Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1080 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 805809801030107010781079108010811082 ... LastLast
Results 10,791 to 10,800 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

I finally got my Corsair lpx 2x8gb 3000mhz ram working on the F22 bios and everything is stable so far (still testing). Before i would set my XMP profile and reboot and it would only boot at 2800mhz and was locking Windows 10 up where i had to physically flip the switch on the power supply. What i had to do to fix this was set the XMP profile then manually punch in 30 for the multiplier to get 3000mhz and also manually set the DDR Voltage which will only let your put in 1.360v. It will not let you punch in the rated 1.35v for some reason. I checked it with my Multimeter and it reads 1.344v. After i did that it fired up and i been testing with Memtest. so far so good.

One thing i would like to point out regarding voltages and i think ALOT do not know this. i happen to find out after hours of pain and suffering and research. Here's the thing. If you leave VCCIO and VCCSA on Auto it will pump wayyyyyy tooo much voltage when run at 3000mhz on my ram. i checked again the readings on the board with my meter and with VCCIO on auto it was pumping 1.250V (bios reading) 1.240v (meter reading) and for VCCSA it was pumping 1.296v(bios reading) 1.286v (meter reading) on auto settings. I read many places you should keep VCCIO default voltage of 0.960v and VCCSA default voltage of 1.060V if your not running over 3000mhz ram not unless there is some bugs with your bios or board.

I'm running 3000mhz now with default VCCIO and VCCSA with no problems so far and have my i5 6600k at 4.4ghz. Still testing but please look into your setup closer if your curious. You will be surprised what you find when you dig deep. Just glad things are working now but Gigabyte can still do a hell of a better job on the bios end of thing.

I just got this Skylake system about 2 weeks ago, so i admit it's been a learning experience since i been a Sandy Bridge i5 2500k user since 2012. I got some pointers though if your using the UD5 Gigabyte board.

Anyway hope this helps any poor soul from the torture i've endure the last few days trying to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by demon09 View Post
    went threw everything in the book and am ready to just buy another Mobo and never go gigabyte again
    Sadly and honestly, Gigabyte's bios and and software development are completely crap and totally messed up for years now and it's deteriorating.
    I would recommend Asrock, nearly the opposite of Gigabyte. Bitter irony that a former budget brand from Asus is now way better than a former leadership which got too fat, too lazy, too clumsy, too arrogant, too incapable....

Dinya Rezanov is offline Junior Member

Hi. I HAVE i5-6500 processor and the motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H DDR3.I used F4d version. how do I check for updates?

AdamC is offline Junior Member

Does anyone know what has changed in the F21 BIOS for the Z170XP-SLI board.
    The description on the website only says, and I Quote: "V core Voltage adjust", It is not even a proper sentence. and provides little information.

I read many bad things about the F20 bioses in general, and I am thinking that the F21 was released in order to fix voltage issues CAUSED BY the F20 BIOS....

Or does this 'voltage adjust' apply to the board in general and would improve stability. I am running F6, I am not sure if I should risk it.
    Does anyone have any other information about the F21 update for Z170XP-SLI? Other then providing Kaby Lake support.

valensole is offline Junior Member

GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 - F10d i need this bios files. anyone upload this file? thank you

Weble is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
    The description on the website only says, and I Quote: "V core Voltage adjust", It is not even a proper sentence. and provides little information.

I read many bad things about the F20 bioses in general, and I am thinking that the F21 was released in order to fix voltage issues CAUSED BY the F20 BIOS....

Or does this 'voltage adjust' apply to the board in general and would improve stability. I am running F6, I am not sure if I should risk it.
    Does anyone have any other information about the F21 update for Z170XP-SLI? Other then providing Kaby Lake support.
    I am running F21 on my Z170 Gaming 7 board with no issues. The F20 was horrid but they seemed to fix it all in F21

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC View Post

All it changes is the amount of voltage it applies when set to auto. For my board the last bios would push insanely high vcore when left on auto even at stock speeds. It even pushed 1.5v for short periods and generally stayed above 1.4v under load. After the new bios the voltages are 1.23v on auto now. It runs much better and seems to be very stable. I'm on the z170x designare coming from bios f21 to f22 but the note for f22 was the same "V core Voltage adjust" you see. It took much longer then it should have for them to fix the issue but it seems to have been fixed and working well. I just wish they would fix the XMP light not working on my board. Since the kabylake compatible bios versions that light no longer works.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    All it changes is the amount of voltage it applies when set to auto. For my board the last bios would push insanely high vcore when left on auto even at stock speeds. It even pushed 1.5v for short periods and generally stayed above 1.4v under load. After the new bios the voltages are 1.23v on auto now. It runs much better and seems to be very stable. I'm on the z170x designare coming from bios f21 to f22 but the note for f22 was the same "V core Voltage adjust" you see. It took much longer then it should have for them to fix the issue but it seems to have been fixed and working well. I just wish they would fix the XMP light not working on my board. Since the kabylake compatible bios versions that light no longer works.
    Was it setting 1.5v-1.4v with optimized default?

Quote Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post
    Was it setting 1.5v-1.4v with optimized default?
    Yes, it didn't matter if I chose load optimized settings or if I manually set the vcore to auto. It would show 1.23v or 1.25v next to it but would always push much more then that. The temps also increased so the high vcore readings weren't off. Just to continue using that bios I had to do a -0.10v offset which generally stayed under 1.36v. If I overclocked and manually set the voltage everything was fine. I'm really surprised I haven't seen any mention of cpu's getting damaged. Now with the new bios load optimized settings or auto vcore keeps my cpu around 1.23v and works as intended. I did just notice turbo doesn't seem to be working anymore. That could be from the new windows update since that messed up so many things so I am not sure if it is bios related.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    Yes, it didn't matter if I chose load optimized settings or if I manually set the vcore to auto. It would show 1.23v or 1.25v next to it but would always push much more then that. The temps also increased so the high vcore readings weren't off. Just to continue using that bios I had to do a -0.10v offset which generally stayed under 1.36v. If I overclocked and manually set the voltage everything was fine. I'm really surprised I haven't seen any mention of cpu's getting damaged. Now with the new bios load optimized settings or auto vcore keeps my cpu around 1.23v and works as intended. I did just notice turbo doesn't seem to be working anymore. That could be from the new windows update since that messed up so many things so I am not sure if it is bios related.
    What does the turbo show on your kaby Lake?

Thread Information