Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1133 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 13363310331083112311311132113311341135 LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,330 of 11344

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

As limitation on 1st page.......

X299X

X299X AORUS XTREME WF - F3g
    X299X AORUS MASTER - F3c
    X299X DESIGNARE 10G - F3c

Other board on request....
    Z390 AORUS Master,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Yes....all Z390 BIOS updated... no changelog atm.
    Hi Stasio, thank you for releasing new bioses.

Z390 Master F11b:
    Not sure what is different from F10.

The same bugs from F10 are still here, though :(

1) Ram tREFI setting-->values higher than 9998 do not work. Sets it to 65534.
    2) CPU PLL Overvoltage +mv: missing still
    3) CPU Core Current Limit (Amps): missing
    4) CPU/VAXG Protection (100mv-400mv): missing
    5) Turbo Per Core Limit Control -->Core Limit ratio values are missing

(not critical bug but)
    6) Internal VR Control: Only AC/DC Loadline values work. The other settings do not do anything (e.g. VR Current Limit, IMON Slope/Offset (for CPU Package Power reporting), TDC, PS Current Threshold 1/2/3, etc).

By the way, I found out what Turbo Per core Limit Control does. It can specify the turbo boost ratio limits (when turbo boost core ratios are enabled) to set them to a specific physical core.
    E.g. if you have a 1 core turbo ratio of x51, you can specify which exact core that x51 is applied to, or if you have a 2 and 3 core turbo ratio of x50 and 4 and 5 turbo core ratio of x49, you can
    specify which physical core they are applied to. Someone else on OCN found this out for us, and it works on F9 and the f10 old betas. The ratio values are missing here though (they can be seen in AMIBCP 5.02.0031). One person on OCN used it to set maximum core turbo ratios on the strongest cores.
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 12-18-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    Gigabyte Aorus Master

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

Z390 Master F11b:

(not critical bug but)
    6) Internal VR Control: Only AC/DC Loadline values work. The other settings do not do anything (e.g. VR Current Limit, IMON Slope/Offset (for CPU Package Power reporting), TDC, PS Current Threshold 1/2/3, etc).

By the way, I found out what Turbo Per core Limit Control does. It can specify the turbo boost ratio limits (when turbo boost core ratios are enabled) to set them to a specific physical core.
    E.g. if you have a 1 core turbo ratio of x51, you can specify which exact core that x51 is applied to, or if you have a 2 and 3 core turbo ratio of x50 and 4 and 5 turbo core ratio of x49, you can
    specify which physical core they are applied to. Someone else on OCN found this out for us, and it works on F9 and the f10 old betas. The ratio values are missing here though (they can be seen in AMIBCP 5.02.0031). One person on OCN used it to set maximum core turbo ratios on the strongest cores.
    Thanks, already send your obversation to GB HQ......
    Z390 AORUS Master,
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    Win 10 x64

Z390 Master F11b:

(not critical bug but)

New Z390 beta BIOS posted,it fixes some of the issues above.

DVID is not fixed yet though.
    Z390 AORUS Master,
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New Z390 beta BIOS posted,it fixes some of the issues above.

DVID is not fixed yet though.
    Thank you very much for entire Gigabyte team's hard work!

I think the DVID issue when changing back to fixed or auto vcore modes, from a previous DVID mode, is a bug (feature?) with the AMI Base Bios.

"Overclocking Performance Menu" allows you to set adaptive mode (new option appears: Additional Turbo Voltage) or Override mode.
    But in override mode, offsets can still be used! And if you had an offset applied in adaptive mode, when you switch to override mode, the previous offset is still there.

This has been tested on unlocked MSI and Clevo laptops.
    To use override mode, you have to set the offset to 0mv if you don't want an offset.

The Gigabyte AMI basebios has the same options there (Overclocking performance menu, hidden AMI Menu), so that may be the cause of the issue (Guessing).
    Gigabyte Aorus Master

streetwolf is online now Junior Member

Thank you very much for entire Gigabyte team's hard work!

I think the DVID issue when changing back to fixed or auto vcore modes, from a previous DVID mode, is a bug (feature?) with the AMI Base Bios.

"Overclocking Performance Menu" allows you to set adaptive mode (new option appears: Additional Turbo Voltage) or Override mode.
    But in override mode, offsets can still be used! And if you had an offset applied in adaptive mode, when you switch to override mode, the previous offset is still there.

This has been tested on unlocked MSI and Clevo laptops.
    To use override mode, you have to set the offset to 0mv if you don't want an offset.

The Gigabyte AMI basebios has the same options there (Overclocking performance menu, hidden AMI Menu), so that may be the cause of the issue (Guessing).
    Where are you finding the Overclocking Performance Menu in the UEFI?

Please lower the default voltage for the 9900K processor by at least 0.02V. Thanks.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

Quote Originally Posted by streetwolf View Post
    Where are you finding the Overclocking Performance Menu in the UEFI?
    It's not exposed to the user in the UEFI.

It's in the AMI Bios capsule.

You can view it by using AMIBCP 5.02.0031 but you can't edit the full original downloaded Gigabyte file or it's an instant brick if you try to flash, so do NOT try to save it if you view it. period. If you want to be safe, make your own UEFI capsule dump. The Asus bios also has this exact menu there too.

You can edit your own capsule dump (without a brick) by dumping with FPTW64 -d bios.bin -BIOS (flash programming tool from win-raid.com forums) and then using AMIBCP 5.02.0031, then using -f -bios to flash it back,
    but they still won't appear in the UEFI. But at least you can view what's there :) I tried setting the menu to supervisor and user and then flashing it. Didn't brick but it's not visible.

(the people on win-raid know how to make it appear but that's at your own risk). There is some method involving amisetup extractor or something and then moving around menus to make them visible. You'll have to ask over on win-raid. I was going to have Lost_N_Bios help me but I chickened out.

Some person on a recent thread wanted this menu visible with the XI Gene, because they wanted the PLL Voltage trim settings visible and I think two people made edits for him but only one made the menu visible (they had to do some sort of extraction and reinsertion, I know nothing about it, it's confusing).
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 12-19-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    Gigabyte Aorus Master

Shonk is offline Junior Member

Z390 M Gaming Bios F8 + F9e + F9g

Serial Port isnt exposed to the bios so it cant be disabled

It would also be nice to be able to disable the PS2 Port as i presume its taking irq 12 when not in use

Can this get passed onto gigabyte

Its actually present in the bios just hidden as i have managed to glitch the serial port flag into favorites
    which i wont go into here as i dont want the glitch fixed incase they never re insert it

GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS-serial-jpg
    Last edited by Shonk; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonk View Post
    Z390 M Gaming Bios F8 + F9e + F9g

Serial Port isnt exposed to the bios so it cant be disabled

It would also be nice to be able to disable the PS2 Port as i presume its taking irq 12 when not in use

Can this get passed onto gigabyte

Its actually present in the bios just hidden as i have managed to glitch the serial port flag into favorites
    which i wont go into here as i dont want the glitch fixed incase they never re insert it

GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS-serial-jpg
    Please check your PM when you have time! If your PM isn't opening, please spill the beans for us :) I can use this trick. (want to add HPET)
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:20 AM.
    Gigabyte Aorus Master

Thread Information