Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 148 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 10871

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

It seems Gigabyte mb:s are not really suitable for overclocking. I downgraded my EX58-UD5 to official bios v F7 and I can now boot ok with default clocks, but the mb refuses to boot with overclocked settings unless I do power off / on cycle for 5-10 times.

After I finally get successful boot everything works fine, but the very annoying power cycling mess definetily was not what I thought I'd get for my 250 euros when I bought the mb. Next time I'll spend my money to more reliable brands.

Quote Originally Posted by limons View Post
    It seems Gigabyte mb:s are not really suitable for overclocking. I downgraded my EX58-UD5 to official bios v F7 and I can now boot ok with default clocks, but the mb refuses to boot with overclocked settings unless I do power off / on cycle for 5-10 times.

After I finally get successful boot everything works fine, but the very annoying power cycling mess definetily was not what I thought I'd get for my 250 euros when I bought the mb. Next time I'll spend my money to more reliable brands.
    can anyone say total inexperienced noob?

my EX58-UD3R (which is inferior to a UD5) overclocks to 4.5Ghz with ease, just not a voltages that I am comfortable with for 24/7
    I run at 4.2Ghz on an i7 920 (C0) that is stable and happy now at 1.475volts and that is fine (for now)...every bios version all pretty much the same

your statement:
    "It seems Gigabyte mb:s are not really suitable for overclocking" shows your inexperience at overclocking, even if you think ur experienced, ur obviously not.

btw this is not a overclocking troubles thread, its a bios thread (I know I should not have posted either, but couldn't help myself...sorry Stasio won't happen again)
    now for something helpful for limons:
    go to
    Core i7/X58 Overclocking Thread - XtremeSystems Forums
    and
    Overclocking with Gigabyte x58 Mobos - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
    and
    Gigabyte X-58 Overclocking Guide - Overclockers Forums
    and
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Motherboard Review & Overclocking - Page 1 - Introduction
    and ask for help here, lots of overclockers can help
    you've obviously got some reading to do

if u do not research and learn about overclocking first any brand will give you troubles with overclocking
    RIG#1
    980x @ 4.5Ghz 24/7 under water, dual rads
    Vcore 1.4, VTT 1.35, ram 1.5
    Gigabyte X58 UD9 mobo
    590 GTX under water *700Mhz, 4000Mhz)
    12GB of DDR3
    1x Intel Sata3 SSD
    4x ocz SSD's Raid 0
    Strider 1500Watt PSU
    all in a monster MOZART TX CASE (with 16 fans)
    Winows 7 64 bit

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x.../980x and UD9/

RIG#2
    Qi7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    vcore 1.45, fsb 1.4
    XFX 5970
    6GB if DDR3
    5x 2TB HD's
    850watt Antec PSU
    all in a Antec 900 CASE (with 6 fans)
    Antec HTPC Remote
    Windows 7 64bit

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x...0 i7 920 HTPC/

I have my bios all setup manually for stock settings.
    When I want to overclock it (my 920) I drop the dram multi from 10 to 6 and change the bclk to 160-166 and I have it power off once (which is normal) then it loads into windows, everything stable.
    Thing is, you should be locking your pcie bus to 100, you should be setting all your voltages to normal (not auto) if you want to do a basic overclock. (and adjust the dram to stay at its rated speed. otherwise you will run into instability problems if you think that you can oc in the bios while leaving eveything on auto. My board is the EX58-UD5 too btw.
    Theyre perfectly fine for overclocking, if you know what to configure.

and nicely said shane.

sorry yes, off topic. I wont post ot again either.
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 07-26-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shane_p View Post
    can anyone say total inexperienced noob?

my EX58-UD3R (which is inferior to a UD5) overclocks to 4.5Ghz with ease, just not a voltages that I am comfortable with for 24/7
    I run at 4.2Ghz on an i7 920 (C0) that is stable and happy now at 1.475volts and that is fine (for now)...every bios version all pretty much the same
    Thank you for the tips, but I wouldn't consider myself a total noob. I guess my mb is defective then, because as I wrote in my earlier post, all my voltages are in the safe range, my dram multiplier is set so that the memory is at 1448mhz (g.skill 1600mhz ddr3), so that can't be the problem. I have nothing on auto, I have manually adjusted all voltages so they are in the safe range. And I used to be able to run prime95 blend for 10 hours straight overclocked.

For some reason, my pc just doesn't boot properly (requires about 10 power cycles from the power supply) anymore if I have even the slightest overclock applied (with bios f8f it didn't boot properly even with default clocks, but I flashed F7 and now it seems to boot ok with default clocks). None of the links you provided help me with that problem. This leads me to conclusion that the board I paid 250+ euros for is not as high quality as Gigabyte claims.

And the reason I posted this into bios thread is because I assumed the bios version I used had something to do with these problems, maybe my mb incorrectly thinks something is wrong and doesn't boot as a safety measure or something.
    Last edited by limons; 07-26-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Nah, doesnt sound bios related to me.
    Im on F6 and have no issues like you describe.
    You'd be better to start a thread about your problems then to post here about them.

i had the F7 bios in my u5 and the oc dident work i upgraded to f8e and now i run my 920 at 3.4 at stock volt so its bios related the oc tuff

Originally Posted by limons View Post

what are you talking about? I can boot my UD5 on air to 4400 mhz, just don't like the temps so i am going with water.

Gigabyte boards are just outstanding, and the fact that they are less expensive than ASUS makes them just that much better.

You are doing something wrong, period, or your chip is terrible. If you post some specs anyone would be happy to get you going to some nice speeds.

I have the UD5 and I am now running the F8f BIOS (upgraded from the F7). At my previous BIOS version I was running a stable OC: BCLK 200, CPU MULTI x20, SPD x8, Uncore x17, RAM timings at 8-8-824-1 (OCZ 6GB Platinum 1600), with 100 passes of LinX w/ ALL memory (max temp 73*C), but after upgrading I can no longer pass more than 10 or 12 passes of LinX without getting a x50, x124, or stop on errors from LinX.

I've also tried uping the voltage on the QPI/VTT, QPI PLL, CPU PLL and/or RAM a tad, but I do not know if that will solve the issue.

I was running at 4.2GZ, b/c I had turbo on constantly. I am running tests to see if Turbo off will help any. I also would like to run my speed at 1600mhz with the stated 7-7-7-24-1 timings, but I don't know if it is going to be possible or not. If I run MemTest for 2 hours with the settings and it passes does that qualify it as memory stable?

I seem to have the biggest issue with getting memory stable, I wish there was some type of general guideline for setting it and/or OC'ing it.

When I was on the F7 BIOS I found out my highest BCLK was 211, but I have no clue now how to achieve that, because I keep hearing a x20 multi for the CPU is not stable, but yet it seems that is the only one I can get stable.

What is considered the best version BIOS for OC'ing? Is it a UD5 or Extreme BIOS?

I got better results with the f7 bios as well.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

BIOS updated:

GA-EP45-Extreme - F9b
    GA-EP45T-UD3R - F7b
    GA-EP45T-UD3P - F8b
    GA-EP45-UD3R - F10f
    GA-EP45-UD3P - F10e

Info: AHCI ROM 1.20E
    Info: ALT + F12 - flash backup BIOS
    Info: "Backup BIOS image to HDD" now standard [Disabled]
    Info: Q-Flash update to ver.2.13

This is done with the key combination "Alt + F12" after the BIOS beep made ...
    Last edited by stasio; 07-29-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower