Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1079 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 795799791029106910771078107910801081 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,790 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan71 View Post
    Yes, I know. But what are the advantages to disable asmedia sata? Just to know if this can be useful to me (in the case it is possible to do)
    Because hate asmedia sata -.,-

If install asmedia sata driver then boot slow

Sandokan71 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by choory View Post
    Because hate asmedia sata -.,-

If install asmedia sata driver then boot slow
    Ok! I will check.
    Anyway, have you made a check with standard windows drivers intead of gigabyte's one?

Ok! I will check.
    Anyway, have you made a check with standard windows drivers intead of gigabyte's one?
    Not window driver asmedia sata

station driver install asmedia driver

Quote Originally Posted by choory View Post
    Not window driver asmedia sata

station driver install asmedia driver
    Version? I'm actually on 3.1.6.0 there are also 3.1.8.0 and 3.1.9.0 (whql versions).

P.S. There are no options to disable asmedia sata controller on F21 bios.

Version? I'm actually on 3.1.6.0 there are also 3.1.8.0 and 3.1.9.0 (whql versions).

P.S. There are no options to disable asmedia sata controller on F21 bios.
    Thank you so much!!

I'm having issues with myi5 6600k and Gigabyte z170 UD5. I updated from F5 to F22 with voltage fix and wanted to take take advantage of the fan curves. My memory will not run right at all under this new bios which is Corsair LPX 2x8gb 3000mhz. When you put the profile on XMP it shows 3000mhz but when you reastart the PC it only goes to 2800Mhz and i get hard freezes in Windows where you have to physically flip the power off. i tried putting in everything manually and it still can't get it to 3000mhz. I want to know how to downgrade to the old version F5. i know i seen something about FPT tool and possibly having to hex edit the NIC for the MAc address. Someone who will guide me would be appreciated. This is driving me bonkers. I'm about fed up with Gigabyte. There should be a legit way to fall back to a older bios besides hacking at it.

Please take time to check if there is something wrong with your bios setting. For example clear the CMOS and then try your XMP with all other setting on AUTO/default (load optimized default). If you are not able to edit BIOS with HEX editor it is better to avoid FPT. Using FPT and HEX editor it is easy but it easy to make errors too.

Fran_K2 is offline Junior Member

Where download last version BIOS from GA-Z170X-SOC Force ?

Gigabyte.us only have F20d Beta

Well my z170x gaming 5 v1.1 Mobo took a crap today on the f20 bios. It has been fine for so long.I did a CMOS clear. And now it wont post it hits 97 on the led then powers off and starts again In a loop. I have tried all the ways to force backup bios to no avail. I even removed my GPU and tried I GPU,removed 1 ram stick tried all slots and then again with the other stick. Removed all hard drives. Then removed wifi card. And even tried leaving out the battery for over 10 mins. And tons of methods supposed to force backup bios. I have tried all the steps I could find many times. Really sad at this point as I can't wait 3-7days for gigabyte to reply once then another 3-7 days ago and to confirm rma+shipping time and even more time for repair.went threw everything in the book and am ready to just buy another Mobo and never go gigabyte again

Quote Originally Posted by oubadah View Post
    I enabled Secure Boot on my Z170 Designare with F20, and this has effectively bricked the board. The board is now stuck in a perpetual boot loop with no on-screen POST. As soon as the LED code gets to 97, the board restarts. CMOS clear, 24 hr battery removal and hardware swaps/removals have all failed to restore the board. I cannot manually initiate DualBIOS restore either

So far I've found two other reports of the exact same issue from users of different Gigabyte Z170 boards, both on F20:

Z170X-UD3:

Code 97 bootloop - no post no matter what I try - Troubleshooting - Linus Tech Tips

Z170X-UD5:

Did I kill my motherboard? - AnandTech Forums

I've had to RMA my board. Gigabyte support said that they were going to try to replicate the isse, but I haven't heard back yet. I don't know if F21+ BIOSes fix the issue, and I'm not about to risk my second board testing it. Think twice before enabling Secure Boot on F20 boards.
    should have listened to this guy as all was fine with secure boot tell today when I did a CMOS clear and now I hit the same code 97 and boot loop. I was told by support all is fine with secure boot but I would not enable it if I was you

Thread Information