Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1084 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 845849841034107410821083108410851086 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,840 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #10831
    H4ndy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Is it already known if Gigabyte will release new BIOS/UEFI firmwares to fix the Skylake/Kabylake Hyperthreading Errata that was just disclosed?

    Errata: SKZ7/SKW144/SKL150/SKX150/SKZ7/KBL095/KBW095
    "Short Loops Which Use AH/BH/CH/DH Registers May Cause Unpredictable System Behavior."

    Problem: "Under complex micro-architectural conditions, short loops of less than 64 instructions that use AH, BH, CH or DH registers as well as their corresponding wider register (e.g. RAX, EAX or AX for AH) may cause unpredictable system behavior. This can only happen when both logical processors on the same physical processor are active."

    Implication: "Due to this erratum, the system may experience unpredictable system behavior."


    Full details se [WARNING] Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake processors: broken hyper-threading

  2. #10832
    Weble is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by H4ndy View Post
    Is it already known if Gigabyte will release new BIOS/UEFI firmwares to fix the Skylake/Kabylake Hyperthreading Errata that was just disclosed?

    Errata: SKZ7/SKW144/SKL150/SKX150/SKZ7/KBL095/KBW095
    "Short Loops Which Use AH/BH/CH/DH Registers May Cause Unpredictable System Behavior."

    Problem: "Under complex micro-architectural conditions, short loops of less than 64 instructions that use AH, BH, CH or DH registers as well as their corresponding wider register (e.g. RAX, EAX or AX for AH) may cause unpredictable system behavior. This can only happen when both logical processors on the same physical processor are active."

    Implication: "Due to this erratum, the system may experience unpredictable system behavior."


    Full details se [WARNING] Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake processors: broken hyper-threading
    I would also like to know if this will be fixed on the Z170 Gaming 7 boards heck all the boards really

  3. #10833
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Hi Stasio.

    In a post from October of 2016 (pages 1053 & 1054 of this thread) , you answered the question "what has changed in GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 - F8a BIOS?" When I install that beta, it reports that it is a bios from November of 2015. Do you know if there is anything more recent for the Gaming 5?

    I have had a longstanding problem with reboots and freezes after sleep and it is my understanding that this was a known issue with the Z97 boards and that bios fixes went out in mid-2016 for all of the Z97 boards beginning with the F11c BIOS for the UD5H. However, it appears that the Gaming 3 and Gaming 5 boards never received the fix.


    Do you have any information on this?
    Last edited by davpel; 07-01-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Formating Issue

  4. #10834
    galen2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Espaņa
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Weble View Post
    I would also like to know if this will be fixed on the Z170 Gaming 7 boards heck all the boards really
    i asked to gigabyte one week ago.

    Gigabyte germany said to me they will contact me when they will get any info about new bios update with updated cpu microcode to solve hypertheading.

  5. #10835
    irome is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    hi for the ga-p67a-ud7 has uefi bios(u1d)??

    my english very bad thanks

  6. #10836
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Looks like I near(?)bricked my GA-X79-UD5

    I had a lot of problems with F13w bios, and followed this thread (and other forum specifically on X79-UD5) on downgrading with AFUDOS (Afuwinx64)

    It flashed F12 bios without error and then failed to boot. Instead of F12 I got crippled Intel PXE boot environment.
    Q-flash by [END] key does not work
    DualBios failed to restore (I suspect, there was backup corruption).

    The only hope - PXE accesses SATA, but fails booting windows (probably because of core SYS drivers, like AHCI etc.)

    Is there a way to restore the mobo? Any fail-safe boot mode?
    At least bringing back F13w...

  7. #10837
    galen2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Espaņa
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    gigabyte motherboards with 270 chipset are getting new beta bios with ht issue fixed with new cpu microcode. I hope gigabyte dont forget 170 chipset users...

  8. #10838
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by galen2 View Post
    gigabyte motherboards with 270 chipset are getting new beta bios with ht issue fixed with new cpu microcode. I hope gigabyte dont forget 170 chipset users...
    BIOS for at least one 170 chipset is now released supposedly: GA-Z170M-D3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

    All links however are broken at the moment.

  9. #10839
    galen2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Espaņa
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by SBeaver View Post
    BIOS for at least one 170 chipset is now released supposedly: GA-Z170M-D3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE

    All links however are broken at the moment.

    Yep, its true, my z170 gaming 7 just get F22f bios with new cpu microcode and link works.

    EDIT: flashed and working without problems.
    Last edited by galen2; 07-12-2017 at 06:20 AM.

  10. #10840
    fpm1703 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    The link to the GA-X99-SLI F23 bios incorrectly points to the F23 bios for the GA-X99P-SLI.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 185 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 182 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. Nhawk,
  3. ROKUGAN

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •