Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 151 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 10850

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    It would be a very good thing to have a final bios for EP45-DS3R.
    The F11c bios (03/09) still has the old 1.07 ahci rom... any news?
    Thanks

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    The problem with loop rebooting and "updating backup bios" also occures with ep45-ud3r and newest 10f bios. I also noticed that it doesn't overclock so well.

    Is it possible for someone to take the ep45-ud3r f6 bios (which is the best and more stable bios till now) , located here GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS Download ,and just put it it the new achi rom ?

    Thanks.

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Darwin (Australia)
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    New beta bios for GA-EX58-UD4P is F9D, only works if (DDR3 1333MHz ram) is actually run at 1333MHz. The motherboard by default sets any 1333MHz ram at 1066MHz speed. F9D fixes the bootup freezing errors.
    If ram is not changed to 1333MHz speed then a new error that you will experience is that the computer will hang on the "Shutting Down" screen.
    I'll continue to test this new BIOS today and let you know what happens.

  4. #1504
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by ilpioch View Post
    It would be a very good thing to have a final bios for EP45-DS3R.
    The F11c bios (03/09) still has the old 1.07 ahci rom... any news?
    Thanks
    Try this modded BIOS
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec.../EP45DS3Rm.11c
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    1. What is the latest AHCI rom?
    2. Does this affect RAID performance on the ICH10R?

    I flashed my EX58-UD5 with F8f.

    4. Does this have the most up-to-date AHCI rom?
    5. Is their a fix for the computer double/triple posting or taking long time to boot?
    6. Is it common to lose OC'ing ability or have a stable OC turn instable after BIOS update?

  6. #1506
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    1. What is the latest AHCI rom?
    2. Does this affect RAID performance on the ICH10R?

    I flashed my EX58-UD5 with F8f.

    4. Does this have the most up-to-date AHCI rom?
    5. Is their a fix for the computer double/triple posting or taking long time to boot?
    6. Is it common to lose OC'ing ability or have a stable OC turn instable after BIOS update?
    1. 1.20 is the latest version.
    2. no because it uses the raid rom not ahci
    3. ?
    4. not sure.
    5. Is usually a unstable overclock. it maybe be windows stable but not boot stable.
    6. yes. changes in back ground may affect your setting for a certain over clock to not work with a updated bios. Its advised you rerun your test for find stable settings again may notice your able to lower voltages that you could not lower before which maybe necessary to achieve a stable overclock.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  7. #1507
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Yeah, I seemed to have forgotten #3, hmm..

    Well, I know you said it is Windows stable and not Boot stable, but I'm not sure if I have ever had it boot fast without acting like it posted 3 times or so.

    I have passed 250 passes of LinX with these settings and I still get the triple post. I don't see how it is something unstable. It just acts like it is starting (flickers lights/ slight low volume beep-ish sound) and then it POSTs just fine and runs excellent.

    Have you seen this issue?

    ---

    Oh, one other thing is when I enter the BIOS I do not get BIOS/error messages indicating unstable overclocks or anything like that. It just kinda sounds like it triple posts (At first I thought it was because of the dual BIOS's)

  8. #1508
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    @jace5869 Im not really sure i don't have this board maybe someone else would have a better answer. I think I remember reading something like your describing in another thread. I would try searching or see if someone else chimes in
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  9. #1509

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    As posted in the other thread, my UD5 doesnt get that issue, but what i would suggest from what you describe here is to try another power supply, also to save your current oc settings as a profile then configure the board to run completely stock and test to see if you still get the post looping problem.

  10. #1510

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    Yeah, I seemed to have forgotten #3, hmm..

    Well, I know you said it is Windows stable and not Boot stable, but I'm not sure if I have ever had it boot fast without acting like it posted 3 times or so.

    I have passed 250 passes of LinX with these settings and I still get the triple post. I don't see how it is something unstable. It just acts like it is starting (flickers lights/ slight low volume beep-ish sound) and then it POSTs just fine and runs excellent.

    Have you seen this issue?

    ---

    Oh, one other thing is when I enter the BIOS I do not get BIOS/error messages indicating unstable overclocks or anything like that. It just kinda sounds like it triple posts (At first I thought it was because of the dual BIOS's)
    This is completely normal, once you open the PC, motherboard will do triple boot to check everything is ok and apply your voltage settings, happens same to me with 2 different boards, and when you enter the bios you won't see any sign of bad oc. it only happens when you OC but it is normal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 198 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 195 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. stasio,
  3. Wolfist

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •