Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1074 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 7457497410241064107210731074107510761084 ... LastLast
Results 10,731 to 10,740 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Bojamijams is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
    Thanks for replying :)
    I get the Rufus part, got Daemon Tools Ultra to make bootables with. Aaand, that's all i get from your post..
    Assuming you're kind:
    - what are fdp files and what do you mean 'mine'? Googled ".fdp extension", but nothing bios related
    - what is the purpose of doing all this? You've lost me entirely
    (assuming this is of import, got latest BIOS, after getting it, i first cleared CMOS manually, i then loaded optimized defaults. And only then did i touch anything)

I'm sorry, I meant to quote user nommura8 and give suggestions to his problem, not yours :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    I'm sorry, I meant to quote user nommura8 and give suggestions to his problem, not yours :/
    lol, no problem. Shame you didn't explain though, am curious. And who knows, may come in handy eventually.
    Pride, honour and purity.

Question Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster. First of all, let me thank the whole community and the many willing members that help others achieve awesome tweaks !

Second, I don't understand the full scope of this thread but I do understand beta BIOSes are made available by some great people to fulfill some users needs in regards to their machines. I tried to find an updated (or beta) BIOS for my Gigabyte Rev 1.6 GA-EX58-UD3R ( GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.6) - GIGABYTE - Motherboard , Graphics Card , Laptop ,Tablet , Mini-PC , Server , PC Peripherals and more ) but there seems to be none listed here. I do have the latest BIOS version installed (version FK). But why do I need an updated BIOS ? Well, I bought a replacement for my trustworthy i7 920. It is a Xeon L5639 ( Intel Xeon L5639 - AT80614005076AB ) with the code SLBZJ . Great hexa core CPU but I'm having some staibility issues I didn't have with the former i7 920.

I have the following issues:
    - No matter the SPD or XMS profile I set, the BIOS post always says RAM is running at 1333Mhz.
    - I can't set BCLK above 166 or else windows gets unstable.
    - Even without changing default settings, sometimes I get BIOS post messages, stating defaults were loaded because of voltage, timings or overclock reasons (hence I was on fail-safe settings).
    - Even without changing default settings, sometimes I get BSOD's in windows 10. I've bought new RAM and plan to reinstall windows (probably that's the reason).

The RAM I'm using is 12GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3-2133 (3x4GB) https://www.cclonline.com/content/pd...n44w-3d-3d.pdf and they're recognized by the system and windows.

I really hope someone can help me. This issues are due to, probably, this CPU not being officially supported by Gigabyte. Nevertheless, It would be great to have some BIOS update of some sort, that would resolve most of the problems I'm facing.

Thank you all in advance ;)

Cheers,
    maia
    Last edited by maia; 02-07-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: missing url

Quote Originally Posted by polypenko View Post
    When can we expect Beta bioses for the new Z270 motherboards?
    Some beta bioses are already being posted for some of the 200 series boards.
    Example:
    GA-Z270MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Motherboard , Graphics Card , Laptop ,Tablet , Mini-PC , Server , PC Peripherals and more

F2f
    5.40 MB
    2017/01/26
    Beta BIOS
    V core voltage adjust

F2d
    5.40 MB
    2016/12/28
    Beta BIOS
    Improve high speed XMP compatibility

F1
    5.39 MB
    2016/11/28
    First Release

emm, where is the catch?
    I tried bios F8o for Gaming 7 with microcode 74 and I can not overclock i5 6500. After that I replaced microcode with 3A in F8o with UBU and I still cant overclock the cpu.
    Bios restarts and ask to "load default settings".

Hi, Stasio.
    My motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5, CPU Intel Core™ i7-7700, bios F20 and F21c. Why CPU frequency does not drop to 800MHZ? Minimum processor speed 1100МГц.
    Last edited by Tandem; 02-12-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Weble is offline Junior Member

Anyone have any issues using a 47 multi on their 6700k with the gaming 7 and F20 bios?

