6Ghz OC, however, I am now setting CPU Voltage to NORMAL with a DVID of +0.000V (I am going to try a slight negative offset later to see how this behaves)

Anyway - I am still looking for a list of changes in F20 to see if there are improvements that would help with my overclocking.
    I would like to know that info as well. I tried contacting them explaining my issues and asked what has changed but all I got in response was similar to what I seen in other posts. Basically said I shouldn't have upgraded with a skylake cpu. As long as you are aware of the voltage issue you may be ok with F20 and have better luck overclocking. I only run my oc when I am gaming so I use the standard auto voltage a lot which was problematic. I was hoping the new bios and an offset would allow me to keep the oc on all the time but it was just too inconsistent. With that said using a set voltage I found overclocking much easier on the new bios. I wasn't able to get any higher but unlike the previous bios that would occasionally not post and need a reset to work this one seemed to post every time even with unstable overclocks. Overclocking ram is greatly improved and that is the one thing I am missing going back to f3a. I was able to overclock my 3000mhz cl15 to 3400mhz cl14 at 1.37v with f20 but going back to f3a made just using the xmp profile an accomplishment and couldn't get an ounce more out of it with out going much higher with voltage in a couple areas. I was also able to run the ram overclocked while the cpu was overclocked with f20. F3a never allowed me to do that without really high voltages and even then the overclock was limited to the xmp speed. With f20 there is now 100/133 and 200/233 options that a seem to help pushing the ram.

@stasio

Saw a "GA-X99-Gaming 5P - F23d" in the OP. Can you tell us what the (current) changes are from F22?
    Pride, honour and purity.

Anyways guys have another situation on my hands. Something's leading me to believe my mobo is randomly shutting down and booting back up into bios. I say something because ive already RMA'd two video cards and a PSU and still the problem persists. It also seems to only happen when overclocking at my point of 4.2ghz @1.32vcore and about 1.9 input. None of these settings are by far surprising or unheard of. I dont really think it has to do with an unstable over clock because the pc doesn't freeze, dones't BSOD or not boot. The computer just shuts off as if power were completely removed. As mentioned i am on my 2nd PSU and have tried a 3rd Thermaltake 500w from another build. Anyone ever have any similar symptoms. At reboot at times im taken to the bios screen and get a message "a setting is not compatible" or something along those lines..

Resetting to optimized settings in bios does seem to improve or fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hytin View Post
    Resetting to optimized settings in bios does seem to improve or fix the issue.
    I would try to shut down - unplug PC - clear CMOS - plug back in - and boot. I know this doesn't answer what caused the issue - but will hopefully get you back up and running.

I would try to shut down - unplug PC - clear CMOS - plug back in - and boot. I know this doesn't answer what caused the issue - but will hopefully get you back up and running.
    When will there be a new bios Think is realated to that. There is a option in bios clean power gonna try that eneble.

Quote Originally Posted by hytin View Post
    When will there be a new bios Think is realated to that. There is a option in bios clean power gonna try that eneble.
    what mobo? what BIOS? FYI - you can put this info in your profile.

Thread Information