Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1070 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 7057097010201060106810691070107110721080 ... LastLast
Results 10,691 to 10,700 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

SavageAUS is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Updated to f21c on my Z170x gaming 5 without issue except it wiped out my efi entry for arch linux. Luckily I use clover bootloader.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageAUS View Post
    Updated to f21c on my Z170x gaming 5 without issue except it wiped out my efi entry for arch linux. Luckily I use clover bootloader.
    If it isn't too much trouble would you mind keeping an eye on your vcore voltages if you run stock? I'm curious how it behaves on different boards. My motherboard only had f21 after f20 but both of those tried to kill my cpu with voltage if I ran it stock and left the voltage on auto. If it doesn't fo that on all motherboards then I can have hope they will fix that issue on mine so I can at least get my ram oc's back.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    If it isn't too much trouble would you mind keeping an eye on your vcore voltages if you run stock? I'm curious how it behaves on different boards. My motherboard only had f21 after f20 but both of those tried to kill my cpu with voltage if I ran it stock and left the voltage on auto. If it doesn't fo that on all motherboards then I can have hope they will fix that issue on mine so I can at least get my ram oc's back.
    How would you like me to monitor voltages?

How would you like me to monitor voltages?
    How ever you like. HW64, hwmonitor, or whatever else you like using. I don't want to ask you to run any benchmarks or load tests or anything. I'm just curious what you get for you standard current voltage and what those programs show your max voltage to be after your cpu does something at full load during normal use.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    How ever you like. HW64, hwmonitor, or whatever else you like using. I don't want to ask you to run any benchmarks or load tests or anything. I'm just curious what you get for you standard current voltage and what those programs show your max voltage to be after your cpu does something at full load during normal use.
    This is during a CPU-Z bench and stress.
    GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS-voltages-jpg

CPU-Z at idle but it does fluctuate a little down to 0.792 is the lowest I seen.
    GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS-cpuz-jpg

grilledcheez is offline Junior Member

At least it sounds like I may not be the only one, but I just upgraded from F7 to F20 (Z170X-Gaming 7) and I first noticed I was getting Temp Spikes. My idle temps are now 35C - 40C, before on F7 they were 25C-28C. I seem to get huge spikes all the way up to 65C while idling. I can say that when running witcher 3 before my max temps were normally high 60s, now I'm seeing high 70s, low 80s.

I also noticed my Vcore voltage spiking from 0.830 all the way to 1.38v. I did some reading and Manually set my Vcore voltage to 1.3v, which it was set at automatically. I recall that 1.3v was also the voltage when running auto with F7. This didn't seem to help much as now I only hit 1.378v (a 0.002v difference), but that reduced initial 80C+ temperatures I was first seeing after reboot.

However, still my idles are 10C higher and temps are really spiky. I have no pre-baseline for my voltage, just my temps as mentioned. I'm starting to suspect its voltage related though with the spikes all the way to 1.378v when ever my i7-6700k attempts to Turboboost from 4.0GHz to 4.2GHz.

Any suggestions on how I may correct this on F20?

EDIT:
    Okay, I was wrong, just look at my monitor again, I'm seeing spikes up to 1.415v.
    Last edited by grilledcheez; 01-23-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Full overview from HWMonitor
    GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS-cpu1-jpg

Page 2
    Max I have seen my CPU VCORE at is 1.320 V
    GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS-cpu2-jpg

Page 2
    Max I have seen my CPU VCORE at is 1.320 V
    GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS-cpu2-jpg
    Thank you for that information. It appears the issue seems to be limited to certain models. Your voltages seems to be very good and even better then what mine is in the old bios. Again thank you, that info helps a lot.

Thread Information