Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 129 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

This is what am facing :

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ex-5...-vs-f8d-32886/

I have tried diffrent voltages etc with no luck what so ever . i have tried both the UD5 - F8D bios as well as Extreme's F8f bios and the same issue is seen.
    With f7 bios it just Overclocks !

using a C0 stepping CPU.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you try less voltages or just more? Are you using XMP or not? If you are, I suggest you do it manually.

I know they added memory enhancements in the latest beta's, which should have made yours more compatible anyway (Those are Hyper IC's in those sticks right?)

Anyhow, didn't Ghz mod you a F7 BIOS with the new ROM's? If so, just use that and be happy, I know I would instead of going through all the hassles you are now.

Hello LSD, I noticed when I flash bios with SPIFlash, it doesn't clear DMI? it is better to use Qflash?

Agree , will stick to F7 with modded AHCI rom by GHz.

What does Hyper ICs stand for ?

I just recived my new triple channel OCZ OCZ - OCZ3P1600LV6GK Kit . I will be installing these in some time now ,do these have the Hyper ICs?

The DIMMS am presently using are old ones , OCZ 1800 MHz - 1.9V modules (triple channel) , which am running at 1066 MHz (not overclocking them), so looks like these modules dont have the Hyper ICs.

Do you think the issue is due to these DIMMS? The Epic Overclocking failures with F8d BIOS?

You should not be using SPIFlash anyway really, so yes.

But just so you know, it can be used with the normal switches I believe, but again I would suggest you use Qflash for sure. There is a reason SPIFlash was not made publicly available, if you mess it up it can kill both your BIOS's at once which of course would leave you in RMA Land

Normal Switch's, to be used in Dos with Flash895, FlashSPI, Ect
    /py /sn /cd /cc /ck /r /f ect.

/PY = program flash memory / program yes
    /SN = don't save existing BIOS / save no
    /CD = clear DMI data after programming / Clear DMI
    /CC = clear CMOS data after programming. / Clear CMOS
    /R = reset system after programming / Reboot

Extra
    /CP = clear PnP (ESCD) data after programming
    /QI = use BIOS I.D. string from BIOS .bin file

/f = flash/Force << Not needed, be careful when using to be sure you know what you are flashing/doing

To view all of the modifiers for AWDFLASH.EXE, type the following at a DOS prompt:

AWDFLASH.EXE /?

What you would want to use for FlashSPI, to clear the DMI/CMOS would be
    FlashSPI BIOSFileName /py /sn /cc /cd /r

@ Nforce

Hyper IC's is just what I thought maybe your ram chips were. IC is the actual ram (Integrated Circuit), Hyper is a model of IC by Elpida.

You'd have to look at the actual chips to be sure, or Google around as I am not sure since I do not use that brand nor do I often pay attention to comments on it. I would guess NO the old 1.9V are for sure not Elpida Hyper IC's, the new ones you mention may or may not be but I do suggest you use the triple channel kit as it was made for your board and the older 1.9V Sticks are for sure not
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-06-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You should not be using SPIFlash anyway really, so yes.

But just so you know, it can be used with the normal switches I believe, but again I would suggest you use Qflash for sure. There is a reason SPIFlash was not made publicly available, if you mess it up it can kill both your BIOS's at once which of course would leave you in RMA Land

Normal Switch's, to be used in Dos with Flash895, FlashSPI, Ect
    /py /sn /cd /cc /ck /r /f ect.

/PY = program flash memory / program yes
    /SN = don't save existing BIOS / save no
    /CD = clear DMI data after programming / Clear DMI
    /CC = clear CMOS data after programming. / Clear CMOS
    /R = reset system after programming / Reboot

Extra
    /CP = clear PnP (ESCD) data after programming
    /QI = use BIOS I.D. string from BIOS .bin file

/f = flash/Force << Not needed, be careful when using to be sure you know what you are flashing/doing

To view all of the modifiers for AWDFLASH.EXE, type the following at a DOS prompt:

AWDFLASH.EXE /?

What you would want to use for FlashSPI, to clear the DMI/CMOS would be
    FlashSPI BIOSFileName /py /sn /cc /cd /r
    Thanks LSD, what about "FlashSPI" found on gigabyte? is there difference compared to "SPIFlash" and in the previous post you said to fix a problem with previous bios with the D0 bug you have to use "SPIFlash" only?

YES FlashSPI and SPIFlash are two very different things, FlashSPI is meant for the public, SPIFlash is used internally by Gigabyte and is NOT meant for the public.

You can safely use FlashSPI as it was meant for end users that is why it is included with your BIOS downloads. Keep in mind, safely applies only when you follow normal safe flashing procedures and do not use the /f switch

And yes, I did say you may need to use SPIFlash, that is why I said if that comment applied to you for you to PM me about it so our discussion would not carry on here and confuse the general public about FlashSPI and SPIFlash

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    YES FlashSPI and SPIFlash are two very different things, FlashSPI is meant for the public, SPIFlash is used internally by Gigabyte and is NOT meant for the public.

You can safely use FlashSPI as it was meant for end users that is why it is included with your BIOS downloads. Keep in mind, safely applies only when you follow normal safe flashing procedures and do not use the /f switch

And yes, I did say you may need to use SPIFlash, that is why I said if that comment applied to you for you to PM me about it so our discussion would not carry on here and confuse the general public about FlashSPI and SPIFlash
    I don't know if I'm affected with the bios bug so I have to use "FlashSPI" or not? I used bios EX58-UD4P F8 / F9b / F9a, if I want to go back to F9a I can safely use QFlash? or better use "FLashSPI"?

You are not affected because you are not using a D0 CPU so you have not worries.

You can use Qflash or FlashSPI. Only affected users who flashed the broke BIOS "MAY" have to use SPIFlash not FlashSPI to correct the issue. This does not apply to you anyway so you may use either. Just use Qflash and disable "Keep DMI Data"

I'm using D0 CPU and only used the bios I stated [F8 / F9a / F9b], didn't use any other bios's.

How I can know if I'm affected or not?

Thread Information