Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1085 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 8558598510351075108310841085
Results 10,841 to 10,850 of 10850

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Bojamijams is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

F22f on my Z170X-Gaming7 is HORRIBLE

Offset voltage bug is back and feeding me 1.45V when the offset from 1.245 is only 0.135

I cannot enter BIOS anymore. WIndows 10's restart to UEFI no longer works on this bios. Doesn't matter if its fast boot or normal boot, will NOT enter bios withour a CMOS clear.

Now I have to do all that aggravating **** with that utility (name escapes me) so I manually enter my MAC address so I can go back to F8.

God damn it Gigabyte, get your **** together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    F22f on my Z170X-Gaming7 is HORRIBLE

Offset voltage bug is back and feeding me 1.45V when the offset from 1.245 is only 0.135

I cannot enter BIOS anymore. WIndows 10's restart to UEFI no longer works on this bios. Doesn't matter if its fast boot or normal boot, will NOT enter bios withour a CMOS clear.

Now I have to do all that aggravating **** with that utility (name escapes me) so I manually enter my MAC address so I can go back to F8.

God damn it Gigabyte, get your **** together.
    What offset bug are you talking about, I don't understand?

Bojamijams is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post
    What offset bug are you talking about, I don't understand?
    You can either set a manual voltage for your CPU or offset it from the VID. If I choose offset, it doesn't apply a proper one as it should be 1.38 from the values I listed but instead was 1.45V

I manually changed it to 1.38 and it stays that now, but the offset functionality is not working properly with Skylake

Globespy is offline Junior Member

Sorry if this has been asked but this thread is kinda long!

I saw that for my GA-Z170X (Rev 1.0) that a new BIOS v22d was released June 30th on the Gigabyte site.
    I'm assuming this has something to do with fixing the errata issue?

I previously had to downgrade my BIOS from v21 back to v6 as v21 was very unstable when trying to do even modest OC's. v6 has been very stable in comparison, minus the occasional issue when using the Gigabyte automatic 4.5ghz OC on my 6700k - yeah I know that I should do manula OC but despite all the stuff about voltages running too high, the automatic version actually runs better than most of the OC setups I've tried, so go figure.

Is it crucial that I update to this new v22d BIOS version, or is this errata issue blown out of proportion?

I have a full system image on a thumb drive so can have my system restored within 5 minutes if the worst happened.

Appreciate any feedback on whether v22d is stable and worth upgrading?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    You can either set a manual voltage for your CPU or offset it from the VID. If I choose offset, it doesn't apply a proper one as it should be 1.38 from the values I listed but instead was 1.45V

I manually changed it to 1.38 and it stays that now, but the offset functionality is not working properly with Skylake
    I had sky lake 2 weeks ago and offset works fine. I just don't go by what the Bios says for offset I use software utilities for final voltage verification. DVID/Adptive/offset works perfectly for sky lake kaby lake, it the same on all manufactures, it goes by VID using load and clock speed for scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Globespy View Post
    Is it crucial that I update to this new v22d BIOS version, or is this errata issue blown out of proportion?
    Need to know the exact CPU being used to give a useful answer to that question.

Globespy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by vailr View Post
    Need to know the exact CPU being used to give a useful answer to that question.
    i7 6700K

Dinya Rezanov is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    I have only F5a:
    Z170MD3HDDR3.5a
    On this BIOS can be done overclocking?

benjamen50 is offline Junior Member

The BIOS: GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 - F7 when I try to flash in BIOS it says invalid bios flash file. I tried redownloading it same problem. Is it OKAY to try to flash the bios using @BIOS instead?

hdfj is offline Junior Member

Hi, i want to modify the cpu clock ratio to 44 from 39 in a f9 bios for gigabyte sniper m3 z77, what do i need
    the cpu is non k and his id is 06A9
    Last edited by hdfj; 1 Week Ago at 05:14 PM.

Thread Information