Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1081 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 815819811031107110791080108110821083 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,810 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post
    What does the turbo show on your kaby Lake?
    I have skylake and it shows exactly what it always showed. With f21 I had to go in and manually set 42,40,40,40 for all the cores to get it working but that no longer works with the f22 bios that fixed the voltage. The f22 bios for my board sounds like the f21 voltage fix for your board. If I roll back to pre kabylake bios versions it all works perfectly but overclocking isn't as good and ram overclocking is much worse. The kabylake compatibility bios versions helped ram out a lot in my case and also allowed me to get my same cpu overclocks with slightly lower vcore and temps then before which is why I stuck with it. Like I said though, it may be a windows issue. This creators update has been nothing but a giant pita and clean installed multiple times since realtek audio drivers permanently destroys the sound and uninstall the drivers won't fix it in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcrunch08 View Post
    I have skylake and it shows exactly what it always showed. With f21 I had to go in and manually set 42,40,40,40 for all the cores to get it working but that no longer works with the f22 bios that fixed the voltage. The f22 bios for my board sounds like the f21 voltage fix for your board. If I roll back to pre kabylake bios versions it all works perfectly but overclocking isn't as good and ram overclocking is much worse. The kabylake compatibility bios versions helped ram out a lot in my case and also allowed me to get my same cpu overclocks with slightly lower vcore and temps then before which is why I stuck with it. Like I said though, it may be a windows issue. This creators update has been nothing but a giant pita and clean installed multiple times since realtek audio drivers permanently destroys the sound and uninstall the drivers won't fix it in my case.
    Thanks for all the information, looks like there is some trouble. If I try updating to F21 how can I go back to F6?

Thanks for the information. Looks like there is trouble with F21. If I upgrade to F21 how can I go back to F6?

Quote Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post
    Thanks for the information. Looks like there is trouble with F21. If I upgrade to F21 how can I go back to F6?
    I'm pretty sure f21 is the good one for your board. I have the z170x designare and my f22 bios is about the same as all the others f21 bios. If it is the one that says voltage adjust then it is the good one and you shouldn't have anything to worry about except the possibility of turbo not working. I'm still messing with that but really think it is a windows issue. At this point I would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you want to do any ram overclocking. It is much better for overclocking then the older skylake only bios versions. With that said it still may not be the best choice if you plan to overclock you cpu. I know the first couple bios versions for a lot of boards allowed non k sku overclocking and if your current bios has that updating it will remove that feature. I know bios f6c for your board has non k sku overclocking so yours might and if so I would just stick with it. Anything past f6c for your board removes non k overclocking as far as I know. You won't be able to push ram as far but at least you can push that cpu. I know my sons i5 6400 will hit 4.6ghz easily so never even bothered updating his bios. If you do update it is an entirely different process to roll back to the older skylake only bios versions. If you end up updating the bios and want to roll back just ask and I will see if I can either find the tools or at least get you a link on how to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    PeterHurn,

Read my post #10570 (3 pages back)

Revod,

you need FPT Z170 Tool for DOS (with bootable USB)....
    fpt_DOS-Z170

Btw,
    so far read on other forum, that flash to previous BIOS works only as bellow:

Load the optimized defaults, made a restart, press directly into q-flash with "END" and flashed it from there.
    Hello sir, im in need of your help. I flashed F21 bios but i cannot revert to F5 now. Before i try to downgrade with FPT, i want to make sure not to brick my MOBO. It supports Gbe Lan chip, and i am skeptical about flashing it, if i mess up the MAC Address... So if you can explain to me what to do, would be great. Thanks. The board is GA-z170-HD3P with i5 6500.

Quote Originally Posted by Initial.D View Post
    Hello sir, im in need of your help. I flashed F21 bios but i cannot revert to F5 now. Before i try to downgrade with FPT, i want to make sure not to brick my MOBO. It supports Gbe Lan chip, and i am skeptical about flashing it, if i mess up the MAC Address... So if you can explain to me what to do, would be great. Thanks. The board is GA-z170-HD3P with i5 6500.

fpt_DOS-Z170
    -download this first.

-then make bootable usb stick with , in my example "rufus".
    -copy those files from link above to usb stick + bios file you want to downgrade.
    -i have used backup file (saved old bios bin) which is already named "bios.bin", otherwise rename original downloaded bios file to bios.bin.
    -boot from usb (bios settings)

fpt_DOS-Z170
    -download this first.

-then make bootable usb stick with , in my example "rufus".
    -copy those files from link above to usb stick + bios file you want to downgrade.
    -i have used backup file (saved old bios bin) which is already named "bios.bin", otherwise rename original downloaded bios file to bios.bin.
    -boot from usb (bios settings)
    What about messing the Realtek Gbe Lan MAC Address? Or it won't affect z170 MB with Realtek Gbe Lan chip? Thanks again.

Dinya Rezanov is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Hi. I HAVE i5-6500 processor and the motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H DDR3. where to get bios for motherboard with Non-K. thank you very much, I hope for your feedback!

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Dinya Rezanov View Post
    Hi. I HAVE i5-6500 processor and the motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H DDR3. where to get bios for motherboard with Non-K. thank you very much, I hope for your feedback!
    http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi...h-ddr3_f4c.zip
    or
    http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi...h-ddr3_f4d.zip

GIGABYTE Z170 Non-K Overclocking Guide - Overclocking.Guide
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Can someone please explain in ABSOLUTE DETAIL the process of rolling back from a bios that is at or past a bios revision with a "*This BIOS prohibits updating to earlier version BIOS" message appended to it. My exact situation is as follows:

M/B: GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
    CPU: 6700k
    SSD: Samsung 950 Pro

I am trying to roll back from my motherboard's f22 bios to f4.

What I have done:

I have meticulously followed every guide using the ftp z170 files in combination with the f4 file for a bootable USB or usage in q-flash (Those are my only options, explained later). The problem is that when I try to boot from the USB it just cycles into the bios instead of automatically rolling back the bios like many people said it would. So next I go into q-flash, where I can point to the renamed f4 file (bios.bin) as per many guides instructions. When I try to q-flash, I still receive the error; "The current BIOS image is outdated. Please update your BIOS to the latest version!".

I must solve this issue via the bios q-flash utility or by directly booting something? because the f22 bios wreaked so much havoc on my w7 install (which was a clean install), that I can't move the mouse properly or have the computer register any drives I plug in. USB 3.0 Drivers were not properly installed during installation (checked in device manager) as well, so I literally get to stare at the most fubar copy of windows 7 (@the desktop) and can't install anything via USB to try flashing from inside the windows environment.

I made an account to post this so forgive any noobness in regards to how this forum operates. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thread Information