Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1069 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 6956996910191059106710681069107010711079 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,690 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by burnhamjs View Post
    what mobo? what BIOS? FYI - you can put this info in your profile.
    X99 Ultra gaming

im on F6a and its not stable not even f5 is stable

Unfortunately I have no experience with the x99 platform or their bios but I have encountered this problem for three different reasons on three different computers. One was a psu issue on an older build which had dust buildup inside causing it to overheat and for some reason it would just reset instead of shutdown. Since you replaced yours a couple times that can't be the problem but I did notice you have a 500w psu for that system. What gpu do you have. Is it a possibility your pc could be trying to draw more then the 500w psu can provide at the time of the failure? The second time I had a similar issue was with an asrock z170 pro4 motherboard and honestly don't know what fixed it. It was happening a lot for what seemed like no reason and at random times even when idle. I removed everything except the cpu and dusted everything off and it never happened again. I don't know if the dusting helped or just plugging everything back in and there was a connection issue. The third time was with my current motherboard. It's a z170 gigabyte designare and seemed to only happen under sustained load. Unfortunately I can't say for certain what fixed that either. I tried dusting and reseating everything except the cpu which didn't help so pulled the cpu and noticed a pin seemed to be slightly lower then the rest. I carefully pushed it level with the rest and the issue never came back. The only way that makes sense to me is if the heat caused the pin to lose its spring and the hotter it got the weaker the connection got to the point of it causing a restart in to bios. What do the temps look like on your cpu? Are you also running your ram overclocked? I normally see a bsod if the ram starts generating errors but it is something to consider.

no dust in this system also using a 1300w evga aswell. problem still exist, brand new case traded my 900d

That is a beautiful setup you have there. Have you run SFC / scannow to look for errors yet?

Yepp. Also did a clean install of Windows no chance. The Only new in this build is the x99 board my old one the x99 gaming 7 Wifi dident support 950 pro disk at full speed. Think i refound this one and get the strix soon. Think it is a bios foult whit some of the volts. No new bois for 6 mounth on a new mb is strange

Quote Originally Posted by hytin View Post
    Yepp. Also did a clean install of Windows no chance. The Only new in this build is the x99 board my old one the x99 gaming 7 Wifi dident support 950 pro disk at full speed. Think i refound this one and get the strix soon. Think it is a bios foult whit some of the volts. No new bois for 6 mounth on a new mb is strange
    Check this out The answer to your X99 reboot problems - not a bios but CPU socket problem hopefully that link wont get moderated out but that is one of many I seen addressing a similar issue that was related to bent socket pins with gigabyte x99 boards. It appears to be a common problem for gigabyte x99 platform and is what was the issue with my gigabyte z170. I know it will be difficult with your setup but it may be worth checking to see if any of your pins is slightly off or lower then the others.

I also forgot to ask but when you pc reboots into bios after it crashes is the ram speed lower at 2133mhz or does it stay at the higher speed? With that system I imagine you have higher rated ram so correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    I also forgot to ask but when you pc reboots into bios after it crashes is the ram speed lower at 2133mhz or does it stay at the higher speed? With that system I imagine you have higher rated ram so correct me if I am wrong.
    no it stays the same . if i enter the bios but if i start the system it boots all stock i habe to enter the bios and hit f10 then it boots whit the oc, benn running the system 12h now and game on for 3h it only reboots once a day or so , did check the pins before putting the MB in and it semed allright

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    i been running a game on for the last 14h and no reboot of the system . all i did right now was to raise the core volt of the cpu to 1.35v and inputvolt of 1.85v on 4.2ghz , the old volt for my oc was 1.31v and then a had random reboots in gamplay evru 3h to 4h . so it turns out i loost the silicon lottery a bad overclocker for my 6800K

i think my problem startet with me going over to Brodwell-E so i been having low volts for my och my old 5820K did 4.3ghz on 1,3v so , think i found the problem gonna stress test it a lot today
    Last edited by hytin; 01-22-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hytin View Post
    i been running a game on for the last 14h and no reboot of the system . all i did right now was to raise the core volt of the cpu to 1.35v and inputvolt of 1.85v on 4.2ghz , the old volt for my oc was 1.31v and then a had random reboots in gamplay evru 3h to 4h . so it turns out i loost the silicon lottery a bad overclocker for my 6800K

i think my problem startet with me going over to Brodwell-E so i been having low volts for my och my old 5820K did 4.3ghz on 1,3v so , think i found the problem gonna stress test it a lot today
    I'm glad you got it sorted out. Hopefully everything will show stable for you and maybe even give you enough headroom to hit 4.3ghz at the same voltages. Probably wishful thinking but you never know. I still wouldn't be surprised if some of that is still related to bios like you said. If I use the kabylake update bios in my z170 designare my 6700k will hit the same overclocks at lower voltages and my ram overclocks much better. Unfortunately that bios will try to fry my cpu if I try to run stock so had to roll back. Personally I haven't been all that happy with my gigabyte board.

Thread Information