Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624641145141014 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Thanks for the updates so far. I have an I7 920 on a GA-EX58-UD5. With bios F3, there was always an MCE(machine check exception) logged once after every boot, but since when I updated the bios to F4l(first update I tried), the MCE didn't get logged anymore. It seemed a bios problem from the beginning, because it was very strange to see an MCE logged only once per boot, exactly after every boot.
    Another problem remains though, I can't reboot from Linux(and I heard other people with the same problem), because, if I reboot, the system enters an endless cycle of power-on and power-off, so I'm always forced to power-off(shutdown -h -P now).

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Update new BIOS:
    GA-EX58-UD3R - F2 First release
    GA-EX58-UD4 - F2 First release
    Info:
    GA-EX58-Extreme - F4p in test
    Edit:
    For those with vdroop
    GIGABYTE X58 vdroop pencil-mod
    Official GA-EP45-UD3P - BIOS F6
    Last edited by stasio; 12-21-2008 at 07:36 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

I got my GA-EX58-Extreme a couple of days ago. (i7 920, OCZ ddr3 Gold 1600 1x3g, HD3870). First, with F3 bios (factory installed), everything was perfect. I used multi-booting set with Linux/Vista enabling AHCI with my 4 HDDs.
    Then, I found out this site and newer beta bios F4l & F4m.
    I flashed it. After, I can't use AHCI mode at all.

Once I enabled SATA RAID/AHCI mode with SATA Port0-3 Native Mode (enable), USB Keyboard & Mouse (enable), Onboard SATA/IDE Device (enable), Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl (enable), the system hangs at "Varyfying DMI Pool DMA.....Updated."

I reset the power, but I can't even go into bios setup. I was able to reflash to go back standard bios F3, but still the same. If the system hangs again, I've to reflesh to get into bios and set as default setting. Now, I'm using Vista alone. But I need to get back onto my dual booting with AHCI on.

Please, advice!!
    Last edited by jplee4907; 12-20-2008 at 12:58 AM.

F7a link work?

Nevermind using F6 official now
    Last edited by SpeedEuphoria; 12-20-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jplee4907 View Post
    I got my GA-EX58-Extreme a couple of days ago. (i7 920, OCZ ddr3 Gold 1600 1x3g, HD3870). First, with F3 bios (factory installed), everything was perfect. I used multi-booting set with Linux/Vista enabling AHCI with my 4 HDDs.
    Then, I found out this site and newer beta bios F4l & F4m.
    I flashed it. After, I can't use AHCI mode at all.

Once I enabled SATA RAID/AHCI mode with SATA Port0-3 Native Mode (enable), USB Keyboard & Mouse (enable), Onboard SATA/IDE Device (enable), Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl (enable), the system hangs at "Varyfying DMI Pool DMA.....Updated."

I reset the power, but I can't even go into bios setup. I was able to reflash to go back standard bios F3, but still the same. If the system hangs again, I've to reflesh to get into bios and set as default setting. Now, I'm using Vista alone. But I need to get back onto my dual booting with AHCI on.

Please, advice!!
    I had this problem on my GA-EX58-UD5 with bios F3, with everything set to AHCI, now with the newer bios I don't have that problem anymore. Anyway, are you sure that the problem isn't just that the order of boot of your hds has changed? If you boot with grub, try doing a grub-install on all your hds, so that if that's the problem, the one selected by the bios will be booted. It happened to me that the order of boot between hds changed without any reason.

Default Ga-ex58-ds4

I have a Gigabyte EX58-DS4.
    It came with the F3 BIOS and whenever I rebooted from Windows/Linux, I got multiple reboots or multiple reboots and a shutdown before booting properly
    (having VT on or off didn't change anything).

After that, when I entered the BIOS, I sometimes got that "overclocking or voltages bla bla" when entering the Motherboard int. tweaker after getting all those reboots/shutdowns.

I upgraded to the latest BIOS for my motherboard, F4k and it keeps doing the same thing.
    The CPU voltage was being detected as 1.2 in F3 and 1.26-something in F4k.

I thought the BIOS was getting corrupted somehow, but that theory went out the window when I tried to: clear the BIOS settings, remove everything from the machine and leave nothing but the things required to boot it.

The RAM memory has been checked with memtest, the SMART status of the hdds was checked and I tested the stability of the machine with SuperPI and
    Prime95.

Even saving the BIOS settings seems to make it reboot, shutdown and boot again.
    Vmware/Virtualbox have troubles detecting VT, even if it's enabled in the BIOS.
    I got VT to work in vmware and virtualbox by forcing it in vmware and then loading Virtualbox.