Weble is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by maia View Post
    Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster. First of all, let me thank the whole community and the many willing members that help others achieve awesome tweaks !

Second, I don't understand the full scope of this thread but I do understand beta BIOSes are made available by some great people to fulfill some users needs in regards to their machines. I tried to find an updated (or beta) BIOS for my Gigabyte Rev 1.6 GA-EX58-UD3R ( GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.6) - GIGABYTE - Motherboard , Graphics Card , Laptop ,Tablet , Mini-PC , Server , PC Peripherals and more ) but there seems to be none listed here. I do have the latest BIOS version installed (version FK). But why do I need an updated BIOS ? Well, I bought a replacement for my trustworthy i7 920. It is a Xeon L5639 ( Intel Xeon L5639 - AT80614005076AB ) with the code SLBZJ . Great hexa core CPU but I'm having some staibility issues I didn't have with the former i7 920.

I have the following issues:
    - No matter the SPD or XMS profile I set, the BIOS post always says RAM is running at 1333Mhz.
    - I can't set BCLK above 166 or else windows gets unstable.
    - Even without changing default settings, sometimes I get BIOS post messages, stating defaults were loaded because of voltage, timings or overclock reasons (hence I was on fail-safe settings).
    - Even without changing default settings, sometimes I get BSOD's in windows 10. I've bought new RAM and plan to reinstall windows (probably that's the reason).

The RAM I'm using is 12GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3-2133 (3x4GB) https://www.cclonline.com/content/pd...n44w-3d-3d.pdf and they're recognized by the system and windows.

I really hope someone can help me. This issues are due to, probably, this CPU not being officially supported by Gigabyte. Nevertheless, It would be great to have some BIOS update of some sort, that would resolve most of the problems I'm facing.

Thank you all in advance ;)

Cheers,
    maia
    Maia if you check your cpu specs you will see that the memory controller only supports up to 1333mhz. You will need to manually overclock it to get higher speeds. Also its a Xeon and its not really meant for fast ram since its a server chip. Its all about stability and ECC ram. you might just be stuck with 1333 which is not really a bad thing. Have you tried to just lower the timing to compensate for the loss in MHz, the XMP profile might already be doing that for you

EDIT: supporting evidence that your fine with 1333. Check here Games - DDR3-1333 Speed and Latency Shootout
    Last edited by Weble; 02-14-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bovcan View Post
    emm, where is the catch?
    I tried bios F8o for Gaming 7 with microcode 74 and I can not overclock i5 6500. After that I replaced microcode with 3A in F8o with UBU and I still cant overclock the cpu.
    Bios restarts and ask to "load default settings", if I try to OC with BCKL.
    Nobody have any idea?

Thumbs up Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Weble View Post
    Maia if you check your cpu specs you will see that the memory controller only supports up to 1333mhz. You will need to manually overclock it to get higher speeds. Also its a Xeon and its not really meant for fast ram since its a server chip. Its all about stability and ECC ram. you might just be stuck with 1333 which is not really a bad thing. Have you tried to just lower the timing to compensate for the loss in MHz, the XMP profile might already be doing that for you

EDIT: supporting evidence that your fine with 1333. Check here Games - DDR3-1333 Speed and Latency Shootout
    Hi there ! And thanks for the reply. Meanwhile, I figured that out. I thought that, by changing the SPD multiplier, I would get the speeds I wanted but I guess I was wrong.

What I did was pushing BCLK to 160, choose the right XMP profile (I was aiming for 1600Mhz) and leave most of the other options unchanged. I had some issues at first and pushed CPU voltage a little bit and it didn't help. What helped was pushing QPI voltage from 1.15v to 1.24v. After that, I even lowered CPU voltage back to normal. CPU is at 2880Mhz and RAM at 1600Mhz. System is rock solid and I'll probably push it a little higher in the coming days. Wish me luck ;)

Cheers
    Last edited by maia; 02-14-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information