Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1073 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 7357397310231063107110721073107410751083 ... LastLast
Results 10,721 to 10,730 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Coming back in early february.......
    The x99-Gaming-5P BIOS? You? Or both? :)

Joking aside, thanks for the belated reply.

As to the reason I asked? No, no, no offense whatsoever? I gave 350bucks so I could do one thing. Just one thing :)
    Press the 'CPU Upgrade' button and OC my i7 6900k. Except what do you know, there is no i7 6900k listed at all! And never mind Gigabyte's saying it is "supported" with F22. Other mobos, of said same range, -do- offer this.

Sad puppy. Sincerely hoping this gets fixed.
    Pride, honour and purity.

Bojamijams is offline Junior Member

Edit:

Found the answer. Must edit intel NIC MAC address. Did that. One thing I'm confused about, is that stasio says go into Q-FLASH by holding END and flash from there but the FPT process recommendation is to just boot from the stick and let it flash with the fpt.exe.

Those of you that rolled back your BIOS from F20, which method did you use?

Original:

Damn it. Upgraded the Gaming 7 from F7 to F20 because I thought official BIOS that were posted on the website for this motherboard would be SAFE for this motherboard, but then I find this thread.

Damn it Gigabyte, you make it hard to love you sometimes.

Either the search is failing me too or nobody posted instructions on how to get back to F7/F8, but do you guys know if its possible?
    Last edited by Bojamijams; 01-30-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Is there any changelog available for those beta version of BIOS?
    I wonder what is inside GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 - F8a, can anyone provide that information?

anyone noticed that load line calibaration doesnt do anything in this update? i can set it to high or auto with the same result i end up droping from 1.296 to 1.284 on loadline high or auto. dont think i had this much vdrop in the old bios but not 100% sure
    Last edited by demon09; 01-31-2017 at 07:56 AM.

polypenko is offline Member

When can we expect Beta bioses for the new Z270 motherboards?

Tks.

Quote Originally Posted by demon09 View Post
    anyone noticed that load line calibaration doesnt do anything in this update? i can set it to high or auto with the same result i end up droping from 1.296 to 1.284 on loadline high or auto. dont think i had this much vdrop in the old bios but not 100% sure
    Yeah I noticed it with the F20 bios on the Z170-Gaming7 and also with the F8 that I rolled back to. 1.38V in BIOS with LLC HIgh and it goes down to 1.356V on Load.

I see a couple of knowledgeable folks here, so let me hijack the thread (sorry!) for just this one question? I -did- make a proper post about it, 5 days now and no reply, lol..

On my x99-gaming-5p, the system agent offset only goes from 0.0 to +0.6. Considering the number of posts, official included, mentioning values of +1.2 / +1.3, i'm feeling left out.
    What i'm trying to understand is whether this is a board 'limitation', or there is some other.. parameter(?) i'm currently missing. Any clues? Because, if there -is- something i'm missing, someone has to tell me how to do the math.. got a vccio as well to consider. Typically for Gigabyte, their mobo manual is for s&*t.

edit: to clarify, logic dictates that it being an offset, there's a fixed value, subtracted from the VRIN total, already circulating. Problem being that none of the three temp monitors i've tried seem to locate it. Further googleing reveals that all software monitors function the same way, ie they will not show a vcssa value unless one has been put in, in the BIOS, by you. Catch 22. Seeing my offset in a monitor isn't helping if i'm not aware of the "original" value, hence my asking. Of course i'm new to all this, may well be something simple i'm missing :)

And again, apologies for the hijacking.
    Last edited by Aenra; 02-05-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Please help!

I searched all over the internet, I have not found a solution.

My motherboard: gigabyte z170-hd3-CF
    My current BIOS: F20

How to roll back it to F6?

That's what I tried:
    1. gigabyte q-flash - illegally, you have a recent version.
    2. ftp_DOS-Z87 - did not help:
    - Flash fat32
    - Files from ftp_DOS-Z87 in stick without subfolders
    - BIOS file Z170HD3.F6 rename in bios.bin
    - When running flash message: "an operation system was not found Try disconnecting any drivers that do not."

Help me, please downgrade F6.
    Last edited by nommura8; 02-05-2017 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
    I see a couple of knowledgeable folks here, so let me hijack the thread (sorry!) for just this one question? I -did- make a proper post about it, 5 days now and no reply, lol..

On my x99-gaming-5p, the system agent offset only goes from 0.0 to +0.6. Considering the number of posts, official included, mentioning values of +1.2 / +1.3, i'm feeling left out.
    What i'm trying to understand is whether this is a board 'limitation', or there is some other.. parameter(?) i'm currently missing. Any clues? Because, if there -is- something i'm missing, someone has to tell me how to do the math.. got a vccio as well to consider. Typically for Gigabyte, their mobo manual is for s&*t.

edit: to clarify, logic dictates that it being an offset, there's a fixed value, subtracted from the VRIN total, already circulating. Problem being that none of the three temp monitors i've tried seem to locate it. Further googleing reveals that all software monitors function the same way, ie they will not show a vcssa value unless one has been put in, in the BIOS, by you. Catch 22. Seeing my offset in a monitor isn't helping if i'm not aware of the "original" value, hence my asking. Of course i'm new to all this, may well be something simple i'm missing :)

And again, apologies for the hijacking.

Download Rufus

Put an empty USB stick in there, choose FREEDOS as bootable image type and MBR as partition type
    After it is done making the drive, now copy all your fdp files into root folder with your bios.bin
    now choose boot from USB

Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    Download Rufus

Put an empty USB stick in there, choose FREEDOS as bootable image type and MBR as partition type
    After it is done making the drive, now copy all your fdp files into root folder with your bios.bin
    now choose boot from USB
    Thanks for replying :)
    I get the Rufus part, got Daemon Tools Ultra to make bootables with. Aaand, that's all i get from your post..
    Assuming you're kind:
    - what are fdp files and what do you mean 'mine'? Googled ".fdp extension", but nothing bios related
    - what is the purpose of doing all this? You've lost me entirely
    (assuming this is of import, got latest BIOS, after getting it, i first cleared CMOS manually, i then loaded optimized defaults. And only then did i touch anything)
    Last edited by Aenra; 02-07-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Thread Information