Specs of the machine:
    Core i7 920 @ stock frequency
    tri-channel Kingston memory at 9-9-9 1333Mhz set at 1066 (all auto)
    PSU: 525W 82+ efficiency
    Bios settings:
    Vdroop: disabled
    NX: disabled
    turbo boost: disabled
    multithreading: disabled
    VT: disabled
    Prochout: enabled
    enhanced Cx states + speedstep: enabled

All in all, I don't think the board is broken, I think there's something which is being misdetected, (e.g. the memory's frequency or something).
    I'm hoping to get a fix for this.
    Last edited by andyj; 12-21-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Hi

Someone at Gigabyte should know batter.
    I have bought GA-EX58-UD5, changed to GA-EX58-Extreme, changed to GA-EX58-UD4P, and changed again to GA-EX58-UD5 again.

The reason was the same.
    I only wanted to use AHCI mode for my multi-booting.
    All the same, when I changed to ACHI mode enable, the bios hangs at the same screen, "Varyfying DMI Pool Data......" Can't move further. The screen was stuck there forever!!!

If I try to go back to default mode, I have to use CMOS Clear button.

This is really really ridiculous that $300 MOBO can't function what they are supposed to.

I have used all different types of beta bios. Still the same.

I purchased these series of MOBO from MWAVE in Pomona, CA. I can't even go back there to ask exchange. I really looked stupid hanging with Gigabyte.

Please, someone at the bios dept. should debug this situation ASAP.

Next thing, I only have to go Gigabyte office in LA.

Also, compared to using ASUS mobo, even with default bios setting, whenever booting, the systme takes about 15-20 seconds at "varyfying DMI pool data...
    Meaning, the Gigabyte bios is really really slow....Please, take it as a tip.
    Last edited by jplee4907; 12-21-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jplee4907 View Post
    Hi

Someone at Gigabyte should know batter.
    I have bought GA-EX58-UD5, changed to GA-EX58-Extreme, changed to GA-EX58-UD4P, and changed again to GA-EX58-UD5 again.

The reason was the same.
    I only wanted to use AHCI mode for my multi-booting.
    All the same, when I changed to ACHI mode enable, the bios hangs at the same screen, "Varyfying DMI Pool Data......" Can't move further. The screen was stuck there forever!!!

If I try to go back to default mode, I have to use CMOS Clear button.

This is really really ridiculous that $300 MOBO can't function what they are supposed to.

I have used all different types of beta bios. Still the same.

I purchased these series of MOBO from MWAVE in Pomona, CA. I can't even go back there to ask exchange. I really looked stupid hanging with Gigabyte.

Please, someone at the bios dept. should debug this situation ASAP.

Next thing, I only have to go Gigabyte office in LA.

Also, compared to using ASUS mobo, even with default bios setting, whenever booting, the systme takes about 15-20 seconds at "varyfying DMI pool data...
    Meaning, the Gigabyte bios is really really slow....Please, take it as a tip.
    With Respect, I would personally find it very odd if I had tried three different models of motherboard, albeit the same series and i was facing the same fault everytime. Are you using an SATA Dvd/rw drive and have you tried disconnecting that and just trying one hard drive on the ICH10R controller?
    I believe the GB sata controller on this board has some limitations ie, smart backup.
    Have you started a forum post, where others could give their input as this thread is really to update GB owners of new bios releases.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Hi VorLonUK

First of all, thanks for kind reply. I'm noobo here. I didn't know how to start thread. I was just googling to find this bios section on this site. 'Hopefully I got some reply since yesterday.

My language is out of frustration, I didn't try to offend any.
    I had to use this board for my multi-booting. Linux, Hackintosh, and Vista.
    I have used Giga Mobo, P35, EP35, EP45, and now EX58. Except ex58, all were working great. That's why I wanted to use this series.

Yes, i'm using a SATA DVD/RW, everytime I set AHCI enable, I believe the ODD were connected to SATA 3 port as slave. I will try to disconnect the ODD and give it try.
    But when it hangs on at DMI pool data..., it's really annoying to reset the whole system again. I don't know about how you found out the limitation, but if you can give some detail about your situation, it will be helpful. Thanks again.

At Stasio

Any chance of a better picture of this vdroop mod.

Also testing f4m on extreme looks ok,(finally got it working)
    lot less voltage required for me for stability.
    Cpu volts 1.425 in bios giving 1.376 on cpu-z.
    Runnning 4011hz turbo enabled and ht enabled

Thread Information