Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1076 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 7657697610261066107410751076107710781086 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,760 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

How do you force dualBIOS restore from backup BIOS on F20+? Holding the power button isn't working anymore. This a hypothetical issue I raised earlier in this thread, and now it's become a real issue thanks to gigabyte's bugridden bioses.

From what I've gathered reading this thread you don't use the dualBIOS to force it. You must use the flashing program linked earlier and the most recent non-F20 BIOS for your board.

Speaking of BIOSes. Does anyone know why the Gigabyte Z170-UD5-TH board BIOS that is linked here isn't the most recent one? It is still inking to the F20b (the beta bios version of the F20 BOIS).

Anyone with the f20 bios and kaby lake CPUs notice any clock over 5ghz won't stick I can put 51 in the multiplyer and it just does 50. Maybe they put a limit or it could just be a bug

I enabled Secure Boot on my Z170 Designare with F20, and this has effectively bricked the board. The board is now stuck in a perpetual boot loop with no on-screen POST. As soon as the LED code gets to 97, the board restarts. CMOS clear, 24 hr battery removal and hardware swaps/removals have all failed to restore the board. I cannot manually initiate DualBIOS restore either

So far I've found two other reports of the exact same issue from users of different Gigabyte Z170 boards, both on F20:

Z170X-UD3:

Today I updated my BIOS version to F20, everything was fine. Then I went to the BIOS to enable Secure Boot.
    After restarting, the motherboard doesn't post, the screen doesn't light up at all, and therefore I can't enter the BIOS. I can see in the debug LED that it goes through a bunch of codes and stops at code 97.
    Code 97 bootloop - no post no matter what I try - Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips

Z170X-UD5:

As part of this I also flashed the BIOS to F20. Everything was fine. I secure erased my SSDs, and then randomly was poking around in the freshly reset BIOS before reinstalling Windows and for some random reason decided to enable secure boot. This has promptly caused my motherboard to bootloop indefinitely. It gets to code 97 and then cycles off.
    Did I kill my motherboard? - AnandTech Forums

I've had to RMA my board. Gigabyte support said that they were going to try to replicate the isse, but I haven't heard back yet. I don't know if F21+ BIOSes fix the issue, and I'm not about to risk my second board testing it. Think twice before enabling Secure Boot on F20 boards.

Luck ran out
    Last edited by demon09; 03-28-2017 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demon09 View Post
    Frick gusse I am lucky on my gaming 5 z170x as I have sucure boot enabled and my computer still works fine. weird thing is code 97 is when it is out putting to the monitor so no idea why its sticking there
    Are you on F20?

I am hearing about a f21 bios. But i have looked and only thing i can find is f20 which i am currently on. does the f20 bios include kabylake updates or something or fixes for other stuff?

Didgesteve is offline Junior Member

Hi,
    has anyone any news on the X99Gaming5P test bios f23d?
    I did try and load it via USB and renaming it to .bin, but this failed.
    Where would I find a change log for this update?

Thanks.

marlonws is offline Junior Member

Please, anyone know which page or how to give a Downgrade on Z170X GAMING 3 card Rev 1.1, currently I am in the BIOS, no problem just F21B some bugs to control the cooler, but this current BIOS does not have the Wake On Lan option, and it seems to me that the BIOS F7 had.

Quote Originally Posted by marlonws View Post
    Please, anyone know which page or how to give a Downgrade on Z170X GAMING 3 card Rev 1.1, currently I am in the BIOS, no problem just F21B some bugs to control the cooler, but this current BIOS does not have the Wake On Lan option, and it seems to me that the BIOS F7 had.
    For direct from the master: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Page 1061 has some GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Thread Information