Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1072 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 7257297210221062107010711072107310741082 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,720 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #10711
    Sandokan71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    Attachment 8131That is nothing compared to what I just came home to. I put the cpu back to stock with 4.2ghz single core turbo and 4ghz all core. I lowered the offest further to -0.090v and as you can see the cpu still spiked with 1.536v which is insane. I also had hw64 open so was able to look back an hour or two and that voltage is only applied for a very short time but seemed to have happened multiple times. 1.5v+ can not be good for a cpu. I don't know if the short bursts are ok I still imagine over time that could cause issue. I have never seen voltages swing so wildly. My 6700k would have trouble stock at that 1.28v. At least in the old bios it would anyway. My 6700k is definitely not one of the better ones.(Edit: I am back to being extremely concerned about this bios. I don't know if this bios is throwing wrong numbers out or if very short high voltage spikes are nothing to be worried about but twice in the past hour while doing nothing but using chrome I have two spikes of 1.98v. They are very short but still very scary if accurate.)
    1,536v i too high and it is dangerous. May be that your mb provide wrong measure but if you have also high temperatures on standard clock the reading may be true. I do not know if it is related to CPU, BIOS or motherboatrd hardware. I suggest to you to try different BIOS version in the while Gigabyte provide new release. I know that if you set manually Vcore on bios this override CPU Vcore management.
    Last but not least pay make a try setting Load Line Calibration (LLC) to Normal and not High.

  2. #10712
    Sandokan71 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    Attachment 8129This is my info after a -0.075v offset. Still way high on the max underload voltage for the 4.2ghz turbo.
    Anyway there are some unusual voltage reading on +3,3, +5 and +12v. This appens with other software monitors? I'm using HwInfo64 and it works good.
    Last edited by Sandokan71; 01-24-2017 at 04:10 PM.

  3. #10713
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Mount Airy
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan71 View Post
    Anyway there are some unusual voltage reading on +3,3, +5 and +12v. This appens with other software monitors? I'm using HwInfo64 and it works good.
    No, it is just hwmonitor. Hwinfo64 shows everything fine along with most of the other programs. The vcore and temps show the same and it's just easier to make a screen grab with hwmonitor.

  4. #10714
    grilledcheez is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan71 View Post
    Sorry for late reply, here the answer to your questions:

    1) Vcore is set to NORMAL
    2) Dynamic Vcore (DVID) is set to -0,130v. This value need to be evalueted after a lot stability test (I suggest Realbench). I made about 30 different attempt, starting with -0,65v to find the right value for my configuration. VDIV is a different thing. Ignore this (my fault).
    3) Turbo Bost parameters is set x44 (for 1,2,3 and 4 active cores). In F20 on Z170X Gaming 7 turbo boost do not work correctly and all cores go up to the higher multiplier. ie. if you set x44, x42, x42, x42 all cores go up to x44 at the same time (you can test this with a benchmark like the one provided by CPU-Z). This is partially fixed (works only for some multiplier value) on some other Gigabyte mb. I hope that this will be fixed on Z170X Gaming 7, too.

    EDIT: Load Line Calibration (LLC) is set to Normal.
    Thanks for the specifics. Much appreciated.

    I'm away from my computer this week, but I'll give it a try on the weekend.

  5. #10715
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Hi all. I think I'm in trouble now after upgrading my GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) motherboard bios from F7 to the latest F20.

    Before the update, I had RAID enabled for SATA mode (even though I had no raid volumes except Intel's SSD caching). However, after the upgrade, my system would not boot. This was expected because I always know to go in and change the SATA mode in fresh bios from AHCI to RAID. This time, RAID IS NOT AN OPTION anymore. Now all I see is AHCI and Intel RTS Premium. When I changed it to Intel, it still would not boot to OS. Does anyone know what's going on and or if there is another option I should look for in this new bios to get it to work?

    Nw that I look at past posts on this latest bios, I get the feeling that I should start looking for a strategy to revert to older bios... (
    Last edited by twekon; 01-25-2017 at 02:56 PM.

  6. #10716
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Mount Airy
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by twekon View Post
    Hi all. I think I'm in trouble now after upgrading my GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) motherboard bios from F7 to the latest F20.

    Before the update, I had RAID enabled for SATA mode (even though I had no raid volumes except Intel's SSD caching). However, after the upgrade, my system would not boot. This was expected because I always know to go in and change the SATA mode in fresh bios from AHCI to RAID. This time, RAID IS NOT AN OPTION anymore. Now all I see is AHCI and Intel RTS Premium. When I changed it to Intel, it still would not boot to OS. Does anyone know what's going on and or if there is another option I should look for in this new bios to get it to work?

    Nw that I look at past posts on this latest bios, I get the feeling that I should start looking for a strategy to revert to older bios... (
    I hope someone here can help you. I have no raid experience myself but I have gone through the bios and noticed an EZ RAID option and only have achi and intel rst premium options. I'm pretty sure that intel rst is just an intel rapid storage mode. To be clear the ez raid function is not bundled with those options. Have you tried that or know what it does? When I select that it tells me I need to have a raid setup and it will require a reboot. I couldn't go beyond that since I don't have a raid setup but maybe that will help you. If you have any doubts with it please don't use it. I would hate to hear it erased your data or something.

  7. #10717
    Didgesteve is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
    @stasio

    Saw a "GA-X99-Gaming 5P - F23d" in the OP. Can you tell us what the (current) changes are from F22?
    @stasio

    +1

    Can we have some info on this latest release please?
    I would like to help with testing, but am not sure what differences in behaviour I should be looking for.

  8. #10718
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Coming back in early february.......
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  9. #10719
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Hey Stasio, does GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 - F21b support HyperX HX421C14FB/8 ram? thx

  10. #10720
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2

    Smile Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    I hope someone here can help you. I have no raid experience myself but I have gone through the bios and noticed an EZ RAID option and only have achi and intel rst premium options. I'm pretty sure that intel rst is just an intel rapid storage mode. To be clear the ez raid function is not bundled with those options. Have you tried that or know what it does? When I select that it tells me I need to have a raid setup and it will require a reboot. I couldn't go beyond that since I don't have a raid setup but maybe that will help you. If you have any doubts with it please don't use it. I would hate to hear it erased your data or something.
    Thanks for your feedback. I did try the EZ Raid but its just a utility to set up a new raid configuration from BIOS. However, I did figure out what the issue is and was able to log in fine) It turns out that you do need to enable "Intel RSt Premium" now instead of Raid but you need to DISABLE the "Aggressive LPM support" option right under it since it defaults to Enabled. I don't know whats its for but it was prevent me from booting into OS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 175 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 172 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. jelol98,
  3. moff686

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •