Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1080 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 80580980103010701078107910801081108210901130 ... LastLast
Results 10,791 to 10,800 of 11369

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Weble is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
    Does anyone know what has changed in the F21 BIOS for the Z170XP-SLI board.
    The description on the website only says, and I Quote: "V core Voltage adjust", It is not even a proper sentence. and provides little information.

I read many bad things about the F20 bioses in general, and I am thinking that the F21 was released in order to fix voltage issues CAUSED BY the F20 BIOS....

Or does this 'voltage adjust' apply to the board in general and would improve stability. I am running F6, I am not sure if I should risk it.
    Does anyone have any other information about the F21 update for Z170XP-SLI? Other then providing Kaby Lake support.
    I am running F21 on my Z170 Gaming 7 board with no issues. The F20 was horrid but they seemed to fix it all in F21

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
    Does anyone know what has changed in the F21 BIOS for the Z170XP-SLI board.
    The description on the website only says, and I Quote: "V core Voltage adjust", It is not even a proper sentence. and provides little information.

I read many bad things about the F20 bioses in general, and I am thinking that the F21 was released in order to fix voltage issues CAUSED BY the F20 BIOS....

Or does this 'voltage adjust' apply to the board in general and would improve stability. I am running F6, I am not sure if I should risk it.
    Does anyone have any other information about the F21 update for Z170XP-SLI? Other then providing Kaby Lake support.
    All it changes is the amount of voltage it applies when set to auto. For my board the last bios would push insanely high vcore when left on auto even at stock speeds. It even pushed 1.5v for short periods and generally stayed above 1.4v under load. After the new bios the voltages are 1.23v on auto now. It runs much better and seems to be very stable. I'm on the z170x designare coming from bios f21 to f22 but the note for f22 was the same "V core Voltage adjust" you see. It took much longer then it should have for them to fix the issue but it seems to have been fixed and working well. I just wish they would fix the XMP light not working on my board. Since the kabylake compatible bios versions that light no longer works.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    All it changes is the amount of voltage it applies when set to auto. For my board the last bios would push insanely high vcore when left on auto even at stock speeds. It even pushed 1.5v for short periods and generally stayed above 1.4v under load. After the new bios the voltages are 1.23v on auto now. It runs much better and seems to be very stable. I'm on the z170x designare coming from bios f21 to f22 but the note for f22 was the same "V core Voltage adjust" you see. It took much longer then it should have for them to fix the issue but it seems to have been fixed and working well. I just wish they would fix the XMP light not working on my board. Since the kabylake compatible bios versions that light no longer works.
    Was it setting 1.5v-1.4v with optimized default?

Quote Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post
    Was it setting 1.5v-1.4v with optimized default?
    Yes, it didn't matter if I chose load optimized settings or if I manually set the vcore to auto. It would show 1.23v or 1.25v next to it but would always push much more then that. The temps also increased so the high vcore readings weren't off. Just to continue using that bios I had to do a -0.10v offset which generally stayed under 1.36v. If I overclocked and manually set the voltage everything was fine. I'm really surprised I haven't seen any mention of cpu's getting damaged. Now with the new bios load optimized settings or auto vcore keeps my cpu around 1.23v and works as intended. I did just notice turbo doesn't seem to be working anymore. That could be from the new windows update since that messed up so many things so I am not sure if it is bios related.

Yes, it didn't matter if I chose load optimized settings or if I manually set the vcore to auto. It would show 1.23v or 1.25v next to it but would always push much more then that. The temps also increased so the high vcore readings weren't off. Just to continue using that bios I had to do a -0.10v offset which generally stayed under 1.36v. If I overclocked and manually set the voltage everything was fine. I'm really surprised I haven't seen any mention of cpu's getting damaged. Now with the new bios load optimized settings or auto vcore keeps my cpu around 1.23v and works as intended. I did just notice turbo doesn't seem to be working anymore. That could be from the new windows update since that messed up so many things so I am not sure if it is bios related.
    What does the turbo show on your kaby Lake?

What does the turbo show on your kaby Lake?
    I have skylake and it shows exactly what it always showed. With f21 I had to go in and manually set 42,40,40,40 for all the cores to get it working but that no longer works with the f22 bios that fixed the voltage. The f22 bios for my board sounds like the f21 voltage fix for your board. If I roll back to pre kabylake bios versions it all works perfectly but overclocking isn't as good and ram overclocking is much worse. The kabylake compatibility bios versions helped ram out a lot in my case and also allowed me to get my same cpu overclocks with slightly lower vcore and temps then before which is why I stuck with it. Like I said though, it may be a windows issue. This creators update has been nothing but a giant pita and clean installed multiple times since realtek audio drivers permanently destroys the sound and uninstall the drivers won't fix it in my case.

I have skylake and it shows exactly what it always showed. With f21 I had to go in and manually set 42,40,40,40 for all the cores to get it working but that no longer works with the f22 bios that fixed the voltage. The f22 bios for my board sounds like the f21 voltage fix for your board. If I roll back to pre kabylake bios versions it all works perfectly but overclocking isn't as good and ram overclocking is much worse. The kabylake compatibility bios versions helped ram out a lot in my case and also allowed me to get my same cpu overclocks with slightly lower vcore and temps then before which is why I stuck with it. Like I said though, it may be a windows issue. This creators update has been nothing but a giant pita and clean installed multiple times since realtek audio drivers permanently destroys the sound and uninstall the drivers won't fix it in my case.
    Thanks for all the information, looks like there is some trouble. If I try updating to F21 how can I go back to F6?

Thanks for the information. Looks like there is trouble with F21. If I upgrade to F21 how can I go back to F6?

Thanks for the information. Looks like there is trouble with F21. If I upgrade to F21 how can I go back to F6?
    I'm pretty sure f21 is the good one for your board. I have the z170x designare and my f22 bios is about the same as all the others f21 bios. If it is the one that says voltage adjust then it is the good one and you shouldn't have anything to worry about except the possibility of turbo not working. I'm still messing with that but really think it is a windows issue. At this point I would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you want to do any ram overclocking. It is much better for overclocking then the older skylake only bios versions. With that said it still may not be the best choice if you plan to overclock you cpu. I know the first couple bios versions for a lot of boards allowed non k sku overclocking and if your current bios has that updating it will remove that feature. I know bios f6c for your board has non k sku overclocking so yours might and if so I would just stick with it. Anything past f6c for your board removes non k overclocking as far as I know. You won't be able to push ram as far but at least you can push that cpu. I know my sons i5 6400 will hit 4.6ghz easily so never even bothered updating his bios. If you do update it is an entirely different process to roll back to the older skylake only bios versions. If you end up updating the bios and want to roll back just ask and I will see if I can either find the tools or at least get you a link on how to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    PeterHurn,

Read my post #10570 (3 pages back)

Revod,

you need FPT Z170 Tool for DOS (with bootable USB)....
    fpt_DOS-Z170

Btw,
    so far read on other forum, that flash to previous BIOS works only as bellow:

Load the optimized defaults, made a restart, press directly into q-flash with "END" and flashed it from there.
    Hello sir, im in need of your help. I flashed F21 bios but i cannot revert to F5 now. Before i try to downgrade with FPT, i want to make sure not to brick my MOBO. It supports Gbe Lan chip, and i am skeptical about flashing it, if i mess up the MAC Address... So if you can explain to me what to do, would be great. Thanks. The board is GA-z170-HD3P with i5 6500.

Thread Information