Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 109 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

The F8B BIOS for the Gigabyte UD5 has a problem.

When I set voltage manually to 1.13125v it goes to 1.21250v after a few reboots? Wth?

|Other settings:

21x 181 blck
    Mem multipler x8
    Uncore x18
    HT on , Turbo on

Energy saving options all off.
    Last edited by mudkip; 06-15-2009 at 11:24 PM.

In that case, I say,

Boo!!!!

A little prayer:

Please, Powers-that-be in Gigabyte Land, Please consider that it would be nice to inversely link my FSB to my RAM... Everything else about Your Most Holy of Product is Bar None, Top Notch, Wondergear. Why not take the extra step towards Legend?

Unless there is some technical reason that prohibits this at some fundamental Physical level...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex St. John
    Consider for a moment that what we think of as “intelligence” is the byproduct of a computing architecture that depends on massive parallelism to interact with the world in real time without stalling for progress bars. If our ancestors’ brains had depended on running Vista on current dual-core processors for their survival, they would have been eaten by bears.

Best Quote Ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Chucko is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by grishkafool View Post
    Please, Powers-that-be in Gigabyte Land, Please consider that it would be nice to inversely link my FSB to my RAM... Everything else about Your Most Holy of Product is Bar None, Top Notch, Wondergear. Why not take the extra step towards Legend?

Unless there is some technical reason that prohibits this at some fundamental Physical level...
    The P45 chipset doesn't support this. This isn't a fundamental Physical level, it's a deliberate design choice by Intel. Sorry, your FSB has to run at least as fast as your RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Hi stasio---Any info on when we will see updates for the EX58-UD4P? I've been at 9A for several weeks now......
    Hope soon
    Ooo, looking forward to that. Hopefully people will get their Turbo working and proper CAS reporting after an S3 sleep/resume! Perhaps WOL will work better also :)
    i7 920 C0/C1 3841A
    24/7 OC: 21x183Mhz = 3.84Ghz @ stock Vcore/QPI voltages
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme 1366
    3x2GB OCZ DDR1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK
    EX58-UD4P BIOS F11
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 55nm 896-P3-1257-AR
    Antec NEO HE 550 Power Supply

Ok... I will go away then...

should've bought a board that supports DDR3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex St. John
    Consider for a moment that what we think of as “intelligence” is the byproduct of a computing architecture that depends on massive parallelism to interact with the world in real time without stalling for progress bars. If our ancestors’ brains had depended on running Vista on current dual-core processors for their survival, they would have been eaten by bears.

Best Quote Ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Quote Originally Posted by AHPD View Post
    From what i'm experiencing by myself, F10 to F11a doesn't add anything noticeable.

F11a to F11b, There's an option to save your bios on HDD for recovery purposes, but if you wanna test this, have a USB stick with the F11a bios on it, it's completely broken, somehow corrupts itself, can't overclock, can't do anything, but you can see Dual Bios recovery feature working, in other words, nothing to fear.

F11b to F11c, besides a fully functional bios, comparing to F11b garbage, not a hundred percent sure but you can save a profile in your HDD, not just in your Bios, useful when you do a Clear CMOS and don't want to lose all your profile data with your overclocked setting.

And still no fix in Smart Fan Value, it keeps reseting to disabled every time you go in M.I.T or enter the bios, it's annoying because everytime i need to remember to set this.
    And not having chance to controlling another fan is a minus, looking forward to see it in newer bios.

Best regards.
    Never thought about quoting myself, might be stupid, but regarding changes to F10 to F11a, there's some improvements in memory detection, it's faster and no longer presents a one second hang in detection, who displays the first three digits and after a second display the rest of characters, now displays all numbers regarding installed memory at once.

If i remember correctly, there's some improvements too when you manage profiles, the color scheme has changed to a nice one and other cosmetic changes.

And F11c has the ability to save profiles in an USB thumbdrive, i believe you can save a thousand of profiles there

And if you want to downgrade F11c using the Q-Flash built-in, you should downgrade directly to F10, and if you want to upgrade to F11c from F10, you should flash F11a, than F11c.

F11c is so far the best Bios for EP45-DS3R, even in beta stage it added features, great job from Gigabyte, more stable than whatsoever "stable" F10.

Best regards. André Sato.

I have found its much safer to use the Q-Flash system to Flash your BIOS, then ever using @BIOS. IMO after having problems with @BIOS.
    Any time you can use the on-board / built in system, it just works much better.

Mike

Is new AHCI BIOS coming for GA-EP45-UD3P?

Hi guys!

It's possible to flash a x58-extreme with an ud5 bios?

Sorry for my bad english...

DON3

Interesting

Thread Information